Show us yer 2017/2018 Strips

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, RiG said:

Inverness-New-Kit-2017-18.jpg

Oooffft. I thought I was having a hidious flashback to mushies I scranned in the early 80's. Even when I put my shades on this photo hurt my eyes. :(

The Motherwell away one is really smart although it looks more like an Edinburgh Rugby top tbh. 

Are Falkirk also going down the one-colour route with blue shorts for their home kit? Not sure if that'll look right. I see they have Puma kits and their strange dots up the sleeve - if they'd been white or red it may have looked better? The away one is nice enough mind you. 

I taken it Queens haven't got a sponsor on board yet? I hope for their sake they do - the kits look like bargain basement Sports Direct stuff without, even if the away top would be nice enough as a leisure t-shirt. Any news on the other kits yet? Our home one is revealed next week I think. Should be a bespoke one so if it's candy stripes it won't have the solid sleeves like the awful St Johnstone kits.

We've only released our away kit. The home is apparently going to be 'bespoke' and not a template as a reward for being with Nike for so long. I hope we get rid of them as soon as possible (especially when you see the quality of people like Macron).

0021309_ss-away-jsy-17-18-junior.jpeg

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The Motherwell away one is really smart although it looks more like an Edinburgh Rugby top tbh. 

Are Falkirk also going down the one-colour route with blue shorts for their home kit? Not sure if that'll look right. I see they have Puma kits and their strange dots up the sleeve - if they'd been white or red it may have looked better? The away one is nice enough mind you. 

I taken it Queens haven't got a sponsor on board yet? I hope for their sake they do - the kits look like bargain basement Sports Direct stuff without, even if the away top would be nice enough as a leisure t-shirt. Any news on the other kits yet? Our home one is revealed next week I think. Should be a bespoke one so if it's candy stripes it won't have the solid sleeves like the awful St Johnstone kits.

The shirts are always revealed on the night of the shirt sponsorship draw so dont have a sponsor on them.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

We've only released our away kit. The home is apparently going to be 'bespoke' and not a template as a reward for being with Nike for so long. I hope we get rid of them as soon as possible (especially when you see the quality of people like Macron).

Our two home kits have both been Macron custom designs

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

The shirts are always revealed on the night of the shirt sponsorship draw so dont have a sponsor on them.

Our two home kits have both been Macron custom designs

Is it was enough for you to get stuff from Macron?

From buying Scotland and Glasgow Warriors kit from them, their customer services can be an absolute horror show.

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is it was enough for you to get stuff from Macron?

From buying Scotland and Glasgow Warriors kit from them, their customer services can be an absolute horror show.

You mean easy enough?

Im not directly involved but I dont recall anyone mentioning any issues last season and the kits, with sponsor, are due soon this year. From what I've heard they were a lot better than TT/Joma

It makes you wonder who actually decides on the kits for the season.  Strange how for example Queen of the South have an agreeable first kit and then a second one which produces howls of laughter/horror.  It's the fans who will decide whether or not to buy replica kits and so it would sometimes be good to put it to them.  Look what happened with Morton last year - how much money was spent on their original idea before fans kicked up (quite rightly) a huge furore in order to reinstall the hoops.

10 minutes ago, doonhamer64 said:

It makes you wonder who actually decides on the kits for the season.  Strange how for example Queen of the South have an agreeable first kit and then a second one which produces howls of laughter/horror.  It's the fans who will decide whether or not to buy replica kits and so it would sometimes be good to put it to them.  Look what happened with Morton last year - how much money was spent on their original idea before fans kicked up (quite rightly) a huge furore in order to reinstall the hoops.

The Queens home top is a bespoke design and the away one out of Macrons catalogue, so its not necessarily a fair comparison.

The fans chose the away top five or six years ago. There wasnt a huge amount of votes cast and we ended up with the red and black stripes which some people liked and some hated.

I really don't get the hate for our away top. I don't think it looks any more like a golf shirt than any other football top does (witness the fact Ian Poulter once wore an Arsenal top as a golf shirt in a European Tour event). I think it's the best away top we've had in a very long time personally (pending the fact I haven't seen one with a sponsor logo on it yet).

The home one is growing on me. Initially I didn't think it was as good as this years (as far as I know it's exactly the same fabric incidentally so shouldn't be a different colour) but the more I see it, the more I like it.

I really don't get the hate for our away top. I don't think it looks any more like a golf shirt than any other football top does (witness the fact Ian Poulter once wore an Arsenal top as a golf shirt in a European Tour event). I think it's the best away top we've had in a very long time personally (pending the fact I haven't seen one with a sponsor logo on it yet).

1497612314051.jpg

The home one is growing on me. Initially I didn't think it was as good as this years (as far as I know it's exactly the same fabric incidentally so shouldn't be a different colour) but the more I see it, the more I like it.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion SD but have you ever been on a golf course, in the golf section of a sports shop or even watched golf on the TV?!
Our away top ticks all the boxes in a golf polo shirt lookalike competition. You're kidding yourself on if you think otherwise.
For your benefit here is what a golf polo shirt looks like [emoji6]

IMG_1497612736.251763.jpg

As for the home kit, how good would that top look with the old style QOSFC badge in diagonal letter [emoji7]

IMG_1497612915.362491.jpg

It looks absolutely horrible.

13 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Home kit shorts:

rBVaEFcyrzaADMUlAACF_0wAkCc925.jpg

I'm told big Nat is the longest in the showers, so those sorts won't cope. 

A loddie hinging aff a cock. 

Archived