Show us yer 2017/2018 Strips

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You think?

I quite like it...

Not for me Paddy. 

Preferred our Crest as it was. It was just jumping on a bandwagon, when other Clubs started adding stars for Euro wins, Cups, Titles, *eating comps etc. :P

Leave the stars to the Italians for their Scudetto wins.

I'll still buy our home shirt when it eventually appears of course.

*nonsense

It was on the front instead on the sample one. I haven't seen the completed replicas yet though.
Edit - Checked tonight. The badge within the fabric is on the front with the real badge in the middle of it rather than on the back.

Spot on. Will be getting purchased.

Apart from how the kit actually looks, I guess we'll be wearing our away kit four times against QotS then?

Surely should be more of a contrast there. (Unless there's a third option from last season or whatever - haven't read the whole thread).

28 minutes ago, doonhamer64 said:

Same thing when we play Inverness.  Whoever chose the Queens away top has not taken contrast into consideration - which is the whole point of an away kit! 

Well no, it was taken into consideration, which is why there will be a seldom seen third white kit if necessary. We'll probably need it against Falkirk (and Raith had they stayed up or we get them or a similarly dark kitted team in the cup). I would have though the grey might be ok against Inverness. Plenty of red in their kit to contrast too.

In League terms our blue kit will be fine at Brechin, Dundee Utd, St Mirren, Dunfermline, Dumbarton & Livingston. It will also be fine at Stenhousemuir and Hamilton in the League Cup. The grey one will be fine against Morton and possibly Inverness. Though it's possible we may choose to wear it away to some others. If the match referee doesn't like it against Falkirk (or Inverness) we'll wear the third kit.

Red names and numbers. Red isn't really a St Mirren colour, is it? Gold looks nicer and matches the Joma logo.

Also, that second picture is a completely different strip :blink:

5 minutes ago, ExxyJj said:

Red names and numbers. Red isn't really a St Mirren colour, is it? Gold looks nicer and matches the Joma logo.

Also, that second picture is a completely different strip :blink:

Yea. Our Away kit has nearly always been red and red has always been used on the numbers. Although I do like the gold in the above.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Yea. Our Away kit has nearly always been red and red has always been used on the numbers. Although I do like the gold in the above.

Right enough, was forgetting the away. Gold definitely looks better but might just be a bit more difficult to see from a distance.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well no, it was taken into consideration, which is why there will be a seldom seen third white kit if necessary. We'll probably need it against Falkirk (and Raith had they stayed up or we get them or a similarly dark kitted team in the cup). I would have though the grey might be ok against Inverness. Plenty of red in their kit to contrast too.

In League terms our blue kit will be fine at Brechin, Dundee Utd, St Mirren, Dunfermline, Dumbarton & Livingston. It will also be fine at Stenhousemuir and Hamilton in the League Cup. The grey one will be fine against Morton and possibly Inverness. Though it's possible we may choose to wear it away to some others. If the match referee doesn't like it against Falkirk (or Inverness) we'll wear the third kit.

What exactly is the point in an away top that isn't suitable for potentially 2/3rds of the teams that we need it for? Defeats the purpose of such a kit.

Based on what I've seen on Twitter I am clearly in the minority but I think that Saint Mirren top looks pretty smart. Better with gold rather than red I reckon.

34 minutes ago, RiG said:

Based on what I've seen on Twitter I am clearly in the minority but I think that Saint Mirren top looks pretty smart. Better with gold rather than red I reckon.

I like the look of the second pictures posted by the club on twitter. If it's the first picture, it doesn't look great(would be better without the skyview sponsor taking up a lot of the kit)

All of this could have been avoided of course had we gone with a more traditional yellow away kit!! [emoji35]

Archived