Teams to watch out for next season?

Crazy Feet

1 hour ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Devine (Jordan) is nowhere near the standard Colville will be looking for and I think he is likely to miss a fair chunk of the season. I can't see that happening.

The boy that plays out wide, possibly Dean Scott, is a decent player, pacy and powerful but lacks consistency and can be a bit huffy.

How is he likely to miss some of the season? Is he injured? Played against them last season and he was probably there best player. Would be a big miss for them. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hawick Waverley will do well again in the Border Amateur and the South. A few very good players. Probably still a couple good players from doing anything in the Scottish but can see them doing well in everything down our way. 

Devine (Jordan) is nowhere near the standard Colville will be looking for and I think he is likely to miss a fair chunk of the season. I can't see that happening.

The boy that plays out wide, possibly Dean Scott, is a decent player, pacy and powerful but lacks consistency and can be a bit huffy.

Spot on there as regards both players and I'd reckon mick was just being nice and didn't want to say both players aren't good enough on a public forum.

The lad Devine is more bothered about how his tape and hair is sitting rather than his performances and he's so greedy, just wouldn't fit into the way CP play at all.

The other lad dean on his day can be a handful, big powerful type and if memory serves me right he's got a good left foot.

Haven't heard anyone mention st pats.had a fantastic end to season.

they will be quietly confident going into the new season. they have a few 

fantastic players an are also adding a few quality players.

definetely worth a watching . especially if mcilroy continues his end of season form.

As always it'll be a fight to see who's best of the rest after CP.

But with no EK. bannockburn lost a top keeper and maybe lose 2 other crucial players. Southside lost a top keeper. Not too many teams standing out like they'll be the front runners as best of the rest.

3 hours ago, Paul M said:

Spot on there as regards both players and I'd reckon mick was just being nice and didn't want to say both players aren't good enough on a public forum.

The lad Devine is more bothered about how his tape and hair is sitting rather than his performances and he's so greedy, just wouldn't fit into the way CP play at all.

The other lad dean on his day can be a handful, big powerful type and if memory serves me right he's got a good left foot.

I recall that same lad going one on one with a the opposing keeper in a select game last season and trying some sort of rebona..... calling this attempt an embarrassment would be understatement of the century. Bags of ability but as far as anything else goes, there's no 'I' in team!

I'm sure I was also at that game if memory serves me correctly it was at dalziel park. I agree fully he has bags of ability and yes he'll score goals for you but he comes with more negatives than positives for me. The major thing being no "i" in team so spot on pal[emoji1303]

On a side note, what happened to Thorn last season? They were on some run for 2/3 of the season looking like winning the league then they went on a mad run were they could barely pick up a point and ended up finishing 3rd/4th

Say your his manager the game is 0-0 he's through one on one v the keeper tries a rebona which ends up miles wide, what do you do? That for me isn't confident that's something else. And a nice lad, cmon nice lads don't do what he's done and I'm sure you know what I'm talking about [emoji1303]

I'm not saying that I would be happy about that. But we all do stupid things, I'm sure my previous managers will tell about me trying to nut meg people or doing cruyff turns in the 6 yard box.

Away from football I don't know anything about him or what he done thats me being honest mate.

Say your his manager the game is 0-0 he's through one on one v the keeper tries a rebona which ends up miles wide, what do you do? That for me isn't confident that's something else. And a nice lad, cmon nice lads don't do what he's done and I'm sure you know what I'm talking about [emoji1303]

That's a hypothetical question though because he wouldn't be playing for CP if the score was 0-0. He'd maybe get 5 minutes at the end of a game if they were 6 up.

As for 'nice lad' and 'what he's done'. Without knowing the circumstances it would be wrong to say you wouldn't do it or by doing it he automatically can't be a nice guy. Remember also it is ALLEGED.

I'm not saying that I would be happy about that. But we all do stupid things, I'm sure my previous managers will tell about me trying to nut meg people or doing cruyff turns in the 6 yard box.
Away from football I don't know anything about him or what he done thats me being honest mate.

You never had the legs to get that far up the park ha ha lol. A take your points on board though mate[emoji1303]

That's a hypothetical question though because he wouldn't be playing for CP if the score was 0-0. He'd maybe get 5 minutes at the end of a game if they were 6 up.

As for 'nice lad' and 'what he's done'. Without knowing the circumstances it would be wrong to say you wouldn't do it or by doing it he automatically can't be a nice guy. Remember also it is ALLEGED.

Yes it's alleged and yes I know enough about to comment. But as this is a football forum I won't go into ins and outs cause it's not the place. I was simply given a reason as to why I don't agree with the nice lad part but anyway as I said it's a football forum so back to talking about the good old football.

Archived