Show us yer 2017/2018 Strips

Based on what I've seen on Twitter I am clearly in the minority but I think that Saint Mirren top looks pretty smart. Better with gold rather than red I reckon.

I quite like it too, surprised with the reaction it's getting.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ExxyJj said:

S'awright. Bit bland, bit boring. At least it's stripes all the way down the back, rather than the big block of white or black we usually get with Joma.

Looks like the kit is in need of some pre season itself..

If it has stripes on the sleeves then that will be quite smart (the photo makes it look like it does but the mock up doesn't?). I always associate St Mirren with more white than black though (and white shorts) - this kinda looks like a fairly decent Dunfermline kit. 

I don't know why more clubs do not follow Morton's recovery from a disastrous choice by a former club executive.  What was a relatively new board at the time abandoned mainstream manufacturers and had a competition to submit designs with the top six going to a fan vote.  We repeated the exercise this season for the away strip and at the same time established our own brand - 1874 - the year  Morton were founded.  Result?  Last year strip sales were two and a half times the year before.  This year already tartan strip sales are significantly ahead of that. 

The customer is king! 

I don't know why more clubs do not follow Morton's recovery from a disastrous choice by a former club executive.  What was a relatively new board at the time abandoned mainstream manufacturers and had a competition to submit designs with the top six going to a fan vote.  We repeated the exercise this season for the away strip and at the same time established our own brand - 1874 - the year  Morton were founded.  Result?  Last year strip sales were two and a half times the year before.  This year already tartan strip sales are significantly ahead of that. 
The customer is king! 

With all due respect, you won't get a decent brand doing a design a shirt competition. They are far too protective of their designs/options and have much longer production times so to do that would almost be coming out to the fans in the September for the next again season.

47 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

With all due respect, you won't get a decent brand doing a design a shirt competition. They are far too protective of their designs/options and have much longer production times so to do that would almost be coming out to the fans in the September for the next again season.

Our home strip as chosen by fans last year was sourced from an independent supplier to a quality specification.   It is every bit as good as any of the branded makes we have had but sold far better - our fans get what they want! This year's away strip has done even better sales wise and was available for sale way ahead of any of the brands!  By going independent we get control over design and quality.  Nike, Macron and others can stick their catalogues elsewhere!  Why would we want them to participate in a design competition?

Our home strip as chosen by fans last year was sourced from an independent supplier to a quality specification.   It is every bit as good as any of the branded makes we have had but sold far better - our fans get what they want! This year's away strip has done even better sales wise and was available for sale way ahead of any of the brands!  By going independent we get control over design and quality.  Nike, Macron and others can stick their catalogues elsewhere!  Why would we want them to participate in a design competition?

I agree with this

I actually think both Morton kits are crap but at least the fans choose them.

The away one imo is rank, preferred the choice that had the inverclyde crane but again at least fans picked

The only year I remember a saints fan designing our kit they were belters and we win the cup

It seems to be working for Morton, which is fine. But you asked why more clubs don't do it & my point was that most clubs want a recognised brand for various reasons and as such would rarely go down the "vote" route.

Out of interest how many shirts would Morton sell?

Over the last few years, we have shifted over 5000 between home & away shirts each season.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

It seems to be working for Morton, which is fine. But you asked why more clubs don't do it & my point was that most clubs want a recognised brand for various reasons and as such would rarely go down the "vote" route.

Out of interest how many shirts would Morton sell?

Over the last few years, we have shifted over 5000 between home & away shirts each season.

The last two seasons we have had superb kits but I am more than a little surprised at the 5k figure you quote. 

Are you sure?

The last two seasons we have had superb kits but I am more than a little surprised at the 5k figure you quote. 
Are you sure?

Yeah, the minimum order used to be circa 2000 shirts per style however the Foundation/Community teams now also get kitted out to the tune of around 1000 which may or may not be in the totals.

I know that the pre/post cup final #10 shirts had 2 x 3000 orders according to the shop at the time.

14 hours ago, Tonsilitis said:

The customer is king! 

Dumbarton made own brand "1872" kits about 3 or 4 years ago, I don't think you can claim that as some sort of stroke of genius by Morton. You'll know the price of these own brand designs can cost more to make so it's not as straightforward as just getting the design and coining it in.

I don't know why more clubs do not follow Morton's recovery from a disastrous choice by a former club executive.  What was a relatively new board at the time abandoned mainstream manufacturers and had a competition to submit designs with the top six going to a fan vote.  

lol wut

Douglas Rae and several other key board members have been there for fully fifteen years. A 'relatively new board' indeed.

The addition of the club tea lady doesn't actually represent a new broom sweeping them out.

Dumbarton made own brand "1872" kits about 3 or 4 years ago, I don't think you can claim that as some sort of stroke of genius by Morton. You'll know the price of these own brand designs can cost more to make so it's not as straightforward as just getting the design and coining it in.

Don't let those pesky facts get in the way of his attempt to puff up his revolutionary contribution to Scottish football.

Getting the fans involved is great, and the correct decision given the initial shiter of a kit we were going to have.

But clubs should really be hiring staff capable of selecting at least a half-decent kit - involving the fans by choice is a positive step, but needing to involve them is a whole other story.

To sing the glories of averting a potential commercial disaster... why not examine how the disaster nearly happened in the first place? :thumbsdown

Quite like the Queens home top, especially the detailing with the badge. Away still looks iffy. Probably even more so now the badge is on - had the badge been the same colour of garish green as the collar trim then it might have actually looked OK in a knock-off of an old Chelsea away kit kinda way.

Queens tops with sponsors logoA4L-1718-tops.jpg

The home top is still a cracker even with the sponsors logo.

The badge and logo being white on the away top is just the cherry on top of what is comfortably the worst strip we have ever produced.

The fact it doesn't even serve its purpose as a changed strip for a number of teams in the league makes it even worse.

58 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Quite like the Queens home top, especially the detailing with the badge. Away still looks iffy. Probably even more so now the badge is on - had the badge been the same colour of garish green as the collar trim then it might have actually looked OK in a knock-off of an old Chelsea away kit kinda way.

I wasnt convinced, but you're probably right

59502a1c7570a_A4L-1718-top2s2.thumb.jpg.af86f762acad3e4f176ae98574bfdaeb.jpg

On 24 June 2017 at 13:55, virginton said:

lol wut

Douglas Rae and several other key board members have been there for fully fifteen years. A 'relatively new board' indeed.

The addition of the club tea lady doesn't actually represent a new broom sweeping them out.

Don't let those pesky facts get in the way of his attempt to puff up his revolutionary contribution to Scottish football.

Dunno what you have against the guy, but there's no denying the fact that he, Warren Hawke and others have made positive changes in and around Cappielow since they came in, and yet all you can do is snipe away on a personal level rather than give the guys any credit at all for the improvements made.

Small-minded and negative as per usual, that's your contribution, but of course given your previous there's no reason to expect anything else. Quite sad, really.

Archived