Moral Dilemma Questions.

Ludo*1

I done this a few year ago and thought I'd try again to see if the P and B general opinion has changed since.

1. You see Adolf Hitler as a young child, only 5 or 6. He is alone. If you kill him, you'd never be caught. Do you kill the child?

2. You are waiting on a train. As the train approaches, you see that a young child is on the tracks. The train will for sure kill the child. There's a lever that can divert the tracks, but you notice a drunk has passed out on the potential diversional track. Do you pull the lever, making yourself a murderer or allow a young life to be taken?

3. This one is just to lighten the mood. You work in a hierarchical workplace (So you're not self employed or unemployed). You feel a fart coming, and allow it to pass. It wasn't a fart though. You've just shit yourself. It's not salvageable by a quick trip to the toilet. Do you power through your shift, tell your boss the truth, just walk out or tell a lie to excuse yourself?

4. Finally, (And I have more if this is something that's of interest) you and your son are in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany. There's a particularly sadistic guard who is about to hang your son in front of you. He demands you pull away the chair that is supporting him or he will hang more of your fellow inmates. You know he means it. What do you do?

Bit morbid some of them, but there ya go. Will be interesting to see what you guys think. Cheers.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I done this a few year ago and thought I'd try again to see if the P and B general opinion has changed since.

1. You see Adolf Hitler as a young child, only 5 or 6. He is alone. If you kill him, you'd never be caught. Do you kill the child?

2. You are waiting on a train. As the train approaches, you see that a young child is on the tracks. The train will for sure kill the child. There's a lever that can divert the tracks, but you notice a drunk has passed out on the potential diversional track. Do you pull the lever, making yourself a murderer or allow a young life to be taken?

3. This one is just to lighten the mood. You work in a hierarchical workplace (So you're not self employed or unemployed). You feel a fart coming, and allow it to pass. It wasn't a fart though. You've just shit yourself. It's not salvageable by a quick trip to the toilet. Do you power through your shift, tell your boss the truth, just walk out or tell a lie to excuse yourself?

4. Finally, (And I have more if this is something that's of interest) you and your son are in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany. There's a particularly sadistic guard who is about to hang your son in front of you. He demands you pull away the chair that is supporting him or he will hang more of your fellow inmates. You know he means it. What do you do?

Bit morbid some of them, but there ya go. Will be interesting to see what you guys think. Cheers.

1. Chance to kill a young kid and un-make history (even if no one knows about it), hell yeah.

2. The kid might grow up to be the next Adolf Hitler.  At least the drunk's harmless.  

3. Were you in my office last Thursday?

4. Seriously, if I must choose between the lesser of two evils, I choose neither.

I'm surprised at the baws oot, kill the tramp answers! You'd likely be seen, so in essence it's sacrificing two lives for one young kid.

I remember a friend asking me a similar variant of #2 a little while ago. I know that I just couldn't bring myself to actively kill another human being in that situation, whether they are a drunk or not is irrelevant. I couldn't comprehensively explain my reasoning, but something just seemed less bad about sitting back and not doing anything. Maybe I'm a terrible person. 

1. wouldn't kill him. Who knows what life would've been like right now if he hadn't existed?

2. Kill the alky. A young bairn has a longer and probably more promising life to live than some rancid old jakey.

3. I'd go home and make up a lie.

4. Let him hang the others. No chance in hell I could play a part in killing my own child.

1. Kill Adolf. He was a c**t

2. Let the kid take his chances. He should've listened to the safety lectures at school. At least the drunk has an excuse for being on the tracks.

3. Waddle out and lie about it later.

4. Like Allan said. Batter the guard with the chair and save my son. Then I'd sharpen the chair leg on the concrete floor. I'd use that to shiv every other guard in the place, free the other prisoners and embark on a (more successful) Great Escape style jaunt across Europe and home to Blighty.

No real dilemma on any of those.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Even at this age he looked like a wee c**t.

article-2082640-0F58B8A300000578-613_224

1. Nothing
2. Nothing
3. I'd probably be honest about it. It likely wouldn't go further than yer boss and for a minor embarrassment at most, seems pointless to lie. Truth, and get to f**k.
4. Seems the less difficult one tbh. Save the son.

Archived