Kilsyth Rangers 2017 / 2018

Kilsyth Coyle

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:

We've already played the peasy and lang away already ? And obviously not played teams once yet ? Wtf ???

You surprised? He's right royally screwed quite a few teams with fixture f*** ups.

Took the game in today and was quite an exciting cup tie with the added bonus of a dramatic penalty shootout.

Kilsyth went into a two goal lead only to throw it away with some dreadful defending from two corners. In fairness they played the better football but the pitch cut up really badly.

Special mention to the ref who let so much go and manage to keep 22 players on the park despite some woeful tackles. [emoji23]

Took the game in today and was quite an exciting cup tie with the added bonus of a dramatic penalty shootout.

Kilsyth went into a two goal lead only to throw it away with some dreadful defending from two corners. In fairness they played the better football but the pitch cut up really badly.

Special mention to the ref who let so much go and manage to keep 22 players on the park despite some woeful tackles. [emoji23]

Who scored the goals?
And no wonder the pitch cut up. We've played 3 games in the bounce there, first one was against Troon after a few days of heavy rain and to n fair the pitch hasn't recovered. And 'fixtures' man has got us playing the next couple of games at home. Too many in a row

• 2 weeks later...

Beat Fauldhouse 5-0 at Ravenscraig today in a friendly.

Mark Duffy hat trick had us 3-0 inside 21mins. Further goals from Chris Reid and Ian Diack made it 5-0 at half time. 

Both teams made a log of changes at tbe break so the 2nd half was a bit of a non-event.

Beat Fauldhouse 5-0 at Ravenscraig today in a friendly.
Mark Duffy hat trick had us 3-0 inside 21mins. Further goals from Chris Reid and Ian Diack made it 5-0 at half time. 
 Both teams made a log of changes at tbe break so the 2nd half was a bit of a non-event.

Cheers for the game lads worthwhile exercise for both teams

A little bit of revenge for the pasting Fauldhouse gave us in a pre-season game a year or so back. However no point in getting too excited about a friendly but good to see Marc Duffy getting a few goals, even if I didn't actually see it, if you know what I mean. Hopefully kept a few for next week assuming this cold weather lifts before next weekend. 

46 minutes ago, Euzi said:

Forecast for the Perth area later in the week:

Thursday 0

Friday -2

Saturday -3

Cant see the game being on this week again. Expecially as the pitch looked like this last week.

IMG_20171202_090801.jpg

The area on the other side of the fence looks much more like a pitch to me.

1 hour ago, garrellburn said:

Why don't we offer a swop, there are precedents for this, an Aberdeen side did so way back in the 60's. Offer them an enhanced guarantee on the gate share. They would probably jump at it.

That would be fine in the real world ,if you had workers to ensure that your own pitch was in a condition that was playable, Given the weather that we have had recently coupled with home games we have played . Duncansfield is like any other junior park at this time and requires a lot of work to be carried out to ensure that games can be played. If its your suggestion to swop the game ,I don't envisage a mad rush of people offering assistance for this to happen. You must be realistic. work required to be done on the playing surface takes time and more importantly can't be done without workers.  I think that this may answer  your question on ground swooping 

7 minutes ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Am I correct in thinking that this is the final opportunity Scone Thistle have in getting this tie played at home??

After this weekend (their 3rd) attempt, it would be then moved to Kilsyth??

There is no such rule I'm afraid.

Archived