Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see any appeal in watching Conor try and rise up the boxing ranks. That ref needs to explain himself there were a f**k tonne of fouls in that fight.

Think the ref just gave McGregor a little leeway, don't think it was that big of a deal tbh.

All thats done to show is that boxing and MMA are completely different sports.  McGregor needs to get back to the UFC and take on Ferguson, Khabib etc.  Boxing needs to move forward with the GGG v Alvarez, Lomachenko v Rigondeaux fights and the AJ/Wilder/Fury love triangle.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think the ref just gave McGregor a little leeway, don't think it was that big of a deal tbh.

This, by the middle of the fight the illegal punches were barely hurting mayweather if any indeed did, not like they influenced the fight at all, 

Without watching it, I'm guessing McGregor didn't have the footwork nor technical ability to get near Mayweather never mind hurt him. Tired himself out chasing Floyd down with wild shots before being picked off at will by Mayweather.

I get that initially but it was most of the fight. Doesn't look good on him if he's giving preferential treatment. Everyone in the ring need to be treated equally.

2 minutes ago, sjc said:

Without watching it, I'm guessing McGregor didn't have the footwork nor technical ability to get near Mayweather never mind hurt him. Tired himself out chasing Floyd down with wild shots before being picked off at will by Mayweather.

His footwork was alright. Didn't really go in with wild shots, just shots that didn't have any power in them because Mayweather was walking him down and he was shattered.

If anyone was doing the chasing, it was Mayweather.

Mayweather didn't really box defensively at all after the first few. Chased him about the ring while McGregor fell to pieces

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

His footwork was alright. Didn't really go in with wild shots, just shots that didn't have any power in them because Mayweather was walking him down.

If anyone was doing the chasing, it was Mayweather.

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Mayweather didn't really box defensively at all after the first few. Chased him about the ring while McGregor fell to pieces

When was the last time Mayweather chased anyone down? Can't have been impressed with McGregors punching power.

Just now, sjc said:

When was the last time Mayweather chased anyone down? Can't have been impressed with McGregors punching power.

Not only was he chasing him down, he wasn't even worried in the slightest about getting hit, MMA chins are obviously more glassy than boxing chins.

The fight only became an official result if 4 rounds were completed, I think that tells you all you need to know.

1 minute ago, sjc said:

Mike Costello and Steve Bunce talking absolute shit on the BBC live stream!

I listened to them, if they can't see it was an exhibition what hope is there for casual fans.

McGregor landed the 2nd most punches on Mayweather in his boxing career, which for someone with a 0-0 boxing record at least has to be respected.

111 punches landed compared to Pacquaiao's 81

Just now, port-ton said:

McGregor landed the 2nd most punches on Mayweather in his boxing career, which for someone with a 0-0 boxing record at least has to be respected.

111 punches landed compared to Pacquaiao's 81

Come on, Floyd's a 40 year old retired boxer putting on a show.

Archived