It's Been 5 Years

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

:lol: for 5 years we have been told the fans will flock away . 

That poor season when the ground was half empty must have been a mass hallucination  :whistle

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We sold out our stadium all throughout the divisions , filled away allocations to the brim. And even after last season still had the highest amount of renewals going into this summer . We won't go away you know :lol:

Wouldn't be so sure. The last team to play in that stadium filled it for years and they went away.

28 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

When there was a boycott carried out by a fan group you mean ?

Aye, that's the one. The boycott due to the team not running away with the league.

19 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

:lol: for 5 years we have been told the fans will flock away . 

So that was just an illusion that when results were going badly over the last few years that the fans were leaving in their droves. Just because you are gullible enough to believe the lies to make you buy season tickets doesn't mean it improves your loyalties any. A few dodgy results this season and a realisation that Celtic are a Universe apart from you then watch the stadium empty.

26 minutes ago, Paralytic Critic said:

So that was just an illusion that when results were going badly over the last few years that the fans were leaving in their droves. Just because you are gullible enough to believe the lies to make you buy season tickets doesn't mean it improves your loyalties any. A few dodgy results this season and a realisation that Celtic are a Universe apart from you then watch the stadium empty.

Apart from the games round about the time of the organised boycott led by sons of struth (I still went at this point before you ask ) when has the fans "left in their droves"? And did we not just have a season where we reliased Celtic are a universe apart considering they finished just shy of 40 points ahead of us? Yet here we still are with 40 000 season tickets and selling out stocks of merchandise .so enough of yer pish already .

16 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aye, that's the one. The boycott due to the team not running away with the league.

Think it was more along the lines of wanting the easdales and such removed from the board and also rid Ashley of the power he seemed to be having over our club . But I guess you know that already . It's one of the great ironies of pie and bovril , we are ridiculed for doing nothing yet also reidiculed for doing something to save our club  :lol:

..since you looked at me
Cocked your head to the side
and said I'm angry
Five days since you laughed at me saying
Get that together come back and see me
Three days since the living room,
I realized it's all my fault, but couldn't tell you
Yesterday you'd forgiven me
But it'll still be two days till I say I'm sorry

6 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Think it was more along the lines of wanting the easdales and such removed from the board and also rid Ashley of the power he seemed to be having over our club . But I guess you know that already . It's one of the great ironies of pie and bovril , we are ridiculed for doing nothing yet also reidiculed for doing something to save our club  :lol:

No worthwhile boycott would have happened if you'd been running away with the league. But I guess you know that already.

Your club didn't need "saving"; it was just being run for the benefit of the owners and investors, like it has been since the start. The only difference is the team was shite on the field. Your chairman is a convicted crook and shameless liar, but your club won't need "saving" from him if you run away with the league next season. I'm sure there'll be another boycott if there's no sign of that happening in the near future, however, at which point his tawdry history will suddenly become an issue.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

No worthwhile boycott would have happened if you'd been running away with the league. But I guess you know that already.

Your club didn't need "saving"; it was just being run for the benefit of the owners and investors, like it has been since the start. The only difference is the team was shite on the field. Your chairman is a convicted crook and shameless liar, but your club won't need "saving" from him if you run away with the league next season. I'm sure there'll be another boycott if there's no sign of that happening in the near future, however, at which point his tawdry history will suddenly become an issue.

Well why did the crowds return after march of that same poor season? It was still the same shite squad achieving the same shite results Once the boardroom battle was over . Talk of the boycott and protests even began towards the tail end of the second division season . 

8 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

:lol: 

Fat Dave isnae happy.

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Well why did the crowds return after march of that same poor season? Once the boardroom battle was over . Talk of the boycott and protests even began towards the tail end of the second division season . 

You were going up now that the good guys were in, mind? It hasn't been that long.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

:lol: 

Fat Dave isnae happy.

A wee Rangers thread now and then is always a laugh, Bennett.

Archived