Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Also, is it a prerequisite to be an utter w****r if you want to follow boxing? Some boxing fans on here seem incapable of rationally assessing things and just laugh in the face of an alternative opinion. 

4 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

You're only a w****r if, for whatever reason, you follow MM(GH)A(Y). 

I score it as a draw on my card - the MMA guys are providing the excitement, but the boxers are doing more work.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

This thread reminds me of the boxing "experts" on the run up to the Haye and Bellew fight. They got that one spectacularly and hilariously wrong

Didn't genuine experts and pros get that wrong not accounting for a guy fighting on one leg? 

Hardly the same as predicting on of the greatest technical boxers of all time to beat a non boxer at boxing.

3 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Is Brad Horse a bookie?

No. I've been making a very average living solely off poker for about 7 months now though and it has made me think in a very mathematical and (hopefully) logical way. I enjoy sports betting too and whilst I am much less successful at it than poker I try to apply the same principles when assessing chances in sporting events. 

We're getting that old favourite that's always repeated by casuals. If people that watch a lot of fights don't get every prediction correct then they don't know shit. :lol:None of us would be working for a living if we knew how every fight was going to finish. 

Nothing reeks more strongly of casual than Neilly and Marshmallo tickling each other's balls via greenies on a P&B thread that involves boxing. :lol:

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

We're getting that old favourite that's always repeated by casuals. If people that watch a lot of fights don't get every prediction correct then they don't know shit. :lol:None of us would be working for a living if we knew how every fight was going to finish. 

Nothing reeks more strongly of casual than Neilly and Marshmallo tickling each other's balls via greenies on a P&B thread that involves boxing. :lol:

IMG_3661.GIF

Although I do like a good 'matchroom traditions' joke, I'm not in to slating people for being a 'casual' follower of a sport, it's pretty bad chat, IMO, especially when I'd probably consider myself a fairly 'casual' fan of MMA as well. However, I do actually find it borderline disrespectful of people to think that arguably the best boxer of his generation, and one of the finest defensive fighters of all time could get knocked out by someone who's never had a professional fight.

Mayweather has avoided being hit properly clean by all-time greats like Pacquaio, De La Hoya, Mosely, Cotto, Marquez, etc, etc, etc, and yet people are genuinely trying to argue that someone who doesn't even participate in the same sport as these future hall of famers, let alone being close to the same level as them, is going to do what they couldn't? It's complete nonsense.

Mayweather will absolutely stroll this, will land his right hand whenever he wants, and won't get touched by McGregor.

6 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Least you're not upset that's the main thing.

Archived