Teams to watch out for next season?

Crazy Feet

So what's the rumours at the moment going into the new season? Normally this time of year you hear all the rumours about certain clubs and revolutions taking place etc. Anyone heard anything about teams looking good for next season outwith the normal big names? 

Any new teams to look out for in Central and Caley? Think Wishaw Wycombe Wanderers will surprise a few people. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree Wishaw WW will do very well in Caley. Great addition along with Eddlewood who are building again I believe.Seen Wishaw times last year. Impressive each time.

Between Dalziel and Giffnock for the Prem in Caley again IMO.

Central Prem be strong again next year if bannokburn and harestanes are improving and no doubt Colville will be as strong as ever after they Strolled to win the Scottish this year. 

Big season for Southside stepping up into Prem, to a far more competitive league. If they can build on last season they could shock few of the more established central teams. But think I read they are losing their GK, Hollis to a junior team? which is a massive blow as was their best player anytime seen them last year. Best goalie in ams I've seen in years and tough to find a replacement of that standard.

hurlford in Ayrshire again for me. Rock solid for years and know how to win when needed and think they are adding a few top players. can't see anyone touching them and fancy them to get back among the major cup honours.

Haha thats our new name going forward. 

In a very short space of time the club has recieved fantastic support from the Electric Bar. Craig his family and staff have been so welcoming since we have started going bar. It's a fantastic venue, the food exceptional, I'm sure the teams that been back for hospitality will tell you how good the pub and food is.

If you ever out Motherwell and looking a drink or a bite to eat I couldn't recommend it highly enough, great family pub

Nice wee advert here Michael. [emoji23]. Good to see teams getting support from their sponsor.

Anyway, on topic. Colville will be strong again in the Central which has been weakened by EK going. I've heard Bannockburn are losing a couple of their better players so I expect them to dip. Hope the Harestanes rumour is true for competition sake. Southside will also add the the Premier.

I don't think Dalziel will be close in the Caley, Giffnock have a couple to replace as well but will be up there. Dumbarton are improving and Thorn will need to add depth. Doune won't have as poor a season again.

I think the new Lanarkshire teams will struggle initially in the Caley.

1 hour ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Nice wee advert here Michael. emoji23.png. Good to see teams getting support from their sponsor.

Anyway, on topic. Colville will be strong again in the Central which has been weakened by EK going. I've heard Bannockburn are losing a couple of their better players so I expect them to dip. Hope the Harestanes rumour is true for competition sake. Southside will also add the the Premier.

I don't think Dalziel will be close in the Caley, Giffnock have a couple to replace as well but will be up there. Dumbarton are improving and Thorn will need to add depth. Doune won't have as poor a season again.

Is the big striker for Doune back to fitness yet? He's the difference for them.

Nice wee advert here Michael. [emoji23]. Good to see teams getting support from their sponsor.

Colvile as always will be the team to beat. No EK and a weak bannockburn won't help but harestanes have a few of the Scottish cup winners coming back so that maybe add a wee bit to the league.

Didn't dalziel win it comfortable and if it's true they've only lost 2/3 then surely they'll be up there with giffnock dumbarton etc

Without doubt the Lanarkshire teams will struggle and a don't think just initially it could be a long hard season for most of them.

1 hour ago, Paul M said:

Colvile as always will be the team to beat. No EK and a weak bannockburn won't help but harestanes have a few of the Scottish cup winners coming back so that maybe add a wee bit to the league.

Didn't dalziel win it comfortable and if it's true they've only lost 2/3 then surely they'll be up there with giffnock dumbarton etc

Without doubt the Lanarkshire teams will struggle and a don't think just initially it could be a long hard season for most of them.

Caledonian Div 1B looks like a really competitive league for next season. Probably 5 or 6 teams in there who believe they could win it.

Caledonian Div 1B looks like a really competitive league for next season. Probably 5 or 6 teams in there who believe they could win it.

I think stenny community could be the team. But cambria and EKYM will have a good say possibly even Callander as well.

Yes they won it comfortably, they had a brilliant start and getting the points in the bag early was a huge bonus for them. Who have they lost and to where?

The Doune striker (Alan Ingles) is just about over the injury but has some timber to shift.

As above, I hope it's true that Harestanes have strengthened. Be interesting to see who replaces Hollis at Southside with Monk's change of heart also.

Yes they won it comfortably, they had a brilliant start and getting the points in the bag early was a huge bonus for them. Who have they lost and to where?

The Doune striker (Alan Ingles) is just about over the injury but has some timber to shift.

As above, I hope it's true that Harestanes have strengthened. Be interesting to see who replaces Hollis at Southside with Monk's change of heart also.

Always helps when you do that eases some pressure getting points early. I seen shotts Bon accord confirmed they had signed a centre half from them some boy crone. Goalkeeper and a centre mid also away I'm told possibly junior as well.

As regards ingles he's a complete handful on his day and he's a massive part of what doune do hence why they struggled as much this season.

They've got the lad back from Cumbernauld colts a think his name is maybe broadfoot and that's persuaded a few others to come back.

Strange one monk giving southside his word then going back on it. Good keepers are hard to come by never mind trying to find one to replace the Calibre of Hollis.

Crone was probably their most important part player, possibly the striker as well is worth a mention. I'm sure Southside will get someone in but in my opinion Monk was as close as they'd get to replacing Hollis. I believe Colville have strengthened their goalkeeper as well?

Archived