Odds and predictions

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'd take Benedictus back in a flash, BTW. Good Championship-level defender and always put a shift in. Was hoping that Raith might end up with a powderpuff defence to balance out the lethal strikeforce, but I forgot he'd gone to you guys  :(

Ah, I get it why there was a we hate Raith Rovers thread back in the day. Ok we've signed two strikers. But still have the core of a team that didn't give a shit about the club last season

It all these diddies hate us I consider that a good thing.

Amazing how quickly Raith fans have went from absolute meltdown and despair to chugging into the League One trophy

Have you not heard? We're #RoaringBack.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Have you not heard? We're #RoaringBack.

There's genuinely nothing worse than an official club 'hashtag'. By all means cling onto that as another band of villagers depart Kirkcaldy in their transit van with all 3 points.

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

Erm no....

Was this even worth typing?

Your manky mob breaking the bank to go full time and failing to go up is probably worse than our hashtag. One more time because you love it so much... #RoaringBack

Was this even worth typing?

I haven't read anything from us to say we'll romp to the title. Ok we've signed actual strikers and that's encouraging. I will say it's between us and Ayr, and the rest will raise their game against us. So imo it'll definitely be harder

We have the core of a team who have both finished 20 points clear in 4th, and were utterly horrendous last season.  Granted there were other players supplementing both of those runs of form, but the point still remains that we shouldn’t be certain about what we are going to see.

We will have a light squad and injuries could absolutely f**k us.  If everyone stays fit the whole season and plays to their potential then we would probably just about be favourites, but that isn’t going to happen. 

Plenty teams get relegated into the league below and toil.  St Mirren almost got relegated and had another indifferent season before that, Dundee Utd weren’t very good and Falkirk are still there after what seems like forever.   Add to that Dunfermline in League 1 (And ourselves a decade ago). 

Im delighted with Spence and Buchanan and will be equally so if Vaughan/Matthews remain…but this will likely be a tough season and I certainly don’t harbour any thoughts of us romping this league.  For Vaughan also there is a bit of pressure on him.  He hasn’t consistently performed over any real period of time so we may need to be patient with him. 

That said, Im absolutely delighted to see the back of Skacel, Mchattie, Jordon Thomson, Roberts, Johnston et al.  Skacel I felt sympathy for as I don’t doubt his professionalism, the legs had just totally gone….the others I certainly would doubt professionalism and they will be lucky to be playing League football in a few years time.  Some like Hardie, Mcmanus, Stweart etc I don’t harbour too much ill feeling for, but we did have a squad with some absolute c***s in it.

I also rather ashamedly don’t know too much about the rest of the teams in this league, other than Ayr.  I would expect to finish in the top 4 given we are full time and some slight element of quality in there, but as to how close we are to the title I don’t know. 

We have the core of a team who have both finished 20 points clear in 4th, and were utterly horrendous last season.  Granted there were other players supplementing both of those runs of form, but the point still remains that we shouldn’t be certain about what we are going to see.
We will have a light squad and injuries could absolutely f**k us.  If everyone stays fit the whole season and plays to their potential then we would probably just about be favourites, but that isn’t going to happen. 
Plenty teams get relegated into the league below and toil.  St Mirren almost got relegated and had another indifferent season before that, Dundee Utd weren’t very good and Falkirk are still there after what seems like forever.   Add to that Dunfermline in League 1 (And ourselves a decade ago). 
Im delighted with Spence and Buchanan and will be equally so if Vaughan/Matthews remain…but this will likely be a tough season and I certainly don’t harbour any thoughts of us romping this league.  For Vaughan also there is a bit of pressure on him.  He hasn’t consistently performed over any real period of time so we may need to be patient with him. 
That said, Im absolutely delighted to see the back of Skacel, Mchattie, Jordon Thomson, Roberts, Johnston et al.  Skacel I felt sympathy for as I don’t doubt his professionalism, the legs had just totally gone….the others I certainly would doubt professionalism and they will be lucky to be playing League football in a few years time.  Some like Hardie, Mcmanus, Stweart etc I don’t harbour too much ill feeling for, but we did have a squad with some absolute c***s in it.
I also rather ashamedly don’t know too much about the rest of the teams in this league, other than Ayr.  I would expect to finish in the top 4 given we are full time and some slight element of quality in there, but as to how close we are to the title I don’t know. 

This

Just out of interest how do you think you will go about fitting Vaughan, Spence, Buchanan and Barr into one team?

Vaughan, Buchanan and Barr will be three of the best in the division in those positions.

Archived