Auld Heid

Today's AGM

39 posts in this topic

Any big news from today's SJFA AGM?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

felix mckenna is president 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've all joined the Pyramid. Then again, maybe not.....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't there, or do I know anyone who was, however I suspect there was a lot of nodding heads and nothing of any significance raised.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that Matt Bamford of Clydebank was elected as Vice President.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sjfa committee has no interest in changing anything that might upset the cosy wee set up that they have its like turkeys voting for Christmas

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If clubs want to be SFA Licenced and part of the pyramid then they will have to do it by themselves.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, glensmad said:

I understand that Matt Bamford of Clydebank was elected as Vice President.

How many different positions does Matt hold now and can he committ 100% to then all

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, drs said:

As I said on the Kelty thread, its a clear dereliction of duty.

He can say what he wants but what will his message be next year when Bo'ness go and the year after when Linlithgow make the move and the year after when Bonnyrigg leave the Juniors (for example)? What if the likes of Auchinleck or another West big gun decide to make the move next year, is he going to continue to stick his head in the sand?

There needs to be a plan in place for linking into the pyramid or he'll be running just the West Region and a rump of smaller clubs in the East. This isn't an issue that is going to go away, the drain of clubs has started and its not going to stop anytime soon.

If the likes of Bo'ness who have been vocal about moving sat on their hands and didn't challenge the view of the top table then shame on them as well.

Are bo'ness going to go next year? I don't think they will.  Linlithgow seems to be divided on the issue.  Is it going to be a great place for most of hte juniors to go.  As pointed out on the where does juniors go next forum.  Playing for toilet blocks. They said £12 entry but Lowland league highest price is £8 at shire.

 

Vast majority of Junior clubs be happy to stay in Juniors because seniors an over saturated market. I don't know what the official line on it is at Camelon. But would it benefit Camelon spending all that money I don't think it will with Falkirk, stenny, shire and even Stirling albion in close proximity.

 

A point I also made about Kelty is what will happen if they don't secure promotion at the first attempt.  They may skoosh the league but they may have to overcome a play off wioth south of scotland or they may not win it at all.  I think a lot of players would leave after if not 1 failed attempt but a 2nd attempt.  No-ones looked at it from that point of view.  I think if they don't go up at the first attempt then a lot of the juniors I think would cool off.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, drs said:

If the likes of Bo'ness who have been vocal about moving sat on their hands and didn't challenge the view of the top table then shame on them as well.

Can't disagree with that. Kelty said nothing last year.

If clubs are prepared to sit on their hands and say nothing, then they are just as culpable as TJ & Co.

We still have the re-instatement rule ffs.............

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was utilising floodlights for teams that have them brought up.with the new season starting later this year.it would surely help with some of the usual back log of games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lithgierose said:

was utilising floodlights for teams that have them brought up.with the new season starting later this year.it would surely help with some of the usual back log of games.

Would that not be more relevant at the East region  AGM given that they are in charge of all competitions except Scottish cup?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Are bo'ness going to go next year? I don't think they will.  Linlithgow seems to be divided on the issue.  Is it going to be a great place for most of hte juniors to go.  As pointed out on the where does juniors go next forum.  Playing for toilet blocks. They said £12 entry but Lowland league highest price is £8 at shire.

 

Vast majority of Junior clubs be happy to stay in Juniors because seniors an over saturated market. I don't know what the official line on it is at Camelon. But would it benefit Camelon spending all that money I don't think it will with Falkirk, stenny, shire and even Stirling albion in close proximity.

 

A point I also made about Kelty is what will happen if they don't secure promotion at the first attempt.  They may skoosh the league but they may have to overcome a play off wioth south of scotland or they may not win it at all.  I think a lot of players would leave after if not 1 failed attempt but a 2nd attempt.  No-ones looked at it from that point of view.  I think if they don't go up at the first attempt then a lot of the juniors I think would cool off.

 

 

Not sure there will be much opposition from SoS - none of them seem to fancy promotion.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any big news from today's SJFA AGM?


So wat happened at AGM or is it a secret
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Not sure there will be much opposition from SoS - none of them seem to fancy promotion.

How many ambitious clubs are there in the 4 so called feeder leagues?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, boheesian said:

How many ambitious clubs are there in the 4 so called feeder leagues?

The majority aren't there because they're ambitious in the same way clubs in the juniors or anywhere else are ambitious. They know what they are and they're playing in their league because ... well ... just because. 

We need to get away from the view that teams in the EoS, SoS or Lowland leagues are more or less ambitious than clubs in other leagues. They are there because there are artificial divides which were built a long time ago. 

It's a reflection of the governance of the game in Scotland that people all across it seem happy that these divides exist.

When we played Threave and Selkirk last season they were both teams whose ambitions lay in being an integral part of their communities rather than wanting to play Barcelona. Beyond that they were the same as us - although obviously we had better players. 

If we merged the whole lot tomorrow absolutely nobody would notice the difference because the pitch markings are the same, the goals are the same size, the balls are the same shape. 

Maybe it's easier all round just to travel separate paths. Maybe merging will throw up too many wee conundrums. But unless there is a will to tackle these then it will be another hundred years and folk will be scoffing at or praising "the juniors" depending on their perspective. 

 

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, classof2010 said:


So wat happened at AGM or is it a secret

Not a lot from what I hear, a shuffling of chairs amongst the blazers, a quick slagging of the pyramid, warning about paying tax on players wages, then it was onto the important business of hospitality.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The majority aren't there because they're ambitious in the same way clubs in the juniors or anywhere else are ambitious. They know what they are and they're playing in their league because ... well ... just because. 
We need to get away from the view that teams in the EoS, SoS or Lowland leagues are more or less ambitious than clubs in other leagues. They are there because there are artificial divides which were built a long time ago. 
It's a reflection of the governance of the game in Scotland that people all across it seem happy that these divides exist.
When we played Threave and Selkirk last season they were both teams whose ambitions lay in being an integral part of their communities rather than wanting to play Barcelona. Beyond that they were the same as us - although obviously we had better players. 
If we merged the whole lot tomorrow absolutely nobody would notice the difference because the pitch markings are the same, the goals are the same size, the balls are the same shape. 
Maybe it's easier all round just to travel separate paths. Maybe merging will throw up too many wee conundrums. But unless there is a will to tackle these then it will be another hundred years and folk will be scoffing at or praising "the juniors" depending on their perspective. 
 


In amongst all this really sums it up - league's full of teams irrelevant to that particular league.

LL is a good example teams with genuine ambitions and teams built on egos.

Kelty have ambition but had to head to the wilderness of EoS to try and achieve this a league which attracts crowds in the 10's not 100's.






0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there had been a true pyramid system involving the Juniors and Highland League around decades ago some of the clubs would have went upwards. Although you could forget most Junior clubs. One of the first rules is a pitch of a certain size.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.