Jump to content
pumphy_man

East Region South League 2017/8

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Legend5 said:

Oakley and Glenrothes bigger than dundonald?

Historically yes, Oakley and Glenrothes were winning trophies consistently in the  80s and 90s, Glenrothes from 60s onwards were top team in Fife. Apart from a few trophies its only recently Dundonald have been as good as they are now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Your having a laugh if your trying to say that there the only 2 clubs bigger than Lochgelly in Fife? I’d find it harder naming 2 clubs smaller than Lochgelly.  Oakley and Glenrothes are 2 jobs bigger than Dundonald for starters.


That's some statement

Dundonald playing regular premier/super league football for the last ten years compared to up and down just surviving football from Oakley and the glens

I would go as far to say the bluebell have finished above both those teams every season gogsy is the man to confirm that though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fife junior expert but I know which job I would take if it came up and it would not be oakley or glens. Dundonald then HoB before either of the above!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legend5 said:

Not a fife junior expert but I know which job I would take if it came up and it would not be oakley or glens. Dundonald then HoB before either of the above!

Of course Glens are a bigger club than Dundonald. Your only basing your opinion on current league positions. Do you think Star Hearts are a bigger club than Glenrothes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anychance said:

 


That's some statement

Dundonald playing regular premier/super league football for the last ten years compared to up and down just surviving football from Oakley and the glens

I would go as far to say the bluebell have finished above both those teams every season gogsy is the man to confirm that though

 

Am old enough to remember Oakley and Glenrothes dominate the Fife league late 60s through into the 80s a dinny need Gogsy too confirm anything. Av probably forgotten more from back then than hes ever known aboot junior fitbaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Oak Lee said:

Am old enough to remember Oakley and Glenrothes dominate the Fife league late 60s through into the 80s a dinny need Gogsy too confirm anything. Av probably forgotten more from back then than hes ever known aboot junior fitbaw.

Well your club website gives a grand total of six trophies won between 70/1 and 79/80 seasons. Given that there would be usually four local cups and a league to be played for in that time six out of fifty isn't dominating. I'm pretty sure Oakley's record in the period from 64-70 wasn't any better than that either. Eighties were clearly when the most successful for Oakley , before that you were not any more successful than the likes of Newburgh, St Andrews, Lochgelly Albert etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oak Lee said:

Am old enough to remember Oakley and Glenrothes dominate the Fife league late 60s through into the 80s

Read what a said again Gogsy.  From season 65-66 until 85-86 unless am mistaken, the Fife league was won by either Oakley or Glenrothes on 15 occasions. Am pretty sure a never said anything aboot cups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oak Lee said:

Read what a said again Gogsy.  From season 65-66 until 85-86 unless am mistaken, the Fife league was won by either Oakley or Glenrothes on 15 occasions. Am pretty sure a never said anything aboot cups.

So Glens dominated and Oakley won it four times in twenty one seasons so youre trying to take some of the limelight of Glenrothes.

Oakley league winners 4 times in 21 years isn't dominating anyone. Im not having a go here, four league wins in that spell is good, just not as good as you claim it was,

Edited by gogsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×