East Region South League 2017/8

pumphy_man

2 minutes ago, The Doctor 46 said:

Firstly we would have benefited from the game  being played on a different day why do you think we asked for it? It wasn’t because we thought “ listen guys there’s nothing on the tele on Friday night how do you fancy a bounce game wi Bo’ness ‘  We were missing players  so we had asked that the fixture was moved, and as Easthouses proved it was a big success the only difference was that Bonnyrigg showed class and agreed where sadly Bo’ness are classless on and off the park.

When you have experienced players your      ( No2) threatening to “ break yer fucking leg” to a 17 year old boy in only his second junior start it’s time a reality check was done. Am pretty sure some of the decent gents that follow your team would be disgusted if they had heard that. Bottom line you let yourselves down and let’s face it your no Linlithgow Rose!  

Anyway as far as the game went it was totally a game of two halves, we dominated the first and Bo’ness did the second.

Everyone that pulled on a Cauther top yesterday can be very proud of themselves! 

Okay, I can accept why you wanted it on a Friday but speaking for myself, I would have found it hard to get to the game after work.  Equally, I'm sure our supporters club would have found it difficult to arrange transport at short notice and let's face it, more than half of the crowd were from Bo'ness.

The 'threat' you mention, was that during the spat they had that led to both being carded?  If so, plenty is said in the heat of the moment and if true, it's certainly not the first time in football history that threat's been made.  I'm not justifying it but come on.....I take it none of your players have ever tried to intimidate others?  If you say 'no' you are a liar.

Thank you for complimenting us on not being like the wee rose.  That is certainly most comforting.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Okay, I can accept why you wanted it on a Friday but speaking for myself, I would have found it hard to get to the game after work.  Equally, I'm sure our supporters club would have found it difficult to arrange transport at short notice and let's face it, more than half of the crowd were from Bo'ness.

The 'threat' you mention, was that during the spat they had that led to both being carded?  If so, plenty is said in the heat of the moment and if true, it's certainly not the first time in football history that threat's been made.  I'm not justifying it but come on.....I take it none of your players have ever tried to intimidate others?  If you say 'no' you are a liar.

Thank you for complimenting us on not being like the wee rose.  That is certainly most comforting.

That’s total rubbish folk wouldn’t be able to make the game if it was arranged for Friday night, if your a true supporter you follow your team whatever night it was it was a case of the big team flexing their muscle and being petulant end off!

I can hand on heart say I’ve never heard of any our players threatening to break an opponents leg in the heat of the moment or otherwise that is a ridiculous statement to make, I suppose your just living up to the “dirty Bo’ness “ tag.

Anyway you’ve now had your say with us peasants in this lower league forum so jog on back to the Super League chat while you can cos next year there’s a good chance it will be Premier League you ll be chatting on !

Don't come with the 'true' supporter shite.  As I don't drive, I would have been unable to get to West Calder after work.  You totally ignore the issue regarding booking a bus, for the supporters who are, in the majority pensioners.

My comment on threats comes from watching football at all levels from kids to European level and I can assure you such threats are made regularly.  Not with the intention of ever carrying it out but just to keep a nippy player in his place.

Your last paragraph is childish.  Stop acting the victim and your club will prosper.  We may well be down with you next season but as a 'true' supporter I'll still be there.

35 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Don't come with the 'true' supporter shite.  As I don't drive, I would have been unable to get to West Calder after work.  You totally ignore the issue regarding booking a bus, for the supporters who are, in the majority pensioners.

My comment on threats comes from watching football at all levels from kids to European level and I can assure you such threats are made regularly.  Not with the intention of ever carrying it out but just to keep a nippy player in his place.

Your last paragraph is childish.  Stop acting the victim and your club will prosper.  We may well be down with you next season but as a 'true' supporter I'll still be there.

F08F1A58-A424-4716-AE2A-3B0980AD7CB6.gif

A lot of good games in the league today, we travel over to Kirkcaldy to play a team that’s lost a lot of goals lately however according to all accounts put in a strong performance against a good Hoose team last week so could be difficult.

Kirkcaldy 1-6 West Calder

Professional is probably the best way to describe our performance today, the guys knocked the ball about well and were up 3-0 after 15 mins. As results have shown Kirkcaldy have got problems but to their credit tried to play football. By half time it was 4 nil.

Another 2 for us in the second half and one for Kirkcaldy  wrapped things up. 

Am not gonna start slating a very poor Kirkcaldy team on here but it must be painful to watch and play there at the moment.

On 14/10/2017 at 19:34, number4 said:

Oakley 1 pumpherston 4
Wasn’t there but lost 2 goals in the first 5 mins thru penalty’s and was no way back,pumpherston the better team

The early 2  McRitchie penalties  settled us in what could have been a tricky game for us(whether you were missing players or not Lee).Third goal had a hint of offside about it going by the defence.Fourth goal must be a contender for goal of the season couple of our players with wee fancy flicks leading to Shaw  volleying home from 20 yards. Oakley had a wee flurry in second half and pulled a consolation goal back .Pumphy had chances for more but Wortley pulled of a stunning save to deny Wilkins.McRitchie could have had his hatrick but headed  just over the bar. 

The tough games keep coming though with Crossgates visiting us next saturday after their 3-3 draw with Armadale today.

South League top scorers

13 LOVE (WCU)

8 T.HENDRY( E UTD)

7 McGURK (LIVI) SAMPSON (PUMP)

6 McLEAN( LIVI) HAMPSON (ROSY) McRITCHIE (PUMP)

5 WATT (CGATES) GARVEY (E UTD) ROBERTSON (ARMA) BUCKLEY (EAST)DUFFY (OAK) 

4 WILKIE McKENZIE (CGATES) DEVINE ((WCU) CONAGHAN MURRAY RICHARDSON (E UTD)

KANE (ARMA) GUY (CRAIG) CHITMERE (ROSY) SHAW  NICHOLSON (PUMP)

3 HUGHES McNEISH (CGATES) RICHFORD (HART) GREY ALLISON (ARMA)OSBOURNE (CRAIG)

RUSSELL (ROSY) ALLAN (OAK) DUFFY (LGELLY) WILKINS (PUMP) REENEY (KIRK)

2 RUSSELL (LIVI) McDONALD PATERSON ALLAN HIGGINS COULTER (CGATES)

DOYLE McALLISTER (HART) MORRISON ADAMS FYFFE INGLIS (WCU)

McKinley ( E UTD) ERSKINE (ARMA) MOONEY (STONEY) DINGWALL STENHOUSE

D'ANGELO (CRAIG) OGG PAYNE (ROSY) YOUNG SHEARER RUSSELL (ROSY)

BEAUMONT RENDALL HASTINGS CARROLL (PUMP)

18 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

South League top scorers

13 LOVE (WCU)

8 T.HENDRY( E UTD)

7 McGURK (LIVI) SAMPSON (PUMP)

6 McLEAN( LIVI) HAMPSON (ROSY) McRITCHIE (PUMP)

5 WATT (CGATES) GARVEY (E UTD) ROBERTSON (ARMA) BUCKLEY (EAST)DUFFY (OAK) 

4 WILKIE McKENZIE (CGATES) DEVINE ((WCU) CONAGHAN MURRAY RICHARDSON (E UTD)

KANE (ARMA) GUY (CRAIG) CHITMERE (ROSY) SHAW  NICHOLSON (PUMP)

3 HUGHES McNEISH (CGATES) RICHFORD (HART) GREY ALLISON (ARMA)OSBOURNE (CRAIG)

RUSSELL (ROSY) ALLAN (OAK) DUFFY (LGELLY) WILKINS (PUMP) REENEY (KIRK)

2 RUSSELL (LIVI) McDONALD PATERSON ALLAN HIGGINS COULTER (CGATES)

DOYLE McALLISTER (HART) MORRISON ADAMS FYFFE INGLIS (WCU)

McKinley ( E UTD) ERSKINE (ARMA) MOONEY (STONEY) DINGWALL STENHOUSE

D'ANGELO (CRAIG) OGG PAYNE (ROSY) YOUNG SHEARER RUSSELL (ROSY)

BEAUMONT RENDALL HASTINGS CARROLL (PUMP)

That’s a great return for Davie Love also played a game less than the next top scorer!

Class act!

7 hours ago, The Doctor 46 said:

That’s a great return for Davie Love also played a game less than the next top scorer!

Class act!

That's just league not sure how many cup goals he has.McRitchie is on 9 including cup goals

Pumpherston 2 Crossgates Primrose 0

Another battling performance from us today against a well organised Crossgates who have shown massive improvement from last season.A McRitchie goal early in both half's gave us all three points we had chances to s ore more and they found our keeper on form as well as having one cleared of the line.

On to next week now away to Rosyth who had an impressive 2-0 win at West Calder which lifted us in to second place.

West Calder 0-2 Rosyth

Not a great day at the office this afternoon for us, we missed a penalty in the first half when the game was still evens and prob not a lot in it.

Rosyth scored a goal in each half to deservedly take the three points. We put in a lot of effort but felt like our decision making was not good and let us down.  Some personnel and formation changes at halftime  certainly helped but it just wasn’t going to be our day.

Am sure Gary and Deek will pass on their words of wisdom to the guys in training next week and we ll see a different performance in the cup next week.

Archived