Players you used to hate

Having given this a lot of thought after my last post on this, I have came to the conclusion that I still hated Keddie as a player for us. I still think he is one of the worst, most odious players ever to wear the Pars black and white. 

I wouldn't have minded his pishness so much if he didn't blame everyone else for his ineptness.  

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walter Kidd i always thought was a dirty hacking b*****d, i remember one game at brockville when he raced across the park to "tackle" Jim Dempsey and launched himself into what can only be described as a kung foo kick, oor Jim must have saw him coming though and casually side stepped him causing Kidd to clatter two footed into the advertising hoardings. Much to the great delight of our supporters. 

Remember it well ridiculous sight

Always held a petty grudge against ex Pars captain Craig Robertson. Pars would send players out to local schools to do a bit of training, chat and watch the kids' games. As a p7 and a DAFC FKW I knew this was my chance to sign and that Robbo would report back to Leishman that this young star needed to be fast-tracked into the Dunfermline first team. I played a blinder - all the tricks came off, all the shots zipped in, I was in the zone. 

The c**t just spent the whole time chatting to our slightly glamorous teacher, never once glancing at the game. p***k. 

22 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It was 1-2. Stevie Crawford scored Scotland's goal. Andy Smith injured the Norway keeper then did the same to the sub keeper.

Norrie McCathie didn't play in this game as he died over 2 years previously.

Apologies, my bad. Memory starting to go, I think.

Who was it who stood nose-to-nose with Willie Johnston as he was taking a throw-in? Johnston patted him gently on the cheek and the guy went down as if he'd been shot. Johnston was sent off.

On 6/21/2017 at 01:47, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think he did 2 kung fu kicks against Dumbarton players in separate games. Dumbarton fans prob have them bookmarked.:lol:

Found this pic though.

jason_talbot_tackle.jpg

The ball is right fucking there in the 2nd pic tbf.

6 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Kenny Black and just generally the full Airdrie team of that era.

.... that team was full of dirty b@stards.

woah, almost forgot about that gang. Add Sandison, Boyle, Stewart, Lawrence... all nippy cheaty wee rats, with McVeigh or Bone coaching them on sleekit kicks and elbows. Possibly the most consistently badly behaved team of the late 80's/90's (which says a lot considering Hearts had the diving Colquhoun, Crabbe, Robertson, Kidd & Whittaker crew).  Beating them - as we usually did - was, as they say, 'most pleasing'.  Kenny Black. What an embarrassment he was. 

On 21/06/2017 at 11:54, DA Baracus said:

It was 1-2. Stevie Crawford scored Scotland's goal. Andy Smith injured the Norway keeper then did the same to the sub keeper.

Norrie McCathie didn't play in this game as he died over 2 years previously.

I'm positive Norrie played for some Scottish league select or b team once?

edit found it, from dot net

John was selected, along with Norrie McCathie, to play for the Scottish semi pro squad in the four nations competition held in Fife 1987

6 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

woah, almost forgot about that gang. Add Sandison, Boyle, Stewart, Lawrence... all nippy cheaty wee rats, with McVeigh or Bone coaching them on sleekit kicks and elbows. Possibly the most consistently badly behaved team of the late 80's/90's (which says a lot considering Hearts had the diving Colquhoun, Crabbe, Robertson, Kidd & Whittaker crew).  Beating them - as we usually did - was, as they say, 'most pleasing'.  Kenny Black. What an embarrassment he was. 

Nipper Lawrence got done with stealing mail when he was a postie haha.

And the less said about Section B the better. They used to go mental every time they came through to Falkirk.

Nipper Lawrence got done with stealing mail when he was a postie haha.
And the less said about Section B the better. They used to go mental every time they came through to Falkirk.

I remember going to Broomfield for a midweek game, must have been early 80's as I was still at school.

There was no segregation on the terracing and there was loads of battling. Our bus windows got smashed but on the plus side I'm sure we beat them 1 nil.

Loved going there during the Jefferies era. Stainrod destroyed them in a game where Owen Coyle missed a pen for Airdrie.

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Paul Lambert. I'm still not over that diving incident, fucking cheating c**t.

This is the wrong thread to post that in, unless you're saying that you no longer hate him?

Archived