Ante Post Betting 2017/2018

On 02/08/2017 at 18:26, Latino Lover said:

The pessimist in me sees 9/2 Newcastle relegation value and sunderland 6/1 promotion a wee bit too big. Got today's racing post so will peruse that when I get chance and probably get more on. 

Sunderland signed Blackburns garbage goalie last week. If he is the regular #1 they'll be nowhere near promotion! Still in disbelief a team actually paid a fee for him.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Sunderland signed Blackburns garbage goalie last week. If he is the regular #1 they'll be nowhere near promotion! Still in disbelief a team actually paid a fee for him.

They've got another keeper now as apparently he was dreadful on debut.

Sunderland 2017 seem to be like Villa 2016. There's no way they'll go down, but they seem to be in a bit of disarray and I can't see them going up, either.

I like Larry, but if I was a Sunderland fan I would probably find him a bit of an uninspiring appointment.

Juventus have had a pretty poor transfer window, while Napoli at least seem to have kept their squad together. Roma will probably be pretty competitive again as well, depending on how they use their transfer money. 4/6 is not good value. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Just stuck a £5 each on Arsenal to finish in the bottom 10 at 25/1 and Arsenal to get relegated at 750/1. They're a disaster.

6 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

You may as well have just set fire to a tenner.

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

I detest Arsenal but thats two horrific bets

That's what I'd have said about Leicester at 5000/1. I agree though.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Newcastle relegation went as short as 7/4 ish on Betfair but I held on expecting defeat at West Ham and 7 point since have pushed the price right back out, so in other words no as that’s my only significant one.  Got a few quid on Sevilla and a score on Barca for the champions league and both have drifted! Man City are a lay for me at that price don’t think they have the experience to go all the way.  Yet to really get stuck into World Cup betting, in the lead up last time I just put half of every free bet I got on germany and the other half on Spain but don’t get too many nowadays 

My season bets in recent weeks have taken a turn for the worst.
(At least I can't be called an aftertimer [emoji23])

Got £450 on Dundee Utd, Ayr and Peterhead to win the Scottish Lower Leagues for £5000.

Got £100 on those 3 plus Hibs for the top 6 for £1500.

Was having a look at the Premier League Outright Handicap on Betfair the other day. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Everton started the season with a handicap of +18 which is mental given that they finished 32 points adrift of Chelsea last season, lost their top scorer and had a pretty poor summer transfer window. Didn't catch the pre-season price, but that seems like a pretty obvious lay.

ETA: They'd currently be on 45 points (27 actual + 18 handicap) and Man City are the current pace-setters in that market (62 + 0 handicap).

I have £10 on;

Aberdeen to win the Premiership without Celtic
Juventus to win Serie A
Bayern to win Bundesliga
Brighton to be relegated
Wolves to be promoted
Blackburn to be promoted.

Brighton are the only ones not right in the mix just now so hoping for a great collapse between now and May.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived