Today's AGM

Auld Heid

6 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm just playing devils advocate that their still is that possibility.  You are right probably a lot of the south of scotland clubs don't want promotion. The game needs a restructure teams going into eos or sos league isnt the answer. Should be Lowland league then Lowland league West and EAst that way teams from sos that want to go up could go into one of those leagues but teams in it would need to be licensed or able to achieve licence within 2 years say. Which is what I think would put a lot of junior clubs off.

As it is, I think only Threave, St Cuthbert W and Wigtown meet the criteria before a ball is kicked and there's no guarantee any of them will win it.

And TR have not enjoyed their 2 separate spells playing above the South.

An unfortunate situation all in all.

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

As it is, I think only Threave, St Cuthbert W and Wigtown meet the criteria before a ball is kicked and there's no guarantee any of them will win it.

And TR have not enjoyed their 2 separate spells playing about the South.

An unfortunate situation all in all.

Thats moving away from the original point what will happen to Kelty if they didn't make it up at the first or even 2nd attempt.  Would the players or sponsors stick it when they are playing in front of two men because the other and the dog know its shite.

28 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Thats moving away from the original point what will happen to Kelty if they didn't make it up at the first or even 2nd attempt.  Would the players or sponsors stick it when they are playing in front of two men because the other and the dog know its shite.

well who knows bar those individuals themselves? I would suggest that if they don't go up in year 1 they will in year 2 as the league does not have much strength in depth and if they find for example LTHV a bit of a block, then they can invest a bit more in 2nd season to dislodge them.

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Deary me !!! We will just lock the gates and close the club down if we don't go up in the 1st season.

What we will do is try again next season and the season after that, we aren't stupid enough to work towards a 1 year plan. The EOS League and clubs will get the fullest of respect from Kelty Hearts.

Players will look at the bigger picture, the facilities, the vision anyone who doesn't will be replaced, I think our signings so far prove there isn't a problem in playing for Thomas Courts & Kelty Hearts - Ian Nimmo, Errol Douglas and Kenny Adamson with probably 2 more top players to come in. Sponsors will stick it as they are part of the club, the vision and the masterplan.

I appreciate your concern if we don't go up and Iv no doubt you will be among the people who want to see us fail but we haven't made too many bad decisions in the last 3 years.

Deary me !!! We will just lock the gates and close the club down if we don't go up in the 1st season.
What we will do is try again next season and the season after that, we aren't stupid enough to work towards a 1 year plan. The EOS League and clubs will get the fullest of respect from Kelty Hearts.
Players will look at the bigger picture, the facilities, the vision anyone who doesn't will be replaced, I think our signings so far prove there isn't a problem in playing for Thomas Courts & Kelty Hearts - Ian Nimmo, Errol Douglas and Kenny Adamson with probably 2 more top players to come in. Sponsors will stick it as they are part of the club, the vision and the masterplan.
I appreciate your concern if we don't go up and Iv no doubt you will be among the people who want to see us fail but we haven't made too many bad decisions in the last 3 years.

Not to mention the gulf in playing budgets compared to the rest of the EoS.

Failure would be akin to Rangers not having got out the 2nd Division.

2 hours ago, kefc said:

I don't think These guys will stick around if it means a 2nd and definately not a third in EOS league.  Then struggle to attract talent

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I don't think These guys will stick around if it means a 2nd and definately not a third in EOS league.  Then struggle to attract talent

If those players aren't good enough to get out of the EOS in a few years, then surely it will be Kelty who will decide who leaves and who stays  

On 2017-6-19 at 19:26, kefc said:

You've taken a massive step and I wish you every success.Your set up is a sound foundation for the club to prosper and hopefully confound the sceptics on here. If you get promotion in the first season then this may give other clubs the impetus to move away from the stagnation that is in the SJFA. 

Maybe we need the SFA to remove the joint membership that junior Clubs enjoy plus the entry into the "Big Scottish" for the 3 Super League and Junior Cup winners. To me that is dangling a carrot that these clubs nibble at but don't want to swallow. Yes, my own club have benefited but they are showing a definite interest in leaving the Juniors.

48 minutes ago, boheesian said:

You've taken a massive step and I wish you every success.Your set up is a sound foundation for the club to prosper and hopefully confound the sceptics on here. If you get promotion in the first season then this may give other clubs the impetus to move away from the stagnation that is in the SJFA. 

Maybe we need the SFA to remove the joint membership that junior Clubs enjoy plus the entry into the "Big Scottish" for the 3 Super League and Junior Cup winners. To me that is dangling a carrot that these clubs nibble at but don't want to swallow. Yes, my own club have benefited but they are showing a definite interest in leaving the Juniors.

That's not an unreasonable argument but you'd need to stretch that out and include all those who are licenced but not interested in going up to the lowland league  (like Threave). And those clubs who won't open up their league to allow a pyramid to actually function (all HFL teams). How do we suppose a North Juniors team might get a licence when they can't do what Kelty have had to do? In fact, Kelty have been discriminated against as a result of their geography.  

Before starting to sanction teams who have either put effort in or achieved success (presumably the likes of Lothian Thistle who won't/can't get a licence would also be excluded), maybe someone should tackle the blockers who are already in the flawed pyramid. 

2 hours ago, HTG said:

That's not an unreasonable argument but you'd need to stretch that out and include all those who are licenced but not interested in going up to the lowland league  (like Threave). And those clubs who won't open up their league to allow a pyramid to actually function (all HFL teams). How do we suppose a North Juniors team might get a licence when they can't do what Kelty have had to do? In fact, Kelty have been discriminated against as a result of their geography.  

Before starting to sanction teams who have either put effort in or achieved success (presumably the likes of Lothian Thistle who won't/can't get a licence would also be excluded), maybe someone should tackle the blockers who are already in the flawed pyramid. 

Does the HFL actively discourage new members? If so, why does the SFA  not do something about it. Is their a fear that a good number of Clubs would want to join thereby creating too large a league that they would have to create a 2nd tier. ie the beginning of a pyramid.

All for that.

6 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Does the HFL actively discourage new members? If so, why does the SFA  not do something about it. Is their a fear that a good number of Clubs would want to join thereby creating too large a league that they would have to create a 2nd tier. ie the beginning of a pyramid.

All for that.

The current SFA President is also President of Cove Rangers. Make of that what you will.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The current SFA President is also President of Cove Rangers. Make of that what you will.

Now that is rich. He been at the SFA for 24 years so maybe he should be pushing for more integration in HFL.

13 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Now that is rich. He been at the SFA for 24 years so maybe he should be pushing for more integration in HFL.

They don't seem to want it. Perhaps a more conservative league in outlook than the Juniors combined!

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

The existing clubs don't want smaller divisions which they'd have to do if 2 or 3 teams wanted to join.  Personally I think there is a desire to protect some of the teams at the bottom end who are frankly woeful. 

So whilst making life very difficult in the south, at least there is an option. In the north there has been the square root of f**k all change with the exception of offering up a slot to the spfl which most of them don't want. 

The pyramid is utterly flawed and the reason there is no real desire to increase strength in depth in the south is that there is no equivalent in the north. Keeping the juniors out makes tier 5 look balanced. But in the north there is no tier 6 even though there are already 2 tier 6 leaguesin the south with another 100 teams who wouldn't be out of place at tiers 5 and 6 based on current standards.

1 hour ago, valleyboy said:

Do you not get the pyramid concept? 

Yeah I kinda get it, but I doubt either of these two would meet in the SPFL, although it's always possible of course.  Peterhead v Annan, now there's a.......reality.

Archived