Scottish Championship Odds 2017/18

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

But they'd come down if he goes to you.

Morton at 16/1 are well priced. Or they would be if the season ended in February. As it is, 16/1 is about right given the GABCE (Great Annual Bottle Crashing Event) that takes place pretty much every spring.

Not so much bottle crashing, more like settling for the playoffs and getting the cigars out 3 months early. 

Fucking Morton.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11/2 is a great price for Falkirk imo.

I agree. Not saying by anyway at all we should be favourites but to have to finished second both of last season's behind bigger teams that are now gone with largely the same squad and manager must mean we have the experience and a chance. I've only once bet on falkirk to win the league before and they did. At these odds it's very tempting

13 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I agree. Not saying by anyway at all we should be favourites but to have to finished second both of last season's behind bigger teams that are now gone with largely the same squad and manager must mean we have the experience and a chance. I've only once bet on falkirk to win the league before and they did. At these odds it's very tempting

I would honestly put money on you now, before you sign Loy, at that price. Thing is I never go for season-long bets as I'm too impatient :lol:

I would honestly put money on you now, before you sign Loy, at that price. Thing is I never go for season-long bets as I'm too impatient :lol:

Ironically enough it's your lot, and your pursuit of Loy alongside us, that's making me hold back betting yet.

You trying to get me to throw away my cash? [emoji3]

True, but I still think say, 5/1 with Loy is better than ending up with 11/2 without.

Morton might be a good each way bet at 16/1, can't see them winning it though.

11/2 Falkirk no longer available, best is now 5/1. Do they know Loy is in his way? [emoji16]

Also further bookies now quoting odds.

Slightly surprised that we've finished second last two seasons and now that rangers and hibs have gone we are 3rd equal favourites this season. Bookies obviously think st mirren and United to an extent have improved a lot and certainly improved more and overtaken falkirk close season

Slightly surprised that we've finished second last two seasons and now that rangers and hibs have gone we are 3rd equal favourites this season. Bookies obviously think st mirren and United to an extent have improved a lot and certainly improved more and overtaken falkirk close season

My guess is it's just that they have been more active in the transfer market whilst we appear to have released quite a few with only a couple coming in.

Still think that we have at least as good a chance as Dundee U and St Mirren. Be interesting to see what ICT can bring to the party.

43 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

My guess is it's just that they have been more active in the transfer market whilst we appear to have released quite a few with only a couple coming in.

Still think that we have at least as good a chance as Dundee U and St Mirren. Be interesting to see what ICT can bring to the party.

I reckon it's going to be absolutely cut throat all season between at least four or five teams.

15 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

It's more likely that they're protecting themselves against a flurry of high-priced bets from over-optimistic Saints fans. We became media darlings a wee bit at the end of the season there, and there's a tiny amount of hype around Jack Ross. There might also have been a bit of early money put on Saints, again, by overoptimistic fans, and it probably only takes £50 here or there to change the odds in such a small market.

Some people seem almost offended about their odds with the bookies. If you think you know better and a team (ie yours) is overpriced then fill your boots. It's surely better for you as the punter.

looks about right to me..

-----------------------
THIS IS WHAT I'M LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW:
-Rapper DaBaby, dude who wears a diaper but can actually rap: www.audiomack.com/album/artist1984/billion-dollar-baby
-R.I.P. prodigy of Mobb Deep, Infamous album on repeat
-4:44 Jay-Z

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The bookies have clocked Ross' knitwear, looked down at their own inferior rags and shat it. It's the Prandelli school of football management - intimidation by tailoring.

When I was a sprinter, there was a running (!) joke about having the smartest spikes on the start line being worth at least a tenth of a second over your rivals. I once turned up to a race in a brand new, top-of-the-range, £125 pair of bright blue Adidas spikes. Nobody else had them; I was full of swagger. 

Took my position in the lane at the start and realised Iwan Fucking Thomas was in the lane inside me. I got destroyed.

The point? Ross has nice jumpers but I don't think they're going to count for much until the gaps in our squad are addressed. 

Archived