Failed Statelet Premier League

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 3-0 win for Linfield away to Ballinamallard in the League Cup, with Andy Waterworth returning for 71 minutes after injury, although my flabber will be ghasted if he is risked against Dundee United.

Other scores were

• Cliftonville 7-0 PSNI
  • Ballyclare Comrades 1-0 Institute

I hope AFJ likes dry bread - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41607911

Coleraine win the top of the table clash with Linfield under "controversial circumstances" - a disputed goal gives the Bannsiders a 2-1 victory and David Healy is sent to the stands for protesting. Glenavon win 3-2 at Seaview, hanging on after racing into a 3-1 lead after half an hour. Glentoran fall again at The Oval, Cliftonville triumphing 2-0.

Goals galore at the Ballymena Showgrounds, 6-3 to the homesters. United were seemingly cruising, 4-1 up, but Ards scored twice in a minute. However the Braidmen pulled themselves together to score 2 more. Dungannon lost ground on the top six by losing at Carrick, who came back from a half time defecit, and Ballinamallard are in real trouble after losing away to Warrenpoint Town on Friday night.

Coleraine lead the way, with 28 points, 5 clear of Glenavon who are now second, Linfield third with 21 points, then Crusaders on 20 points are fourth. The top four have played 10 games. Fifth are Cliftonville with 19 points from 11 with Glentoran sixth on 18, also from 11.

Bottom half: Dungannon Swifts are seventh on 14 points, 1 more than eighth placed Ballymena, both played 11. Ninth on 9 points from 10 are Carrick, tenth are Ards with 7 from 11,  ahead of Warrenpoint Town, who have also played 11, on goal difference Bottom, with a game in hand, are Ballinamallard United, still winless with only 1 point to their name.

Next week Coleraine travel to Solitude, Glenavon take on Ballymena at home and Linfield face Crusaders on Monday night at Windsor. Ards meet Warrenpoint on Friday, and Carrick travel to Ballinamallard on the Saturday.

There was only 1 match in the Chamionship, bottom dogs Larne winning 3-1 at promotion chasing Knockbreda, 2 wins on the bounce for Larne who won last week, too. Ballyclare top 18 from 9, Knockbreda second 17 from 10, Institute third, also 17 but from 9.

Larne still bottom but now 8 from 10, only 2 points behind, Dergview, Limavady United and  Portadown all 10 from 9.

Intermediate sees Queens University top on goal difference from Lisburn Distillery with Banbridge Town third, one point back.

Sad to see Donegal Celtic at the bottom of the table.

Just now, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

It certainly was controversial, but good to see the Bannsiders keeping up their title challenge. Great crowd there too by IL standards.

my coleraine supporting mate is still refusing to believe in a title challenge.afetr years of seeing linfield getting the marginal decisions hes delighted to see coleraine steal the win with a goal that never was

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

my coleraine supporting mate is still refusing to believe in a title challenge.afetr years of seeing linfield getting the marginal decisions hes delighted to see coleraine steal the win with a goal that never was

That makes 2 of us! Still think we'll do our usual second half of the season collapse.

22 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

You're having a laugh. For years the Glums got all the 50/50 decisions in Big Two games  and the last few years have seen two referees in particular causing Linfield untold controversy, especially away to Glenavon last year.

I'm certainly not saying they have an agenda based on ulterior motives because I really don't want to go down that road, but I sometimes wonder, such is the regularity with which Mr Crangle and Mr Hunter are involved with this sort of decision in Linfield games. With Crangle I think it is because he is a buffoon who wants to be the centre of attention and the game is all about him and his Asia sized ego.

Coleraine should have had a player sent off on Saturday too, although I'll put that down to a refereeing mistake, as I will the goal. We'll see how the rest of the season pans out. If Linfield can't win it then I hope Coleraine or Glenavon do, and I hope we still have 5 teams in the mix come the last few weeks of the season.

Coleraine roll on with a hard fought 2-1 win at Solitude, where the leaders survive a late Cliftonville penalty claim. The Reds had a man sent off in the closing stages.Glenavon roll over Ballymena 4-0 at Mourneview, United reduced to 10 men in the first half.  Dungannon seem to have lost their way, going down 2-0 at Stangmore against Glentoran, Ards won 2-1 against Warrenpoint on Friday night to record their first home (at Bangor, shirley?) win of the season, and Ballinamallard got their first win of the season, beating Carrick 2-1 at Ferney Park. Linfield play Crusaders tomorrow.

All of which leaves Coleraine still top of the pile with 31 points from 11 games, 5 ahead of Glentoran, also played 11. Third are Linfield, 21 from 10, ahead of Glentoran on goal difference, the Glens having played 12. Fifth are Crusaders, 20 from 10, with Cliftonville sixth with 19 from 11.

Bottom half: Seventh are stuttering Dungannon Swifts with 14 from 12, one point ahead of Ballymena, who have also played 12. Ards are ninth with 10 from 12, Carrick tenth on 9 from 11, then Warrenpoint Town with 7 from 12 and still twelfth are Ballinamallard United with 4 points but they have a game in hand on Town.

Glenavon are away to Carrick next Saturday, Coleraine entertain Glentoran.

In the Championship Ballyclare Comrades scored a dramatic last minute winner in a 4-3 win at Dixon Park over H&W Welders, Larne got a point in a home draw with Lurgan Celtic, 2-2. Comrades are on 21 points, 4 clear of Knockbreda and Institute. Larne are now only 1 point behind Dergview at the bottom of the table.

In the Intermediate Queens University are now top on goal difference after a 7-0 victory over Portstewart, from Lisburn Distillery, who came back from 2 down to beat bottom dogs Donegal Celtic, 3-2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41709261

http://www.nifootballleague.com/

Great win for Coleraine at Solitude, and the sort of tough battle they would previously have lost. Glenavon in scintillating form too as they romp home 4-0 playing some super stuff. Linfield will be ex-champions come May if this continues.

Archived