Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Better than Christmas Shopping JC.

100% mate. I learned more from today about things I tried than I would have just training very worthwhile. Thanks to you guys too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little bit of revenge for the pasting Fauldhouse gave us in a pre-season game a year or so back. However no point in getting too excited about a friendly but good to see Marc Duffy getting a few goals, even if I didn't actually see it, if you know what I mean. Hopefully kept a few for next week assuming this cold weather lifts before next weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forecast for the Perth area later in the week:

Thursday 0

Friday -2

Saturday -3

Cant see the game being on this week again. Expecially as the pitch looked like this last week.

 

IMG_20171202_090801.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Euzi said:

Forecast for the Perth area later in the week:

Thursday 0

Friday -2

Saturday -3

Cant see the game being on this week again. Expecially as the pitch looked like this last week.

 

IMG_20171202_090801.jpg

The area on the other side of the fence looks much more like a pitch to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't we offer a swop, there are precedents for this, an Aberdeen side did so way back in the 60's. Offer them an enhanced guarantee on the gate share. They would probably jump at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, garrellburn said:

Why don't we offer a swop, there are precedents for this, an Aberdeen side did so way back in the 60's. Offer them an enhanced guarantee on the gate share. They would probably jump at it.

That would be fine in the real world ,if you had workers to ensure that your own pitch was in a condition that was playable, Given the weather that we have had recently coupled with home games we have played . Duncansfield is like any other junior park at this time and requires a lot of work to be carried out to ensure that games can be played. If its your suggestion to swop the game ,I don't envisage a mad rush of people offering assistance for this to happen. You must be realistic. work required to be done on the playing surface takes time and more importantly can't be done without workers.  I think that this may answer  your question on ground swooping 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I correct in thinking that this is the final opportunity Scone Thistle have in getting this tie played at home??

After this weekend (their 3rd) attempt, it would be then moved to Kilsyth??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Am I correct in thinking that this is the final opportunity Scone Thistle have in getting this tie played at home??

After this weekend (their 3rd) attempt, it would be then moved to Kilsyth??
 

There is no such rule I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There is no such rule I'm afraid.


Well fingers crossed we get the tie played asap. Our boys won't have played a competitive game in weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, glensmad said:

The area on the other side of the fence looks much more like a pitch to me.

Just going by the picture they posted on their twitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, takmadoon said:

That would be fine in the real world ,if you had workers to ensure that your own pitch was in a condition that was playable, Given the weather that we have had recently coupled with home games we have played . Duncansfield is like any other junior park at this time and requires a lot of work to be carried out to ensure that games can be played. If its your suggestion to swop the game ,I don't envisage a mad rush of people offering assistance for this to happen. You must be realistic. work required to be done on the playing surface takes time and more importantly can't be done without workers.  I think that this may answer  your question on ground swooping 

I imagine Scone are holding off hoping that the weather will relent but would suggest that there is a much better chance of our pitch being playable this weekend than theirs. If the weather precludes either being playable then so be it, but why not offer the option?

We don't ever have what you might call a "mad rush" of volunteers in any case but we do often manage to get games played when others in the area are off.

Dunipace was perfectly playable last saturday and I'm quite sure Duncansfield would have been as well. The priority should be to get the game played and deal with the after effects as soon as possible after the game. I know who the people are who do the work and certainly more assistance is always welcome but it` is a park for playing football, not bowls or lawn tennis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, garrellburn said:

I imagine Scone are holding off hoping that the weather will relent but would suggest that there is a much better chance of our pitch being playable this weekend than theirs. If the weather precludes either being playable then so be it, but why not offer the option?

We don't ever have what you might call a "mad rush" of volunteers in any case but we do often manage to get games played when others in the area are off.

Dunipace was perfectly playable last saturday and I'm quite sure Duncansfield would have been as well. The priority should be to get the game played and deal with the after effects as soon as possible after the game. I know who the people are who do the work and certainly more assistance is always welcome but it` is a park for playing football, not bowls or lawn tennis.

Getting the park in decent playing condition is not just about STAMPING DOWN loose turf and thinking that that will do. Holes and ruts need to filled and made good to an extent where there is no danger to players,thereafter the park has to be rolled, and with the weather we have been having lately it is proving pretty difficult to get a machine on the park without causing further damage. Your comment about it being a park for playing football is correct, but without constant maintenance and upkeep by the FEW committee men who work tirelessly on the park we would finish up with a park similar to the one in the photograph. Do you want a football field or just a park to kick a ball about. Prevention is better than cure. I was working on the park today and the present the condition of the park remains dodgy, requiring repairs to field drainage and with the weather forecast not looking good from tomorrow we would only be causing further damage to the field. I am as desperate as you are to get this game played but not to the long time problems we could end up with. This is not a negative approach but just the opposite     REALITY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×