Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Don't see why anyone wouldn't be that sure. I'd give McGregor absolutely zero chance whatsoever.

1% chance.  

I would have 1% chance of beating Mayweather too, as would you.

20 minutes ago, BradHorse said:

I mean... I agree with your general opinion in regards to Mayweather schooling Conor but you're just not accurately assessing the Diaz fights at all.

Look I agree that Conor boxed the best over both fights but he did gas in the first one and would have gotten knocked out if he'd stayed on his feet. My point was that if Diaz can knock him out(which he would have ) so can Mayweather.

10 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Look I agree that Conor boxed the best over both fights but he did gas in the first one and would have gotten knocked out if he'd stayed on his feet. My point was that if Diaz can knock him out(which he would have ) so can Mayweather.

I don't disagree with that at all really. Conor will be dangerous in the opening rounds though, honestly.

The bookies are only offering mayweather a 84/85% chance of victory. I presume all the super confident Mayweather fans are going to make a lot of money betting on a huge margin there the bookies are offering?

3 minutes ago, BradHorse said:

I don't disagree with that at all really. Conor will be dangerous in the opening rounds though, honestly.

The bookies are only offering mayweather a 84/85% chance of victory. I presume all the super confident Mayweather fans are going to make a lot of money betting on a huge margin there the bookies are offering?

If I had a million quid I'd back Mayweather but I don't. Those odds are well out probably to take account of all the tenners getting put on McGregor.

2 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

If I had a million quid I'd back Mayweather but I don't. Those odds are well out probably to take account of all the tenners getting put on McGregor.

Yeah, exactly. The odds are far too much on McGregor's side so if he has no chance then 1/6 for Mayweather is great.

1 minute ago, BradHorse said:

Yeah, exactly. The odds are far too much on McGregor's side so if he has no chance then 1/6 for Mayweather is great.

It is great odds. As far as I'm concerned he does have no chance. I didn't give Pac much of a chance and he's an all time great.

1 minute ago, AUFC90 said:

It is great odds. As far as I'm concerned he does have no chance. I didn't give Pac much of a chance and he's an all time great.

Bet the house then man. 

Just now, AUFC90 said:

OK then, I'm sure you'll have cash on Conor in the early rounds because he will be "dangerous" then :lol:.

Aye I forgot that was my lame signature so I deleted it but the point still stands.

If bookies offered evens on McGregor winning one of the first 4 rounds I'd be all over it. 

For what it's worth I think it will be fought as a legitimate contest although I fully expect Mayweather to win. As said by another poster though any puncher has a chance so Conor could land one on him but that's his only chance.

How else do you suppose he wins?

Of course it doesn't really matter because McGregor will be splattered across the canvas. He's earned himself a nice pay packet. This has visions of Audley Harrison v David Haye as a contest. Except worse.

Just now, BradHorse said:

Aye I forgot that was my lame signature so I deleted it but the point still stands.

If bookies offered evens on McGregor winning one of the first 4 rounds I'd be all over it. 

So would everyone....the Mayweather side....including you ;) 

Floyd has been exclusively training penalty shootouts since he was like 10. Conor is an excellent footballer who is good at penalties.

Does he have a chance? A little one.

1 minute ago, BradHorse said:

Floyd has been exclusively training penalty shootouts since he was like 10. Conor is an excellent footballer who is good at penalties.

Does he have a chance? A little one.

Floyd is greatest defensive boxer I have ever seen. Conor is an amateur boxer that is good at knocking out lesser boxers than himself. He has no chance. 

I don't like to say people have no chance in sporting events but this is the exception. Like Hatton said..."Canelo couldn't hit him, De La Hoya couldn't hit him, I couldn't hit him, McGregor can't hit him.

5 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Floyd is greatest defensive boxer I have ever seen. Conor is an amateur boxer that is good at knocking out lesser boxers than himself. He has no chance. 

I don't like to say people have no chance in sporting events but this is the exception. Like Hatton said..."Canelo couldn't hit him, De La Hoya couldn't hit him, I couldn't hit him, McGregor can't hit him.

Hatton is punch-drunk and at the bad end of a cocaine addiction. Which is quite sad, tbh.

He's maybe not wrong there but McGregor will land some shots in the early rounds.

Mayweather had zero issue with it being at 154lbs - because that meant the bigger gloves. He knows Conor's only chance is in the early rounds and Conor will have success then. 

Archived