Players you used to hate

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Not a player, but manager Tom Hendry was a bit of a knob

Each to his own. Tom Hendrie was GOD when he played for Meadowbank. He and his wife were contestants on 3-2-1 and met Bob Carolgees and Spit the Dog! (They won the show, rejected the car at the earliest opportunity and only ditched Dusty Bin at the very last moment. That led to him being nicknamed 'Dusty' for the rest of his career at Thistle...)

7 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Each to his own. Tom Hendrie was GOD when he played for Meadowbank. He and his wife were contestants on 3-2-1 and met Bob Carolgees and Spit the Dog! (They won the show, rejected the car at the earliest opportunity and only ditched Dusty Bin at the very last moment. That led to him being nicknamed 'Dusty' for the rest of his career at Thistle...)

Thanks for the trip down memory lane :huh:

My first memory of Tom Hendrie was when he was manager of top of the table Berwick Rangers and they were the visitors at Boghead. I was standing in the enclosure behind the away dugout and he was engaging in some banter with the home support. Just harmless stuff like him reminding us all that they were top of the league and so on. This was going fine for him as Berwick went into a 2-0 lead but then went wrong for him as the Sons came back with less than 15 minutes to go and scored in injury time to give us a 3-2 win. The home support were obviously delighted at this turn of events and decided to get back at Hendrie. Again it was harmless stuff like giruy and so on, but he wasn't taking it too well and after about a minute of this he turned round and shouted "Leave me alone!"  

I miss that sort of stuff with the dugouts on the other side of the pitch now.

Just based on each of last season's Championship opponents, rather than writing another huge list of OF tossers, my fondest memories of hurling utterly deserved abuse are for these bad boys -  

Hibs; Joe Tortolano - Boooooo! 

DU; Dave Bowman. Being a mouthy ginger twat was a bad enough crime, but his shocking crippling of Richard Cadette at Brockville should have been a hanging offence. 

Morton; Dougie - rolly poly - Robertson. Made Derek O'Connor look like he cared about calories. 

QoS; Iain Russell. No contest, and he appears to have been a popular choice across the forum. Wonder why that is. 

Dunfermline; this is a really tough call. So many choices, right up to Kallum - heid's gone pop - Higginbotham from the present day gang of gypsies tramps and thieves. Joe Cardle, Andy Smith, Hugh Burns, Roddy Grant, Noel Hunt, Ross Jack, Craig Robertson, John "Head-lice" Watson... and many, many more. 

Raith; Bobby Barr - with his constant nippy attitude, would happily have applauded any of our team that footed him right up the chute. 

St Mirren; another toughie. Mark Lardy and Jim Goodwin were seriously in contention, but there was only ever one winner and that's Mr John Potter. What an absolute rotter.   

Can't think of any of either Ayr or Dumbarton players over the years that have given me the hump, so to make up my dishonourable Championship 10 I've temporarily relegated Hearts (John Colquhoun and Dave MacPherson from one era, Pressley and Paul Hartley from another), and Motherwell (another lengthy list - Dougie Arnott, Nick Cusack, Chris McCart (horse), Nicky Walker, and Davie fecking Cooper).... 

Phew. Feel much better now. 

John fuckin Pelosi. Dirty fucker.

I remember him playing for Hamilton at Brockville and throwing himself up in the air whilst shouting 'oh ya b*****d' in order to get our man (who was nowhere near him) sent off!

John fuckin Pelosi. Dirty fucker.
I remember him playing for Hamilton at Brockville and throwing himself up in the air whilst shouting 'oh ya b*****d' in order to get our man (who was nowhere near him) sent off!

Was sued by Jim Brown after ending Brown's footballing career. Was the first ever time that had been successfully done (Ian Durrant wasn't the first as the media would have you believe).

34 minutes ago, GordieBoy80 said:

Was sued by Jim Brown after ending Brown's footballing career. Was the first ever time that had been successfully done (Ian Durrant wasn't the first as the media would have you believe).

Aye, I think I recall that. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

8 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

Lorenzo Amoruso, Nacho Novo, Dado Prso, Kris Boyd (all massive c*nts)

Shaun Maloney, Neil Lennon, John Hartson and James Forrest.

None compare to Phil Roberts though.

Good shout about Phil Roberts - utter p***k of a man but possibly with real mental health issues.

Just based on each of last season's Championship opponents, rather than writing another huge list of OF tossers, my fondest memories of hurling utterly deserved abuse are for these bad boys -  
Hibs; Joe Tortolano - Boooooo! 
DU; Dave Bowman. Being a mouthy ginger twat was a bad enough crime, but his shocking crippling of Richard Cadette at Brockville should have been a hanging offence. 
Morton; Dougie - rolly poly - Robertson. Made Derek O'Connor look like he cared about calories. 
QoS; Iain Russell. No contest, and he appears to have been a popular choice across the forum. Wonder why that is. 
Dunfermline; this is a really tough call. So many choices, right up to Kallum - heid's gone pop - Higginbotham from the present day gang of gypsies tramps and thieves. Joe Cardle, Andy Smith, Hugh Burns, Roddy Grant, Noel Hunt, Ross Jack, Craig Robertson, John "Head-lice" Watson... and many, many more. 
Raith; Bobby Barr - with his constant nippy attitude, would happily have applauded any of our team that footed him right up the chute. 
St Mirren; another toughie. Mark Lardy and Jim Goodwin were seriously in contention, but there was only ever one winner and that's Mr John Potter. What an absolute rotter.   
Can't think of any of either Ayr or Dumbarton players over the years that have given me the hump, so to make up my dishonourable Championship 10 I've temporarily relegated Hearts (John Colquhoun and Dave MacPherson from one era, Pressley and Paul Hartley from another), and Motherwell (another lengthy list - Dougie Arnott, Nick Cusack, Chris McCart (horse), Nicky Walker, and Davie fecking Cooper).... 
Phew. Feel much better now. 

Some real crackers in there...

Tortolano, Potter, Yardley, Goodwin, Russell, and pretty much anyone from Dunfermline....all on my list too.

Archived