Players you used to hate

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate the players is a bit strong but I certainly would shout a lot at Nakamura as he fell every time he approached our penalty box and was awarded a free kick. Maybe it was the ref I should have been shouting at.

And Barry Ferguson. He always seemed like one of the neds from the terracing at Ibrox pulled on to the pitch for a game. Arrogant and aggresive wee naff.

And of course Tokely.

Most of the ones I dislike have been mentioned except Goran Stanic, Darren Sheridan and Kevin James.

Used to despise Imrie, thinking he was an arrogant little p***k until a game at Palmerston Vs Morton. I'm sure it was the season they were relegated and we had just gubbed them. Every single Morton player left the field immediately but Imrie went right up to the supporters to applaud them and that was after he received some pretty OTT abuse from members of the support throughout the game. At one point he was actually exchanging words with a supporter. Had a lot more respect for him after that day.

On 6/21/2017 at 07:57, Coventry Saint said:

Legend. 

Edit: him, not you.

Sent off twice at Cappielow in the same season whilst at Partick. It was clear that the second red card was down to much winding up from the Cowshed about the first one (plus his Paisley connections) and the red mist promptly coming down.

Most of the ones I dislike have been mentioned except Goran Stanic, Darren Sheridan and Kevin James.

Used to despise Imrie, thinking he was an arrogant little p***k until a game at Palmerston Vs Morton. I'm sure it was the season they were relegated and we had just gubbed them. Every single Morton player left the field immediately but Imrie went right up to the supporters to applaud them and that was after he received some pretty OTT abuse from members of the support throughout the game. At one point he was actually exchanging words with a supporter. Had a lot more respect for him after that day.

Whatever did Kevin James do wrong? Big softy IMO.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Was just thinking of opposition players before, but after he was brought up on the Livingston thread I thought he deserved a mention in here, Darren Cole when he played for Livi, absolutely hated him playing for us.

100%

If we're talking about players in our own team then I've never "hated" anyone but Scott McLaughlin would be as close as it got for me. And it's purely down to his (lack of) footballing ability and the fact he started almost every game for us. He seemed to avoid the critics as we had Stephen Simmons in midfield that year as well. I don't know why but Simmons was loathed by some of our support and still is. He was a poor player for us but he wasn't worse than McLaughlin yet got more stick. I don't know if it was perhaps because he was so lazy but I never had as much distain for him as the majority of the support.

I can remember giving dogs abuse to Stevie Murray when he played for us. I liked him as a player but he continual diving used to boil my piss and one day I went nuts with him after yet another dive.

Scott Mclaughlin; Marc Fitzpatrick; James Grady; Alan McManus; Bobby Barr; Derek Collins; Stuart McCluskey; Dominic Shimmin - it's difficult to give a toss about opposition players when all of those snakes (and many others) have been playing for Morton tbh.

What was the deal with Shimmin? I thought he was supposed to be loved at Morton? He looked good the one time I saw him but then he received a bad injury if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

What was the deal with Shimmin? I thought he was supposed to be loved at Morton? He looked good the one time I saw him but then he received a bad injury if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Did he not start of fantastic, pretend to have an injury then miraculously recover for a cup game against Celtic?

^^Pretty much this IIRC. 

Archived