Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It'll be either the first or second biggest selling PPV in history, probably first. There's an argument it's the biggest fight ever (I wouldn't support that argument btw).

I could make an argument for biggest fight (pretty much relying on coverage, ticket prices and PPV coverage) but I'd be interested to see someone try and make an argument for best fight ever. Genuinely, I hope McGregor wins just for the scenes. It'll be some laugh, but seriously I can't see it and think of this fight as a glorified exhibition. Roll on Canelo GGG

15 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

If mcgregor wins.. it's a fix, pure and simple.

You are a moron, pure and simple. Tell me one single reason that has any sort of discernible evidence to support it that Floyd Mayweather (the man with a 49-0 record and known as the best pound for pound boxer there possibly ever has been or will be) will let a guy who has never boxed professionally beat him in a fight, rather than just taking the easy win, making it 50-0 and confirming his place as the greatest ever?It's beyond ridiculous.

If McGregor wins it's because he beat Floyd fairly and those who think Mayweather will take a fall in order to get a rematch should have a look at McGregor's fight record - the only guy he's rematched was Nate Diaz and that was because he lost the first fight. Aldo hasn't ever been given a rematch and Alvarez never will, once he's beaten someone he doesn't see the need to do it again. Sure, he might be tempted by the money on offer for a Floyd rematch but I have my doubts he would take it.

You are a moron, pure and simple. Tell me one single reason that has any sort of discernible evidence to support it that Floyd Mayweather (the man with a 49-0 record and known as the best pound for pound boxer there possibly ever has been or will be) will let a guy who has never boxed professionally beat him in a fight, rather than just taking the easy win, making it 50-0 and confirming his place as the greatest ever?It's beyond ridiculous.
If McGregor wins it's because he beat Floyd fairly and those who think Mayweather will take a fall in order to get a rematch should have a look at McGregor's fight record - the only guy he's rematched was Nate Diaz and that was because he lost the first fight. Aldo hasn't ever been given a rematch and Alvarez never will, once he's beaten someone he doesn't see the need to do it again. Sure, he might be tempted by the money on offer for a Floyd rematch but I have my doubts he would take it.

Good point, no need for the insult tho.

22 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Bookies shat it, remember the odds swung that much when Euabnk Jr fought BJS that before they got in the ring Eubank Jnr was odds on

Bookies don't want to be paupers regardless of probabilities.

19 hours ago, Amato72 said:

If it looks like a fix then no-one will buy a ppv for a rematch.

Mcgregor is super confident he can win, and I reckon if he hits Floyd once with that left hand he gets the K.O.

Aye the all powerful Mcgregor left hand. Mayweather has been tagged by bigger punchers than Conor and has never went down never mind knocked out.

Everyone involved in selling this, from both fighters to slavers like Brendan Schaub, have been ripping the arse out of the idea McGregor can win. I'd guess the odds coming in can be explained by a combination of people being gullible morons and Mayweather's initial price not being particularly worth it for most punters. Wouldn't surprise me if the odds go the other way in the final days.

13 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

That sums up the levels of control sky have over their brain dead customers and how malleable they are.

They have no shame whatsoever and will say anything in an attempt to squeeze a bit more cash out of casuals' bank accounts. 

Archived