European U21 Championship

Listened to this on 5live on the way home. Hilarious post match reaction from the pundits. So many irrelevant excuses for the defeat my favourite being: 'no winter break', no one person mention the real reason: Abraham and Redmond bottled it and hit crap pens. Just seen them. Redmond in particular is experienced enough to cope with that pressure, he pretty much won an entire play-off final for Norwich a few years back. 

1 hour ago, TartanTyneArmy said:

Listened to this on 5live on the way home. Hilarious post match reaction from the pundits. So many irrelevant excuses for the defeat my favourite being: 'no winter break', no one person mention the real reason: Abraham and Redmond bottled it and hit crap pens. Just seen them. Redmond in particular is experienced enough to cope with that pressure, he pretty much won an entire play-off final for Norwich a few years back. 

Yet one ball a couple of feet to the left and one hand a few inches further over and having no winter break wouldn't have been an issue!

Listening to Stuart fucking Pearce and Trevor b*****ding Sinclair spit out complete shite about why England lost was glorious. Also , they are convincing absolutely no one that Jordan pickford is the best keeper at the tournament. Pollersbeck , kepa and donnarumma all look better from what I've witnessed.

Fairly sure the Spanish team played more games, in less time, than the English squad last season.

Germans are geniuses. Purposely lose to Italy so they get England in the Semis, and then drag them to penalties so they get some practice for the Final.

Even at 2-1 down Germany absolutely bossed that game. Very impressive, looked miles in front of England. Stuart Pearce was on talksport this morning moaning about England's lack of technical ability etc etc 

Listening to people like him make me very glad they get pumped out.

23 hours ago, TartanTyneArmy said:

21 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Yet one ball a couple of feet to the left and one hand a few inches further over and having no winter break wouldn't have been an issue!

That was exactly my point it was such a ridiculous over analysis. I've never heard the English media react to a disappointing result by saying 'Know what? They deserved that, best team won'.

Deserved win for Germany, had some good chances to make it comfortable.

It's scary how strong, quick and technically proficient the two teams were up close. 

Deulofeu as captain though :lol: He was horrendous. Total contrast to Max Arnold who led his tean through the game.

Great wee stadium in Krakow. Right on top of the pitch. 

Guest DAVIDB69

Really surprised they were talking about Germany winning as a really big shock it wasn't at all. Uk media tend to go over the top with anything spain does

Deserved win for Germany, had some good chances to make it comfortable.
It's scary how strong, quick and technically proficient the two teams were up close. 
Deulofeu as captain though [emoji38] He was horrendous. Total contrast to Max Arnold who led his tean through the game.

I've never understood the hype that follows Deulofeu. Baffled as to why Barca have signed him

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 22:35, David W said:

was there a couple of years ago for cracovia-piast Gliwice. nice wee ground and fantastically close to the centre of krakow

Archived