Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

Would we say it was a rip-roaring success to create a new thread for this then, and not allow absolute weapons like this to denigrate either of the existing threads? Great call by the guy who suggested it.

Holy f**k. I can feel my brain cells dissolving reading this shit.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Would we say it was a rip-roaring success to create a new thread for this then, and not allow absolute weapons like this to denigrate either of the existing threads? Great call by the guy who suggested it.

Holy f**k. I can feel my brain cells dissolving reading this shit.

Cheer up Christophe we're only joking. 

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Was talking to my mate who knows loads about boxing and he said McGregor has a punchers chance.

https://www.google.co.jp/amp/mmajunkie.com/2017/06/boxer-chris-van-heerden-leaked-unedited-conor-mcgregor-sparring-footage-floyd-mayweather/amp

Considering McGregor hardly manages to lay a glove on Van Heerden here, I doubt he'll be able to lay a glove on arguably the best defensive boxer of all time.

5 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I've got a feeling this person wasn't being entirely serious.

You're not suggesting I've been the victim of a whooosh, are you? Surely not?

Hard to understand why so many folk don't enter boxing threads regularly tbh

There's no doubt there're an element of boxing fans that can be wankers to those they consider to have a lesser knowledge than themselves (and I try to avoid doing that as I think it's total dick behaviour), but that's the same as any other thread on the Internet, let alone P&B. If I went in to the St Johnstone thread and stated categorically that Steve Lomas was the greatest manager in your history bar none, I'd quite rightly be laughed out if there. Same rules apply here.

If someone comes in here and gives a detailed analysis of what they think McGregor can do to catch Mayweather that Floyd can't defend and Pacquaio, Hatton, Cotto, De La Hoya, et al hadn't thought of or couldn't do, then I'm all ears, but, if someone's reasoning is purely that he has a "punchers chance", when none of those boxing legends could hit him, then I'm afraid that people that have even a passing interest in boxing are going to laugh at them and tell them to get fucked. It's a novice v an all time great, and until someone gives detailed reasoning as to why it should be viewed as otherwise, that'll be the prevailing attitude here and basically everywhere else. I'd say that was fair enough.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hard to understand why so many folk don't enter boxing threads regularly tbh

I'm all for some sort of P&B natural selection process to help maintain the quality of the boxing thread. 

I'll take your thanks in the form of a ten pound payment or a Greggs Bridie. Ta in advance.

53 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Wee Floyd loves the $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Take a wee dive to set up a rematch :lol:. Nah no chance, not even sure how there's been this many posts in here there's nothing to discuss!

Two out of three falls culminating in Hell in a Cell at Wrestlemania 34?

• 3 weeks later...

There will be no rematch. (Though giving McGregor the punchers chance)
As has been said, this ends when Floyd decides it does.
Just look at the class difference between Taylor & Davies at the weekend & magnify it by [emoji817] +

Archived