Failed Statelet Premier League

Might venture down to the big 2 game on Tuesday, blues win very much on the cards but you never know

You never know, indeed! [emoji16]

I take it the boy that got sent off in the last minute was over zealous with the celebrations?

As for the Steel and Sons Cup final, I’d love a wee Christmas morning fixture if it was close by.

What was the crowd yesterday and what’s the usual average for the game?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

You never know, indeed! emoji16.png

I take it the boy that got sent off in the last minute was over zealous with the celebrations?

As for the Steel and Sons Cup final, I’d love a wee Christmas morning fixture if it was close by.

What was the crowd yesterday and what’s the usual average for the game?

He'd already been booked earlier for taking part in a stramash during the game ,didn't notice what he did but yes think he over celebrated.

As for the steel and son, haven't seen a figure but my guess is a couple of hundred, plenty of stories from years ago of packed stands but not for a while, ironically the crowd tends to be bigger when it involves smaller town teams.

Never been to one but it's one of those "one of these years" things.

Coleraine v Ballymena kicked off late to accommodate the big crowd, which would have been disappointed to see Coleraine fail to hold onto the lead and drop two points. This allowed Crusaders to reduce the defecit to 4 points with a game in hand, after beating Cliftonville.

Inconsistenet Glentoran scored a last minute winner at The Oval over Linfield, that must end their hopes, surely.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42495321

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42473021

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 20:17, Co.Down Hibee said:

He'd already been booked earlier for taking part in a stramash during the game ,didn't notice what he did but yes think he over celebrated.

As for the steel and son, haven't seen a figure but my guess is a couple of hundred, plenty of stories from years ago of packed stands but not for a while, ironically the crowd tends to be bigger when it involves smaller town teams.

Never been to one but it's one of those "one of these years" things.

Back in the Eighties Seaview was bunged with hungover football fans of all hues and it was a truly great occasion. Usually 4-5,000 there and never even a hint of trouble. I used to attend with my brothers in law and two nephews (and a wee carry oot), so it got the guys out of the house and gave my sister peace to get on with the Christmas dinner.

Incidentally, the earlier stramash saw your player booked for one of the worst pieces of play acting I have seen. Am just about ready to watch the longer highlights. League over for the Blues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Huge game in the failed statelet today,Coleraine host leaders Crusaders,only 1 point separating them just now although Crues have a superior goal difference.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42721799

Coleraine can't afford to lose this one

Superb top of the table clash, the spirit in the Coleraine side is superb...

Bad day at the office for Squealy at Linfield,another cracking match but that's them down to 5th, they aren't renowned for long memories at Windsor (it's the buckfast you know) 

6 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Superb top of the table clash, the spirit in the Coleraine side is superb...

Bad day at the office for Squealy at Linfield,another cracking match but that's them down to 5th, they aren't renowned for long memories at Windsor (it's the buckfast you know) 

They seem to remember the decisions that went against them 10, 20, 30 years ago...

Archived