Odds and predictions

28 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Robbie Crawford was one of the best midfielders in the Championship last season. 

Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd see.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd see.

There's two Robbie Crawfords. 

Ayr's one has about 100 appearances for them and came through their youth set up I believe. 

The ex-Rangers and Alloa one signed for us, then proceeded to never play, before requesting his release. And even then he wasn't even our most bizarre signing of the season (which would go to David Syme, who never even made a first team squad)

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You'd need to stick alot more than that on to get a free holiday, might get a free night ooot.

Few days self catering at Haggerston castle Lichtie, celebrate in style. 

23 minutes ago, rw89 said:

There's two Robbie Crawfords.

Nuh-uh. I got caught out last time this happened with a Rangers player.

Spoiler

Apparently ours is at the champions of Iceland now, which surely guarantees they'll be knocking Aberdeen or St Johnstone out of the Europa League this season  :(

On 18 June 2017 at 10:01, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Can I ask why people are creaming themselves over Arbroath for next season? There is genuinely not a single player from their team last season that I would take at Starks, so they must have signed a full new squad?

Given that Forfar gave you a doing in the cup last season and Arbroath pipped them for the title and now boast arguably our best players and another of our best in their ranks how can you assume "the mighty Rovers" will sweep aside everyone including Arbroath?

Given that Forfar gave you a doing in the cup last season and Arbroath pipped them for the title and now boast arguably our best players and another of our best in their ranks how can you assume "the mighty Rovers" will sweep aside everyone including Arbroath?

I presume you've quoted the wrong post..?

I haven't said that we'll sweep aside everyone in this league..?

23 hours ago, RR #1 said:

1. The Rovers

2. Alloa

3. Stranrear 

4. Arbroath 

5. Ayr

6. Forfar.

7. Albion 

8. Airdrie 

9. Queens Park

10 East Fife

Can we just accept this offer now? Please?

1) The Rovers

2-10) The rest

#roaringback

Ah, I get it why there was a we hate Raith Rovers thread back in the day. Ok we've signed two strikers. But still have the core of a team that didn't give a shit about the club last season

14 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Ah, I get it why there was a we hate Raith Rovers thread back in the day. Ok we've signed two strikers. But still have the core of a team that didn't give a shit about the club last season

There was a 'we hate Raith Rovers' thread back in the day because everyone hates everyone else, and if folk weren't dismissively trashing all other team's chances while at the same time accusing everyone else of unpardonable arrogance in return, this forum would be a fucking ghost town.

There was a 'we hate Raith Rovers' thread back in the day because everyone hates everyone else, and if folk weren't dismissively trashing all other team's chances while at the same time accusing everyone else of unpardonable arrogance in return, this forum would be a fucking ghost town.

It is dead though, I've never been so bored lol

18 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Which players signed up for this season didn't give a shit about the club last season? A few of them had bad seasons but I genuinely don't think you can accuse any of the players kept of lacking effort or not caring.

3 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

It is dead though, I've never been so bored lol

P+B in general, though it does feel a bit quieter down here, right enough.

On your previous comment, I think the ones we've kept are the ones who probably did give a shit. It's a question of whether they are good enough, or even if our new strike force ends up scoring single figures as is usual for Rovers when we splash out on players. I'm quietly confident we'll make the top half of the table, beyond that is anyone's guess and really depends on how we fill out the rest of the team. We won't make it very far relying on Davo and Bene to be both available for the whole season. We have literally one player capable of playing out wide, if Davo and Matthews are suspended at the same time, then our middle starts to look really light.

P+B in general, though it does feel a bit quieter down here, right enough.
On your previous comment, I think the ones we've kept are the ones who probably did give a shit. It's a question of whether they are good enough.

You know me, I like to mix it up. Maybe the players signed gave a shit, just weren't very good at it. They also had contempt for both managers. 19 points above a shit St Mirren. Then decide when the clocks go back that the job was done. In the play offs we just gave up against a mediocre Village team. I have absolutely no doubt this will be a tough season. We might win it, but only just. These players have a lot to prove after that utter failure of season.

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

You know me, I like to mix it up. Maybe the players signed gave a shit, just weren't very good at it. They also had contempt for both managers. 19 points above a shit St Mirren. Then decide when the clocks go back that the job was done. In the play offs we just gave up against a mediocre Village team. I have absolutely no doubt this will be a tough season. We might win it, but only just. These players have a lot to prove after that utter failure of season.

You look at the boys we kept, Benedictus definitely gave a shit and is definitely good enough, played constantly out of positions. Vaughan, never given a sniff and sent out on loan, but also definitely good enough. Callachan, always tried, was a big miss in those last 5 weeks. Matthews, fantastic wee player from start to last. We've done well to get rid of the absolute charlatans around them. I think there is a solid venn diagram overlap with those who weren't good enough and didn't give a shit.

You look at the boys we kept, Benedictus definitely gave a shit and is definitely good enough, played constantly out of positions. Vaughan, never given a sniff and sent out on loan, but also definitely good enough. Callachan, always tried, was a big miss in those last 5 weeks. Matthews, fantastic wee player from start to last. We've done well to get rid of the absolute charlatans around them. I think there is a solid venn diagram overlap with those who weren't good enough and didn't give a shit.

For me Matthews was the only bright spot, Callachan frustrated the life out of me. Instead of finding a player in an advanced position he took the easy root and blasted 30-40 yard shots that landed in row z or 300 hundred feet up in the air.

I might seem like a negative arsehole, but believe it or not I love our football club. I'm angry at how THAT season went

Archived