Kilsyth Rangers 2017 / 2018

Kilsyth Coyle

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were terrible last night , we were as bad as we were good against Troon , some of the goals we gave away were schoolboy stuff , faddy should have scored to make it 1-1 then they go up the park an make it 2-0 right away , an the 3rd goal we'l no even go there ! Simply not good enough[emoji849]

The manager has resigned along with his two assistants, not even a full season in charge, strange one for me, consolidate position in the league and then bring in his own players in the summer i thought was the plan, as he inherited most of the team, obviously not, very strange

9 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Not a lot getting said on the matter, surprising, a good win at Troon then a couple of humpings from Cambuslang and Cumbernauld and he's off????????

At least u were playing maryhill last night to get another 3 points ..........................

15 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

The manager has resigned along with his two assistants, not even a full season in charge, strange one for me, consolidate position in the league and then bring in his own players in the summer i thought was the plan, as he inherited most of the team, obviously not, very strange

Can,t  say I am disappointed to see them go , however least said sooner mended.

20 minutes ago, TheNauld said:

You had a really good young management team there in Chris and Spud, I’m surprised at your comments.

What's your pedigree to tell us they were a great management team. Recent results and performances and league position tell us different. I think if they were the management team of the nauld and you suffered as we have done this season with them in charge then you would think differently.

Some very bitter and odd comments towards this management team - this is a management team that built on a squad at wishaw, who they left earlier this season (the squad that has just reached the semi final of the Scottish Cup).  Rumour has it that cash wasnt available to the level that they could attract players in when they first took charge.  Although i would be sure the repairs after the fire etc would have had an impact here.

It takes time to build a squad and certainly it is clear to see that wishaw had a solid base to build on when McGroarty took over and built that into the squad which they have now.  Perhaps the issue was the squad didn't have a good enough base level for them to build on (perhaps why Hogg walked?) or perhaps the lack of funds to build on what was there when he took over.

The rumour mill also suggests that McGroarty walked after comments from a committee member at Kilsyth and no I dont know what was said.  Any committee must understand that if the base line was so poor that one manager left then another manager is going to need funds and time. You dont go and take a squad to narrowly missing out on promotion from the division below you and leaving a squad who have reached the semi final of the Scottish and still in one cup and going for promotion from their league, to becoming a dud.  McGroarty is a respected young manager who plays the game right.  Given that Kilsyth were making active approaches to players two weeks ago to sign for next season from other clubs (I know this as my cousin was one of them) the comments from the committee man, must have been such a nature to force McGroarty's hand where he felt he had no option but to go.

When oh when will committees learn about making comments, make your decisions in private but you should never critcise the club, management or players in a public forum.  If the committee don't like something, sack them and move on, snide comments in a public forum does no one any favours nor indeed does it maintain any impression of professionalism.

What's your pedigree to tell us they were a great management team. Recent results and performances and league position tell us different. I think if they were the management team of the nauld and you suffered as we have done this season with them in charge then you would think differently.

I’ll refer you to the comments above from the apprentice, and I would have no problem with them coming to Cumbernauld if that situation ever arose, thankfully we have a good management team in place at present

Well i'm sorry to see them go ,was hopeful for next season
This season was always going to be tough ask for them with the timing of hoggy's departure as they had to work with what they had been left with ,no disrespect to the present players who are a hard working honest bunch and always gave what they had !
I'm assuming said comment was made at end of cumbernauld game ? We played well in the 1st half and were 1up at ht before going down 4-1 ,also we were missing a few players such as Davidson and waters , i hate getting beat ,especially off our local rivals but surely u step back and look at the big picture before blurting out something silly ?

Archived