Odds and predictions

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

To be fair Devlin was fine defensively bar one or two errors. Can't think of many getting the better of him. He spent the entire season trying to be our only attacking threat too.

Don't particularly disagree with the sentiment though, if we sign Gordon (not entirely sure where that's came from) with those two at fullback who don't particularly charge forward we probably will be more solid overall.

Would like to see a midfield three of Geggan, Adams and Docherty for a laugh one game too.

Always felt he was on the heels of the opposing winger, but like you say that's probably more to do with us not having any attacking threat from the wide areas. Will be pleasing to see our full backs this year concentrate on defending and have the likes of Guff/McDaid/Forrest and possibly Hilson if he was to sign take ownership of our attacks. This has the makings of a good team, mccall needs to earn his dough now and prove he's got an ounce of tactical know how.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all need to re-mortgage our houses and lump it on Raith, they'll absolutely stroll this league as they're far too good for this level.

We all need to re-mortgage our houses and lump it on Raith, they'll absolutely stroll this league as they're far too good for this level.

How did you come to this conclusion ?

19 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Alright, f**k it. I'm convinced Airdrie won't be shite one day.

1. Raith
  2. Airdrie
  3. Ayr
  4. Us
  5. Stranraer
  6. Arbroath
  7. East Fife
  8. Forfar
  9. Albion
  10. Queen's Park

...us to do a Brechin in the play-offs  :P

Love it when Queen's Park are written off. It was the same last season...

3 hours ago, spidersSnapper said:

Love it when Queen's Park are written off. It was the same last season...

I haven't written you off at all, I just don't have a clue what I'm talking about so I panicked. Probably should have made that clear.

Anything could happen in this league. Impossible to predict. Raith & Ayr obvious favorites due to being massive clubs with massive fan base. Bit like Clyde. An utter travesty they are playing in the lower leagues.

Personally i think Alloa, Airdrie wont be far away. The rest of us live in hope.

30 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Anything could happen in this league. Impossible to predict. Raith & Ayr obvious favorites due to being massive clubs with massive fan base. Bit like Clyde. An utter travesty they are playing in the lower leagues.

Personally i think Alloa, Airdrie wont be far away. The rest of us live in hope.

^^^ Kens the score. 

12 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

How did you come to this conclusion ?

20 hours ago, rw89 said:

:lol:  I'm reserving the right to come back to this post and say not all of our fans think we'll go the season unbeaten, or that we're not going romp the league. Every time people make these posts, even jokingly, we end up bottling it. 

My guess is as good as any however I'm basing it on who they have signed and budgets. Always one surprise team and the rest are there or there about so...

1. Raith

2. Ayr

3. Alloa

4. East Fife

5. Stranrear

6. Queens Park

7. Arbroath

8. Forfar

9. Airdrie

10. Albion

if airdrie hit admin x2 then the 10 point decuction will put them bottom 

On 18/06/2017 at 09:49, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

The first odds for League 1 are out. Thoughts?

I think Arbroath look the best value for an EW bet

cdffcd3b5daf8c5d11a420dfc29a944d.jpg

Not being biased here but 25 for Stranraer is some value.I personally wouldn't touch Rovers at 6/4 or Ayr at 9/4,the bookies being lazy again,two relegated teams and full time teams,Stranraer are 25/1 and East Fife are 10s crazy stuff,looking at their respective pool of players I know which price I would take,Rovers or Ayr may well win it but a fiver each way on the blues at that price,I take it's a 1/4 the odds a place would give you about 30 pound profit on your tenner even if we finish third,a tenner on Rovers having to finish first gives you just 15 pounds profit,I don't gamble these days but Stranraer do look very tempting.

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

25/1 for Forfar and we don't even have a full squad yet.

That might be part of the reason why.

Or I'm giving the bookies way too much credit for their knowledge of Scottish football.

That might be part of the reason why.
Or I'm giving the bookies way too much credit for their knowledge of Scottish football.

Same odds as Arbroath who won League 2, have taken possibly two of our best players and have pretty much a full squad.
Defo a case of way too much credit.

On 6/24/2017 at 07:29, sirscottyoung said:

My guess is as good as any however I'm basing it on who they have signed and budgets. Always one surprise team and the rest are there or there about so...

1. Raith

2. Ayr

3. Alloa

4. East Fife

5. Stranrear

6. Queens Park

7. Arbroath

8. Forfar

9. Airdrie

10. Albion

if airdrie hit admin x2 then the 10 point decuction will put them bottom 

Airdrie don't owe money to anyone, we have no debt. Why would we be heading for administration ? 

On 23/06/2017 at 00:30, ayrmad said:

I don't think you have a promising future as a financial advisor

Archived