East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone able to solve confusion
Is Bathgate v Tayport this weekend march 10 at Bathgate or Tayport
East region say at Tayport but we say at Bathagte and there is no ref appointed on the ref page on sfa website
Need to know for defo before setting off for Bathgate if its at Tayport

1 hour ago, East Fife is best said:

Anyone able to solve confusion
Is Bathgate v Tayport this weekend march 10 at Bathgate or Tayport
East region say at Tayport but we say at Bathagte and there is no ref appointed on the ref page on sfa website
Need to know for defo before setting off for Bathgate if its at Tayport

On the fixtures last week it was Tayport v Bathgate 

Go with that. It's pissing down In West Lothian tonight anyway

Looking forward to the match up at Tayport next weekend. Great wee ground and one of the best tuck shops in Junior football!

One ask! If the match is going to be called off, don't wait till 2.30am on the Saturday to say so when the away team already know. Whilst Burnie got it right the day before, poor show from the Blackburn officials!

1 hour ago, Toffee fan said:

Looking forward to the match up at Tayport next weekend. Great wee ground and one of the best tuck shops in Junior football!

One ask! If the match is going to be called off, don't wait till 2.30am on the Saturday to say so when the away team already know. Whilst Burnie got it right the day before, poor show from the Blackburn officials!

Sorry, what was a poor show?  The game was called off on Friday night.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor day for the West Lothian teams - all losing except Whitburn who thumped St Andrews 7-2 despite being kicked off the park by the over-physical  visitors. Referee didn't help with some very strange and lenient decisions.

3 hours ago, shuggie123 said:

Poor day for the West Lothian teams - all losing except Whitburn who thumped St Andrews 7-2 despite being kicked off the park by the over-physical  visitors. Referee didn't help with some very strange and lenient decisions.

Fantastic result. Musselburgh played St Andrews twice early on in the season, once in a cup tie, and hammered them both matches, scoring a total of 6 goals in the 2 games. I didn’t think they were that good. We then met them at home at the beginning of February, and though we won again, thought St Andrews were a much improved team.

So for Whitburn to win and score 7 goals, is some effort, especially as they would have remained bottom of the league if defeated.

34 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Fantastic result. Musselburgh played St Andrews twice early on in the season, once in a cup tie, and hammered them both matches, scoring a total of 6 goals in the 2 games. I didn’t think they were that good. We then met them at home at the beginning of February, and though we won again, thought St Andrews were a much improved team.

So for Whitburn to win and score 7 goals, is some effort, especially as they would have remained bottom of the league if defeated.

It was a great result and came as a surprise to everyone at Whitburn considering we had a player on holiday, one suspended and four out injured. We have been plagued with injuries this season and I note from an earlier post that Whitburn have once again been written off in terms of this league but with a full squad and a few more performances like this they can avoid relegation . Looking at the table there is not many points between about eight teams and till all to play for. Special praise for the manager and assistant who had to fill the centre back positions today.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Both Fauldhouse v Tayport and Thornton v Glenrothes Postponed waterlogged pitches.

new fixture Tayport v Thornton

Well done to both teams for being pro-active & getting games played 

• 2 weeks later...

Thought scoreline today at Tayport really flattered Mussleburgh nothing between the teams today

1st Mussleburgh goal should never have stood as was either a free kick out wide for Tayport or a definite pen

The less said about Steven Traynor the ref what a shocking performance never gave Tayport a single desicion all day apart 2 stonewall pens which should of been 3

Plus only played 3 mins added time when should of been at least 7/8 for the amount of time wasting from Mussleburgh and the 3 players down injured for Mussleburgh who where never injured and could easily have been up and off within a minute was disgraceful

1 hour ago, East Fife is best said:

Thought scoreline today at Tayport really flattered Mussleburgh nothing between the teams today

1st Mussleburgh goal should never have stood as was either a free kick out wide for Tayport or a definite pen

The less said about Steven Traynor the ref what a shocking performance never gave Tayport a single desicion all day apart 2 stonewall pens which should of been 3

Plus only played 3 mins added time when should of been at least 7/8 for the amount of time wasting from Mussleburgh and the 3 players down injured for Mussleburgh who where never injured and could easily have been up and off within a minute was disgraceful

You my friend are a slaver! 

Which was it - either a free kick out wide or a definite penalty?! You don’t know yourself the way you are writing. I bet you were standing under the cover behind Tayport’s dugout so in fact saw hee-haw. I was standing at the 18 yard line near where Gill fell on all all fours and no way was he even touched.

Your only goal of the first half - your forward was backing up into the penalty box, waiting for the ball to come to him. Our goalie was coming towards the ball, when your player’s backward movement into Ally caused both  players to fall down, so no penalty there! 

Your second goal was caused by a howler by our goalie, who handed Reid the easiest goal he will ever score. No argument from me with the second penalty you were awarded.

Three injuries. The first at the far away side from where you were standing - our player went off with a hamstring injury, and was injured whilst he was on the pitch. If it was one of your players, would you say he was feigning the injury? Don’t talk daft! Also why would one of our best players want to be subbed? Maybe that is the mentality of Tayport players, but not ours. Second guy had been out for some time with a long term injury, so have some respect! No way is he an actor, and never goes down for no reason. Third player had to be helped off with a knee injury. Why would a good centre half go off for no reason.

Scoreline flattered Musselburgh? I’m wondering if you were even at the match, cause in the first half, apart from the first 15 minutes, your team were humpty! Losing 4 goals in a 22 minute spell tells me how superior we were to Tayport in the first half. Granted that Tayport came back into the match in the 2nd half, but no way over the 90 minutes were the two teams close in way they were playing. 

This season, Musselburgh beat Tayport 6-2 and 4-3.  Two seasons ago, Musselburgh came to Tayport and won 6-0, and won 3-2 at Musselburgh. These 4 games; Musselburgh scored total of 19 goals, with Tayport getting 7.  Now I see these scores, I’m coming round to your way of thinking that there is nothing between the sides - NOT!!

You my friend are a slaver! 
Which was it - either a free kick out wide or a definite penalty?! You don’t know yourself the way you are writing. I bet you were standing under the cover behind Tayport’s dugout so in fact saw hee-haw. I was standing at the 18 yard line near where Gill fell on all all fours and no way was he even touched.
Your only goal of the first half - your forward was backing up into the penalty box, waiting for the ball to come to him. Our goalie was coming towards the ball, when your player’s backward movement into Ally caused both  players to fall down, so no penalty there! 
Your second goal was caused by a howler by our goalie, who handed Reid the easiest goal he will ever score. No argument from me with the second penalty you were awarded.
Three injuries. The first at the far away side from where you were standing - our player went off with a hamstring injury, and was injured whilst he was on the pitch. If it was one of your players, would you say he was feigning the injury? Don’t talk daft! Also why would one of our best players want to be subbed? Maybe that is the mentality of Tayport players, but not ours. Second guy had been out for some time with a long term injury, so have some respect! No way is he an actor, and never goes down for no reason. Third player had to be helped off with a knee injury. Why would a good centre half go off for no reason.
Scoreline flattered Musselburgh? I’m wondering if you were even at the match, cause in the first half, apart from the first 15 minutes, your team were humpty! Losing 4 goals in a 22 minute spell tells me how superior we were to Tayport in the first half. Granted that Tayport came back into the match in the 2nd half, but no way over the 90 minutes were the two teams close in way they were playing. 
This season, Musselburgh beat Tayport 6-2 and 4-3.  Two seasons ago, Musselburgh came to Tayport and won 6-0, and won 3-2 at Musselburgh. These 4 games; Musselburgh scored total of 19 goals, with Tayport getting 7.  Now I see these scores, I’m coming round to your way of thinking that there is nothing between the sides - NOT!!

[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]
Couldn’t have put it better myself Casey!! [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji170][emoji471]

Musselburgh, Haddington and Dunbar are the top 3 teams in the Premier League just now

Though other teams have got games in hand, considering the start that Dunbar had to the season, what a great achievement for East Lothian clubs.

1 hour ago, Toffee fan said:

Musselburgh, Haddington and Dunbar are the top 3 teams in the Premier League just now

Though other teams have got games in hand, considering the start that Dunbar had to the season, what a great achievement for East Lothian clubs.

I wonder how many of them will actually be playing Junior next season Toffee.

Well in the wisdom of the East Region fixtures guy, with only 7 games of the season left, we've been handed 3 home games in the space of 7 days with less than 10 days notice. No wonder I'm happy we're leaving this shambles behind.

That said, the Fauldhouse game scheduled for the Wednesday 25th at 6.45pm has been moved to the Tuesday 24th with a 7.30pm ko, with the aid of the devils lanterns.

Archived