Teams to watch out for next season?

Crazy Feet

They could very well be with just missing out last season. EKYM will be there or thereabouts again if they manage to hold all of their players but I know Clydebank Juniors were sniffing around one or two of them at the tail end of last season.
Cambria and Bearsden won't be easy to beat either. Don't know much about Callander but likely no mugs with them winning their league.
Heard Milngavie are looking like being a lot stronger as well with new management in place so all in all it looks like a good league that.

Who were Clydebank looking at? On their day EKYM are excellent but they struggle with consistency. I think they will win their league this year.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who were Clydebank looking at? On their day EKYM are excellent but they struggle with consistency. I think they will win their league this year.

Hit the nail on the head there, cracking side but struggle with consistency at times and it cost them that season there. Clydebank and rutherglen glencairn were sniffing about some of EKYM's players. 4/5 of them.

56 minutes ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Tocher I think. Wee guy up front who's like Usain Bolt

58 minutes ago, NewBallsPlease said:

That's the never ending debate I suppose and it's never been proven but if the RUMOURS about what they pay are true it's ridiculous they're not getting out the league. The fact that they're a gang doesn't help I suppose but they have some excellent players.

I do think they have the 'easier' of the sections in Caley division 1 this year so they should be up there.

I think they will piss their league this season looking at it in all honesty but it would be great if they lost out on the final minute in the final game of the season lol

Wishaw High FP's may surprise a few this season.

New management team and a total overhaul of players is exactly what they are needing. Even heard they have started back already!

No sure if anyone remembers Overtown Thistle (now folded), but would expect a few faces from there to make an appearance at Wishaw.

Not saying they are going to go on and win Scottish cups or anything crazy like that, but I do think with a club of that size, they really should be aiming for the Prem.

Heard a rumour colville were looking at 2 boys from thorn, boy divine and big boy plays out wide any truth in that 

Could be true but I'd highly doubt it. Neither would make colvile 16 on a Saturday never mind the starting 11.

Both guys in question are good players. But let's be honest mick they'd struggle big time to get into your 11. My final count(roughly) was that I took in 425 amateur games that season around 10 of those games involved thorn and around 20+ games involving colvile so that's what I'm basing it on.

Hammer6 you are correct, we have started back already. Reason being new management team have had a lot of interest in what there all about. We will retain some of the squad from last season and there are lots of new faces as well. Management team after agreeing to come in want to have a good look at as many as possible because as you know numbers and faces go up and down in June and July due to holidays, weddings and the likes and with the club treating it as a fresh start for everyone we want to give ourselves as good a pre season as possible to get the lads fit for what will be a competitive start to the season with local derbies v Colviile Park, Cambusnethan Talbot and Craigneuk ensuring pre season training is not going to be a stroll. We've been going for 2 weeks now and I have to say that the turn outs and effort so far have been 1st class and hopefully we can push the club back to where we feel we should be but it'll take hard work and committment from all concerned. Looking forward to the season ahead;

Heard a rumour colville were looking at 2 boys from thorn, boy divine and big boy plays out wide any truth in that 

Devine (Jordan) is nowhere near the standard Colville will be looking for and I think he is likely to miss a fair chunk of the season. I can't see that happening.

The boy that plays out wide, possibly Dean Scott, is a decent player, pacy and powerful but lacks consistency and can be a bit huffy.

Archived