Good Scottish bands

Miguel Sanchez

Biffy are overrated art-student dross.

You evidently show zero knowledge of art students and Biffy. Biffy appeal to those who dig pop rock tunes and haven't done anything particularly left field in a decade. Art students are more likely to be listening to some gender fluid synth pop solo artist from Berlin.

1 hour ago, mrcat1990 said:

You evidently show zero knowledge of art students and Biffy. Biffy appeal to those who dig pop rock tunes and haven't done anything particularly left field in a decade. Art students are more likely to be listening to some gender fluid synth pop solo artist from Berlin.

The implication was that Biffy are art-student type dorks. Not listened to by.

Anderson Mcginty Webster Ward and Fisher are a really good band imo, as are Sinderins which is the same band minus one of them although I can't remember which one. Also Nick Mercer Jr has a few cracking songs to chill out to on YouTube and Soundcloud, once again, in my opinion.

Amazing Snakeheads were brilliant, then imploded after one album. Lead singer made the fatal error of bringing his bird into the band. Don't do that kids.

I still listen to the album weekly. It's a fantastic debut.

You could tell The Amazing Snakeheads weren't going to last from the second you saw/heard them.

Everything about them was amazing, from the shite silk shirts down to just absolute Glasgow mentalness. It was like some weird Alex Harvey-ned-Stooges mash up that I reckon it'll be a long time before we see again.

Absolute classic car crash material. Had Ballads on full pelt the whole way home yesterday for the first time in ages, at one point I was listening to it daily.

Their T set from a couple of years back is probably my favourite one I've seen there and when I saw them at The Caves in Edinburgh about 6 months later when the bassist rejoined them (I don't remember is the drummer ever came back) it was one of the best overall gigs I've been to.

Dale Barclay's new band are alright as well, if a bit weird, but they'll almost certainly never be as good as the Snakeheads.

Went to see Mr Barclays aforementioned girlfriend play a few months back with Barclay on guitar. Did a song with him singing also. Very decent stuff. Unsure about his new band thus far but guess just cause I was wanting more Snakeheads.

On 6/17/2017 at 23:14, 8MileBU said:

They couldn't lace The Skids' boots.

I'm lucky enough to have a ticket to see them in their triumphant return to the Glen Pavilion a week on Friday.

I was just too young to be able to go and see them in their prime, but I'm more than a little excited about seeing them next week.