Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye a lot of my mates are the same. I'm going to my mates to watch it on Saturday and he's a big UFC fan but he's not as ridiculous as some of my other mates, boys who watched McGregor v Aldo and think they're combat experts :lol:

I've no chance of seeing it. Out with mates during the day, plans in place for watching it but starting the bevy early doors.
Most the boys I'll be with are boxing fans rather than UFC so I'll be desperate for a McGregor win just to troll if nothing else.

I've no chance of seeing it. Out with mates during the day, plans in place for watching it but starting the bevy early doors.
Most the boys I'll be with are boxing fans rather than UFC so I'll be desperate for a McGregor win just to troll if nothing else.

I've made the mistake of having a bevy early doors before these big fights and by the time it comes in I either have no interest in it or I'm too fucked to even take it in. Be going easy for this one as I've got Hibs Dundee on the Sunday.

I'm stuck with UFC fans so I'll be hoping for a swift Mayweather victory, genuinely think the boys I'll be with will be sitting there open mouthed if McGregor hasn't choked him out by round 2 :lol:

I've made the mistake of having a bevy early doors before these big fights and by the time it comes in I either have no interest in it or I'm too fucked to even take it in. Be going easy for this one as I've got Hibs Dundee on the Sunday.

I'm stuck with UFC fans so I'll be hoping for a swift Mayweather victory, genuinely think the boys I'll be with will be sitting there open mouthed if McGregor hasn't choked him out by round 2 :lol:

Aye, fights in the US are dreadful for it. Can plan taking it easy but won't happen.
Mayweather points (the most likely result) will be a total head f**k then...

Could SSN please stop this utter drivel.

McGregor didn't "Unify" the lightweight division of the UFC & to say he's a switch hitter in the class of Marvin Hagler, or Terence Crawford, is just blatantly spouting pish of which you know very little about.

Hagler was an out & out southpaw.

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I'd assume that your average boxer will have a more powerful punch and better punch resistance than a MMA fighter, one concentrates on punches most of the time, the other has to split his time between kicks,punches and grappling.

Punch resistance cannot be trained.

5 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

Aye but he's no a boxer either. All these people making out that as soon as Conor lands its all over. I can think of once (Aldo) where he has knocked someone out with one punch and i can think of at least a good few times where floyd has been wobbled by a big puncher and then went on to completely dominate the fight. 

MMA fighter usually have to sustain more devastating strikes than a boxer. 

Elbows, kicks, knees etc etc.

15 minutes ago, Amato72 said:

Punch resistance cannot be trained.

It can't be trained but boxers will be far more accustomed to your average boxers punch whereas MMA fighters for the most part aren't used to it.

It won't shock me if Mayweather stops McGregor early doors.

MMA fighter usually have to sustain more devastating strikes than a boxer. 

Elbows, kicks, knees etc etc.

Just as well Aldo or Alvarez never got elbowed, kicked or kneed then?

There's no denying that McGregor hits like a truck but the difference between 4oz and 8oz is bigger than you'd think. Also a harder hitter than Canelo? Id be fucking surprised.

You are a moron, pure and simple. Tell me one single reason that has any sort of discernible evidence to support it that Floyd Mayweather (the man with a 49-0 record and known as the best pound for pound boxer there possibly ever has been or will be) will let a guy who has never boxed professionally beat him in a fight, rather than just taking the easy win, making it 50-0 and confirming his place as the greatest ever?It's beyond ridiculous.
If McGregor wins it's because he beat Floyd fairly and those who think Mayweather will take a fall in order to get a rematch should have a look at McGregor's fight record - the only guy he's rematched was Nate Diaz and that was because he lost the first fight. Aldo hasn't ever been given a rematch and Alvarez never will, once he's beaten someone he doesn't see the need to do it again. Sure, he might be tempted by the money on offer for a Floyd rematch but I have my doubts he would take it.

Confirming him as the greatest ever???? When he beats mcgregor it will have absolutely no impact whatsoever on his legacy. Nobody with half a clue about boxing will regard his record as 50-0 either.

Everyone involved in selling this, from both fighters to slavers like Brendan Schaub, have been ripping the arse out of the idea McGregor can win. I'd guess the odds coming in can be explained by a combination of people being gullible morons and Mayweather's initial price not being particularly worth it for most punters. Wouldn't surprise me if the odds go the other way in the final days.

The big money betters will start backing Floyd over the next few days as it is buying money. His price wil shorten drastically.

47 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It can't be trained but boxers will be far more accustomed to your average boxers punch whereas MMA fighters for the most part aren't used to it.

It won't shock me if Mayweather stops McGregor early doors.

MMA fighters are used to sustained ground and pound, busted face, and blood pishing out their face

Boxers are used to getting punched with big massive padded gloves.

Don't get me wrong Floyd will win but if Conor lands a clean shot, Floyd will be severley rocked.  

MMA fighters are used to sustained ground and pound, busted face, and blood pishing out their face

Boxers are used to getting punched with big massive padded gloves.

Don't get me wrong Floyd will win but if Conor lands a clean shot, Floyd will be severley rocked.  

If an MMA fighter gets decked by a punch then he's saved by the ref very quickly after not given 8 seconds to recover and fired back into action like a boxer.

An MMA fighter doesn't generate anywhere near the same power in his punches or commit to them like a boxer because he has to alter his stance to defend against kicks and takedowns.

10oz gloves such as Reyes with boxing tape underneath are like being hit with rocks. The padding is there to protect the boxers hands- not the opponents face

Archived