East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

2 hours ago, CJ Dalk said:

No worries - I'm sure you enjoy collecting the stats but there must be a way to automate this data using the Extranet and make it public on the regional website.

Out of interest what does the East Premier leaderboard look like just now?

There probably is but I'm not technically gifted! 

Usually post them on Twitter at the end of each month. This is the top of the prem

20180205_125345-1.jpg

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/02/2018 at 00:39, The Faceman said:

There probably is but I'm not technically gifted! 

Neither am I -  wouldn't know where to start -  I was thinking it could be done at source by the IT boffins running the SFA Extranet.  Referees for each fixture key on the goalscorers who are listed by their player ID - there must be a way to tally it up automatically and produce a weekly list.

In the meantime, your spreadsheet is ideal, thanks!

20 minutes ago, CJ Dalk said:

Neither am I -  wouldn't know where to start -  I was thinking it could be done at source by the IT boffins running the SFA Extranet.  Referees for each fixture key on the goalscorers who are listed by their player ID - there must be a way to tally it up automatically and produce a weekly list.

In the meantime, your spreadsheet is ideal, thanks!

Great idea 

Have Dalkeith finished for the season already, knowing they will be moving elsewhere next season? 0-5 at home to Downfield is a shocker. Blackburn losing 5-0 at Tranent is another shocker, although the massive home crowd probably helped. Good result for Whitburn, winning 3-2 at Bathgate.

St Andrews 2 Kirrie 1

Having huffed and puffed for 75 mins(and missed a few chances) 10 man Saints took the lead as Wallace scored from a corner. When Lawrie scored a penalty with two minutes left it should have been game over but Saints don't like making things easy and conceded very quickly leading to a few nervy moments.

Special mention to Lee Wilson for a cracking save when Kirrie really should have taken the lead and also to the ref for a ridiculous straight red for Scott Orrock.

Some odd results.
Btw I saw the best goalie in the league by far today at the Caniepart.
The Arniston custodian was assured, confident, caught crosses, quick of his line, kicked well and made some fantastic saves

He's a good GK but jc hutch and ally Adams ahead for me imo

St Andrews have improved a lot since Musselburgh played them early on in the season. 

We played them away twice in succession; league and Cup business, winning both matches, scoring 8 and conceding 1 over the 2 games.

Now St Andrews sit in 2nd place, but I think having played more league games than any other team, they will slip a few places come end of season.

Tranent 5 Blackburn Utd 0

Blackburn had a good chance early from Hutton but he shot straight at the keeper. Tranent went ahead with an unmarked header from a corner and then increased their lead via an unfortunate OG for Gibson. Second half it could have been level quite quickly after Hutton passed up two great chances, a one-on-one with the keeper who got a hand to his shot, and the other where his shot was blocked on the line when it looked easier to score. As often happen, Tranent then grabbed a third via a wicked deflection and that was that, their tails were up and a fourth was added before another OG for the fifth.  Brian Ross then saw red for retaliating after being fouled.

Not a good day at the office for us, Tranent worthy winners and we need to pick ourselves up for the visit of Arniston next week.  I can’t make the next couple of games so hopefully we’re back to winning ways in my absence.  About 120 at the game, the other 180 must have had something on.

Great result again for Dunbar today - promotion contenders?

Looking ahead it could be an interesting Premier League next year if it ends up like this:

Tranent

Fauldhouse

Pumpherston

West Calder

Bathgate

Blackburn

Thornton

Glenrothes

Jeanfield

Tayport

St Andrews 

Downfield

Dundee NE

Dundee Violet

Carnoustie

Forfar WE

18 hours ago, CJ Dalk said:

Great result again for Dunbar today - promotion contenders?

Looking ahead it could be an interesting Premier League next year if it ends up like this:

Tranent

Fauldhouse

Pumpherston

West Calder

Bathgate

Blackburn

Thornton

Glenrothes

Jeanfield

Tayport

St Andrews 

Downfield

Dundee NE

Dundee Violet

Carnoustie

Forfar WE

Perhaps, would need a great run in from here mind. Haddington, Fauldhouse & Tayport certainly in the driving seat. After the start, I am delighted with where we find ourselves.

On 25/02/2018 at 14:12, BlackandWhite said:

Perhaps, would need a great run in from here mind. Haddington, Fauldhouse & Tayport certainly in the driving seat. After the start, I am delighted with where we find ourselves.

Yes, although Broughty finished strongly a few seasons ago to get 3rd place after a great run-in.  In previous years an average of 2 points per game has secured promotion, but 57 or 58 total might be enough...    

Archived