Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least we can conclude McGregor having power is a total myth.

He has "power" when equated to the standard he's used to competing in.
That it was pretty much ineffective, is a reflection of the huge gulf in class between their respective fields.
As has been said elsewhere, it's like expecting the winner of Decathlon to compete at the top of the tree, in each of the differing disciplines.

The arguing on here is embarrassing. Mcgregor tried to get the job done early so threw big shots early doors. Quickly ran out or energy and carried no power after 4 rounds. Mayweather doing what he does soaked up the early pressure knowing Connor would be fucked. Once that happened Mayweather knew he could just walk forward and easily break him done which he did. 

Connor tried to execute his plan. It didn't work. Mayweather executed his and it worked a treat. 

Both guys are now best of pals after the pantomime build up we get every big fight regardless of Boxing or MMA and the jobs done. 

They now get to wake up this morning to a cool £100 million ? And we get to wake up jump on P&B and argue about punch stats and if Mcgregor actually carries power or doesn't. Fucking living the dream. 

5 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Let's go through these...

Top boxer - Canelo at 160 (this exact sport)
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
Distance Runner - Mo Farah
Footballer - Ronaldo

All elite athletes....whats your point ? 

Just watched it. I thought it was fairly entertaining actually. I wouldn't have got it on ppv but worth watching for half an hour just to see how McGregor got on.

Mayweather was just watching to see how he got on as well. 

Watched this after waking up (and quickly fast forwarded through 5 hours of build up and under card action). I'm not a big boxing fan and although I prefer the UFC and watch it fairly regularly I am not an expert. From my limited knowledge it was a pretty boring fight with Mayweather in total control from the first bell. Okay McGregor had a couple of moments early on but it was cruise control from Mayweather. It certainly did not live up to the hype but it was realistically never going to.

Rough as shiittttttt today. Well deserved, though.

McGregor did alright? He was schooled, aye, but he was expected to be eh? I said he'd win a couple of the early rounds and was told to 'seek help, immediately' by a boxing w****r and he did take the first couple. 

He did about as expected really. Don't think he disgraced himself or anything.

McGregor was winning the fight until he got tired out - fact. Mayweather didnae beat McGregor, tiredness did. Hope all those boxing fans who thought it'd be pish for Mayweather feel like stupid c***s today cos it was a close fight. The best ever in boxing against somebody making his boxing debut - McGregor's the clear moral winner. There's no even an equivalent for what he's just done. What a fucking legend.

1 minute ago, xNicola_Ghirl1888x said:

McGregor was winning the fight until he got tired out - fact. Mayweather didnae beat McGregor, tiredness did. Hope all those boxing fans who thought it'd be pish for Mayweather feel like stupid c***s today cos it was a close fight. The best ever in boxing against somebody making his boxing debut - McGregor's the clear moral winner. There's no even an equivalent for what he's just done. What a fucking legend.

As soon as I see someone post fact, I disregard their opinion.  Those who post that are invariably idiots.

:lol:

Archived