Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

6 hours ago, Amato72 said:

How can you possibly know if that's true?

I'd hazard a guess that world champion boxers such as Canelo and Shane Mosley have a bigger punch than Mcgregor. The guy landed on Nate Diaz about a million times and couldn't knock him out. Fucking Nate Diaz :lol: He'll be lucky to land one meaningful shot never mind enough to knock Floyd down. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd hazard a guess that world champion boxers such as Canelo and Shane Mosley have a bigger punch than Mcgregor. The guy landed on Nate Diaz about a million times and couldn't knock him out. Fucking Nate Diaz [emoji38] He'll be lucky to land one meaningful shot never mind enough to knock Floyd down. 

Diaz has never been finished by punches.

I'd assume that your average boxer will have a more powerful punch and better punch resistance than a MMA fighter, one concentrates on punches most of the time, the other has to split his time between kicks,punches and grappling.

Genuinely no idea what the managers have decided is going to happen in this fight so I'm going to go with my tried-and-tested tipster:

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

I'd assume that your average boxer will have a more powerful punch and better punch resistance than a MMA fighter, one concentrates on punches most of the time, the other has to split his time between kicks,punches and grappling.

It's like a decathlete against a 100m  sprinter....at 100m

4 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Paddy Power have paid out on a Mayweather win already. Good risk free publicity for them.

Apart from the questionable "we always bet on black" tag line which will likely get them nothing but bad publicity and a fine for its racial connotations.

6 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Diaz has never been finished by punches.

Aye but he's no a boxer either. All these people making out that as soon as Conor lands its all over. I can think of once (Aldo) where he has knocked someone out with one punch and i can think of at least a good few times where floyd has been wobbled by a big puncher and then went on to completely dominate the fight. 

2 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

All jokes aside, people don't genuinely believe McGregor will win this fight do they?

An awful lot of them honestly and sincerely do believe it.

A punchers chance is all he's got, his punchers chance will be considerably smaller than most of Money' opponents due to his lack of boxing craft.

All jokes aside, people don't genuinely believe McGregor will win this fight do they?

Most folk/mates I've spoken to think he'll win. "If he catches him with that left" "Connors an animal" etc I was speaking to a boy outside the pub the other week that looked me in the eye and said "if Conor is getting beat he'll just give him a head kick" :lol:

Tbf it's mostly McGregor fan boys that think he'll win.

Most folk/mates I've spoken to think he'll win. "If he catches him with that left" "Connors an animal" etc I was speaking to a boy outside the pub the other week that looked me in the eye and said "if Conor is getting beat he'll just give him a head kick" :lol:

Tbf it's mostly McGregor fan boys that think he'll win.

Pretty much this. A few of my mates like UFC and not really boxing and they honestly think that McGregor could beat Mayweather. Basically they think McGregor punches harder than anyone Mayweather has fought and now he's 40 his defence won't be as good.

Pretty much this. A few of my mates like UFC and not really boxing and they honestly think that McGregor could beat Mayweather. Basically they think McGregor punches harder than anyone Mayweather has fought and now he's 40 his defence won't be as good.

Aye a lot of my mates are the same. I'm going to my mates to watch it on Saturday and he's a big UFC fan but he's not as ridiculous as some of my other mates, boys who watched McGregor v Aldo and think they're combat experts :lol:

Archived