Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Ginger Prince said:

I didn’t used to mind Rab but this weird ‘I’m no really a Liverpool fan but I am’ routine is getting pretty boring.

Ps lolverpool.

He was questioning a Leeds "fan"s credentials for being a true fan the other day with no hint of irony.

24 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

He was questioning a Leeds "fan"s credentials for being a true fan the other day with no hint of irony.

Christ it's Fyvie I thought you'd lost your wifi down there in gods country.  I just get to the odd game :) 

Loving the "professional" commentators going on and on about the CSKA goal being offside, as it hit a player who was in an offside position. He isn't. They don't seem to understand that the Man Utd player who slid behind the goal line is still on the pitch. He is considered to be on the line as no player can leave or return to the pitch without the refs permission, so the Man U player is still on the pitch.
Seems some of the players don't understand it either, but thankfully the linesman did.
If that law didn't exist, then a tardy full back (for example) could simply step off the pitch to make someone offside.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Christ, even Lineker and Gerard don't understand it.

you're talking extreme offside pedantry here, though - only the game's true illuminati know and understand such things (Tony Gubba and the Norwegian "your boys took a hell of a beating..." guy to name but two); those couple of fŭcktards struggle to dress themselves, let alone come out with anything intelligent or informative...

...and yet, being oh so right while those footballing geniuses were collectively oh so wrong didn't give me the same buzz as getting a question right on University Challenge or Only Connect. I wonder why that's the case? Isn't Paul Scholes really clever? I'm beginning to doubt it.

Archived