Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bookies odds on a fight do not matter in the slightest.  All those fights listed, each fighter has earned that fight by winning others and working through the rankings.  As pointed out even though Crawford and Garcia are very heavy favourites their opponents Indongo and Broner have been or are current world champions.  McGregor is a rank amateur, never fought professionally and has a very limited amateur pedigree.  He is going in with an all time great.

One of the best amateur boxers of recent times Lomachenko failed in his second fight to win a world title.  He wasn't smart enough to win that belt at that time.  If someone with that amateur standard failed against someone who isn't even likely to make the boxing hall of fame, what's McGregor really going to do?

Lennox Lewis summed up very well, when he said it's like a shark fighting a lion.  Who will win?  The shark wins in the water and the lion wins on the land.

I am intrigued about the fight, and I think the pricing of it will really be the final deciding factor for me.  I seen online that it may actually cost a lot more than what a usual fight in the UK is.  Does anyone have a clue about the price for PPV?

Is it true that they are charging £75 to watch this on telly?

I think they are just taking the American price and putting it into pounds. Will probably be more around the 25 pounds mark, how much was Mayweather Pac again?

Are the betting odds being skewed by the popular suspicion that this is not a fair spontaneous sporting event bit that it might be a wee bit (dunno the short term but one of the pro wrestling things )

Are the betting odds being skewed by the popular suspicion that this is not a fair spontaneous sporting event bit that it might be a wee bit (dunno the short term but one of the pro wrestling things )

Odds are determined in such a way that best protects the house.

8 hours ago, dogmc said:

I would think the odds are being skewed by the amount of MMA aficiandos sticking their £10 or £20 on McGregor, if they laid McGregor at his true odds they'd be facing a huge payout in the unlikely event that he won, they're looking for a balanced book rather than taking a punt and trying to make a killing.

That would be the same Alvarez who comes has been boxing his entire life, to become a 2 weight world champion and considered as one of the top p4p on the planet. Many people are siting age as a key factor, well he was 6 years younger than McGregor will be on fight night and still couldn't land a punch on the best defensive boxer the world has even seen.  

He did, but I am talking about a way back, think it may have been Castillo.

Its just good to have a wee reminder that an absolute sharpshooter like JMM could hardly put a glove on Floyd.

It might have been the second Castillo fight, I watched the first one again recently and don't recall that.

Also worth remembering that he got an absolute gift of a decision in that first Castillo fight. Forgot how bad it was.

Still hoping both of them manage to KO each other at the same time here, followed by a rampaging pack of lions savaging their bodies.

Archived