Today's AGM

Auld Heid

14 hours ago, glensmad said:

I understand that Matt Bamford of Clydebank was elected as Vice President.

How many different positions does Matt hold now and can he committ 100% to then all

4 hours ago, drs said:

As I said on the Kelty thread, its a clear dereliction of duty.

He can say what he wants but what will his message be next year when Bo'ness go and the year after when Linlithgow make the move and the year after when Bonnyrigg leave the Juniors (for example)? What if the likes of Auchinleck or another West big gun decide to make the move next year, is he going to continue to stick his head in the sand?

There needs to be a plan in place for linking into the pyramid or he'll be running just the West Region and a rump of smaller clubs in the East. This isn't an issue that is going to go away, the drain of clubs has started and its not going to stop anytime soon.

If the likes of Bo'ness who have been vocal about moving sat on their hands and didn't challenge the view of the top table then shame on them as well.

Are bo'ness going to go next year? I don't think they will.  Linlithgow seems to be divided on the issue.  Is it going to be a great place for most of hte juniors to go.  As pointed out on the where does juniors go next forum.  Playing for toilet blocks. They said £12 entry but Lowland league highest price is £8 at shire.

Vast majority of Junior clubs be happy to stay in Juniors because seniors an over saturated market. I don't know what the official line on it is at Camelon. But would it benefit Camelon spending all that money I don't think it will with Falkirk, stenny, shire and even Stirling albion in close proximity.

A point I also made about Kelty is what will happen if they don't secure promotion at the first attempt.  They may skoosh the league but they may have to overcome a play off wioth south of scotland or they may not win it at all.  I think a lot of players would leave after if not 1 failed attempt but a 2nd attempt.  No-ones looked at it from that point of view.  I think if they don't go up at the first attempt then a lot of the juniors I think would cool off.

10 hours ago, drs said:

If the likes of Bo'ness who have been vocal about moving sat on their hands and didn't challenge the view of the top table then shame on them as well.

Can't disagree with that. Kelty said nothing last year.

If clubs are prepared to sit on their hands and say nothing, then they are just as culpable as TJ & Co.

We still have the re-instatement rule ffs.............

13 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Are bo'ness going to go next year? I don't think they will.  Linlithgow seems to be divided on the issue.  Is it going to be a great place for most of hte juniors to go.  As pointed out on the where does juniors go next forum.  Playing for toilet blocks. They said £12 entry but Lowland league highest price is £8 at shire.

Vast majority of Junior clubs be happy to stay in Juniors because seniors an over saturated market. I don't know what the official line on it is at Camelon. But would it benefit Camelon spending all that money I don't think it will with Falkirk, stenny, shire and even Stirling albion in close proximity.

A point I also made about Kelty is what will happen if they don't secure promotion at the first attempt.  They may skoosh the league but they may have to overcome a play off wioth south of scotland or they may not win it at all.  I think a lot of players would leave after if not 1 failed attempt but a 2nd attempt.  No-ones looked at it from that point of view.  I think if they don't go up at the first attempt then a lot of the juniors I think would cool off.

Not sure there will be much opposition from SoS - none of them seem to fancy promotion.

3 minutes ago, boheesian said:

How many ambitious clubs are there in the 4 so called feeder leagues?

The majority aren't there because they're ambitious in the same way clubs in the juniors or anywhere else are ambitious. They know what they are and they're playing in their league because ... well ... just because. 

We need to get away from the view that teams in the EoS, SoS or Lowland leagues are more or less ambitious than clubs in other leagues. They are there because there are artificial divides which were built a long time ago. 

It's a reflection of the governance of the game in Scotland that people all across it seem happy that these divides exist.

When we played Threave and Selkirk last season they were both teams whose ambitions lay in being an integral part of their communities rather than wanting to play Barcelona. Beyond that they were the same as us - although obviously we had better players. 

If we merged the whole lot tomorrow absolutely nobody would notice the difference because the pitch markings are the same, the goals are the same size, the balls are the same shape. 

Maybe it's easier all round just to travel separate paths. Maybe merging will throw up too many wee conundrums. But unless there is a will to tackle these then it will be another hundred years and folk will be scoffing at or praising "the juniors" depending on their perspective. 

54 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

So wat happened at AGM or is it a secret

Not a lot from what I hear, a shuffling of chairs amongst the blazers, a quick slagging of the pyramid, warning about paying tax on players wages, then it was onto the important business of hospitality.

The majority aren't there because they're ambitious in the same way clubs in the juniors or anywhere else are ambitious. They know what they are and they're playing in their league because ... well ... just because. 
We need to get away from the view that teams in the EoS, SoS or Lowland leagues are more or less ambitious than clubs in other leagues. They are there because there are artificial divides which were built a long time ago. 
It's a reflection of the governance of the game in Scotland that people all across it seem happy that these divides exist.
When we played Threave and Selkirk last season they were both teams whose ambitions lay in being an integral part of their communities rather than wanting to play Barcelona. Beyond that they were the same as us - although obviously we had better players. 
If we merged the whole lot tomorrow absolutely nobody would notice the difference because the pitch markings are the same, the goals are the same size, the balls are the same shape. 
Maybe it's easier all round just to travel separate paths. Maybe merging will throw up too many wee conundrums. But unless there is a will to tackle these then it will be another hundred years and folk will be scoffing at or praising "the juniors" depending on their perspective. 

In amongst all this really sums it up - league's full of teams irrelevant to that particular league.

LL is a good example teams with genuine ambitions and teams built on egos.

Kelty have ambition but had to head to the wilderness of EoS to try and achieve this a league which attracts crowds in the 10's not 100's.

If there had been a true pyramid system involving the Juniors and Highland League around decades ago some of the clubs would have went upwards. Although you could forget most Junior clubs. One of the first rules is a pitch of a certain size.

4 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Not sure there will be much opposition from SoS - none of them seem to fancy promotion.

I'm just playing devils advocate that their still is that possibility.  You are right probably a lot of the south of scotland clubs don't want promotion. The game needs a restructure teams going into eos or sos league isnt the answer. Should be Lowland league then Lowland league West and EAst that way teams from sos that want to go up could go into one of those leagues but teams in it would need to be licensed or able to achieve licence within 2 years say. Which is what I think would put a lot of junior clubs off.

Archived