Signing in

microdave

Question

The last few days I've had to sign in when I open on a browser (at work on a pc and on iPad) The remember me box is checked so why is this happening and is there anything I can do it to remedy this?

• Answers 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The forum software hasn't been patched in a while, we're running the most up to date version available and as far as I'm aware there are no known issues like this in the bug list.

I've not exeprienced any issues at all using Firefox and my user side account is no different to anyone elses.

Seems a lot of people are experiencing the problem though and particularly on Chrome so there's definitely an issue somewhere.

What we did do a while ago was push the login process to a secure page and the reason we did that was because Chrome now warns users if they are entering login details on a non-secure page.

It's possible that the cookie needed to store the login session is expiring because it's encrypted or something like that so I've switched off the secure login page to see if that does help resolve it. Can I ask the users who have experienced this to now log out of the forum and then back in and see if they are now kept logged in as before.

Happening to me, too. I generally use the Android app... however, occasionally I check the website and it is making me log back in every time. On Chrome.

Tried deleting cookies and starting again, turning phone off and on. Makes no odds. I think it's the site rather than the phone/browser going by other posts.

On 27/08/2017 at 18:31, jamamafegan said:

Still happening to me.

Take it absolutely nothing is going to be done to resolve this then?

Still haven't got to the bottom of why it is affecting some users. I'm testing the latest version of the software so will apply that in the next couple of weeks.

Sorry it's still affecting you. I will fix it eventually :thumsup2

To the users who are experiencing this issue, are you using Chrome on any of your devices at all?

So if you use Firefox on the desktop but use Chrome on your mobile for example?

I'm convinced Chrome is the common factor, somehow.

I don't use Chrome. It's not even installed on any of my devices, at work or at home.

Ok Div we have a major issue with this sign in issue now affecting the great Dindeleux.  Google Chrome is the main culprit with 2 force log outs in the last hour and 1 occasion on IOS with the app yesterday.

I trust that the big boys are now getting issues you will fix urgently, its not just wee dafties reporting it now.

4 hours ago, Div said:

Just doesn't make any sense to me. I've been logged in to the App on my iPhone and iPad for the last few weeks without any issues. I use Firefox on desktop and am never logged out.

I'll keep digging, eventually I'll get to the bottom of it but nothing has changed our side other than a couple of small tweaks to actually try and fix the issue.

There is something common across the users who are being kicked out but I'm fucked if I know what it is.

They're all up for the No1 spot on the "Thickest poster on P & B" thread  :lol:

I use chrome and have absolutely no issues.

This started happening to me today on mobile, laptop is fine so far touch wood.

I also noticed that it's saying my platinum sub expired today, I though that wasn't right as I'm sure it's normally just before Christmas it renews and last paypal payment came out December 10th. Don't know if that's linked.

12 hours ago, Div said:

The ads I can't do anything about I'm afraid, as if you are logged out you're browsing the board as a guest.

The login issues continue to confuse me. I wonder if someone who is experiencing this would mind clearing down all of their cookies (or deleting the P&B one if they know how) and letting me know if this then has any effect on resolving the problem after logging in again (and thus re-creating the cookie).

Any volunteers?

I'll try it out. I have to go to a meeting but will try it as soon as I get back.

Seems to be ok at the moment. I cleared the cookies as you said and then closed the browser down. Came back and it was still logged in when I brought the site back up. App seems ok at the moment as well. Thanks for your help Div :)

Archived