Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69
And Robertson fails to make the Liverpool bench again!
Milner and Gomez, who has played at left-back on several occasions, are on the bench. Flanagan was in the in squad too.
Did Klopp really want Robertson? 

He was never going to be a regular in big games he will get his turn in the carabao cup probably when the main squad is rested

2 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

He was never going to be a regular in big games he will get his turn in the carabao cup probably when the main squad is rested

If that's the case, it's a bad move for Robertson who appears to be Klopp's 3rd choice LB.

Scotland needs Robertson to be playing regular first-team football, not rotting in the stands with Flanagan.

Guest DAVIDB69
If that's the case, it's a bad move for Robertson who appears to be Klopp's 3rd choice LB.
Scotland needs Robertson to be playing regular first-team football, not rotting in the stands with Flanagan.

That's my concern as well we have enough of our squad not getting regular club action without adding one of our best players to the that list

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

And Robertson fails to make the Liverpool bench again!

Milner and Gomez, who has played at left-back on several occasions, are on the bench. Flanagan was in the in squad too.

Did Klopp really want Robertson?

It's a strange one because his options at LB range from temporary solution (Milner) to absolute garbage (Moreno). Maybe dropping Robertson in tonight would have been a gamble, but he really should have used him more in pre-season and against Watford.

2 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

It's a strange one because his options at LB range from temporary solution (Milner) to absolute garbage (Moreno). Maybe dropping Robertson in tonight would have been a gamble, but he really should have used him more in pre-season and against Watford.

Agree it's strange.  Watching this and I am staggered that Moreno has been picked twice as starting left back.  His positioning is all over the place, he never seems to be where he needs to be to defend, which is sorta an important job for a defender.  SAP AG FC are getting way too much space on his side

4 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

That's my concern as well we have enough of our squad not getting regular club action without adding one of our best players to the that list

My concern is when do United see the money?

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

Agree it's strange.  Watching this and I am staggered that Moreno has been picked twice as starting left back.  His positioning is all over the place, he never seems to be where he needs to be to defend, which is sorta an important job for a defender.  SAP AG FC are getting way too much space on his side

This. 

Guest DAVIDB69
My concern is when do United see the money?

That's my concern too, notice Hargreaves is slightly more praising to hoffenheim than he normally is to non English sides , that might change now

1 minute ago, LinkinFighter said:

I'm sure I heard Robertson was injured.

In the squad - http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/271957-confirmed-22-man-lfc-squad-travels-to-hoffenheim

"Liverpool squad: Alexander-Arnold, Moreno, Lovren, Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Can, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Kent, Solanke, Origi, Gomez, Klavan, Flanagan, Robertson, Matip, Grujic, Mignolet, Karius, Ward."

Archived