East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

Alan  I never brought you into it pal. Just saying what I was told, never got told a name though. You and Dougy did a great job at the Glens and are doing well at Dundonald now , would welcome you back anytime. Just ignore them pal.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 points out of 6 against fife rivals tayport and St. Andrews have seen us shot up into top half of table and  tomorrow sees the return of the big derby. We will need a lot stronger ref than the one against tayport to protect our young boys when Thornton come calling. 

39 minutes ago, Curly said:

4 points out of 6 against fife rivals tayport and St. Andrews have seen us shot up into top half of table and  tomorrow sees the return of the big derby. We will need a lot stronger ref than the one against tayport to protect our young boys when Thornton come calling. 

Curly, you been on the sauce again?.... thought I told you to lay off the drink. The referee that you had against Tayport practically handed you a point as an early Christmas present with an irrational sending off and a penalty just as bad as the one given last night in the Northern Ireland game.

So you will be dying to get him again tomorrow as it seems he's like Santa Claus for you's.  You also seem surprised to be in the top half of the table...... a wee lack of ambition for your club there my friend or you just settling for a bottom half finish?

50 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Well done to Dunbar, Haddington, Musselburgh and Tranent all winning today in the East of Scotland Cup. Not sure how often all 4  East Lothian teams win on the same day, but great day for us all!

haddington doin bowness at there ain patch the result for me luvin it

4 minutes ago, brycey said:

haddington doin bowness at there ain patch the result for me luvin it

No argument there brycey - result of the day without doubt!

Haddington are also very much in the running to push current top two in Premier league foe either automatic promotion or play-off position at least.

St Andrews 3 Downfield 0. 

A comfortable win for Saints against a Downfield side that didn't manage a single decent effort on goal.

Falconer scored in 2 minutes and Saints proceeded to get into some good positions but the final pass or finish was lacking.

In the second half after hitting the post and provoking a great save from their keeper United eventually put the game away with goals from Lawrie and Cunningham.

Now on to two tough away games against Tayport and Thornton.

On 10 November 2017 at 17:38, Curly said:

We will need a lot stronger ref than the one against tayport to protect our younoys when Thornton come calling. 

Watched Glenrothes v Thornton yesterday, only one team trying to play football in the first half, with the Glens happy to allow their goalie to hoof the ball at every opportunity.thornton took the lead early on and dominated the next 30minutes or so before the Glens got back into it & equalised before half time with a tidy finish. In the second half with the pitch cutting up  the game became a long ball fest by both sides & some tasty tackles flying in from both sides. Thornton had the better of the chances, and the winning goal had a touch of Berkamp 98 WC,  where the boy jumped controlled the ball over his shoulder leaving the defender for dead slotted in the bottom corner. A Well spent £6 to watch , hats off to the pie hut the chips & curry was unreal! 

Dundonald Bluebell 2  Blackburn United  1

First half was fairly even, but Blackburn were hampered when both Drummond and Young had to go off after challenges that went unpunished by the lenient referee. Marley pulled off a great save just before HT to keep the scores even. Second half Bluebell had more of the ball and eventually went ahead with 12 to go, and quickly doubled that after a defensive slip. The scoring continued as Andy McQuillan pounced on another defensive slip and rounded the keeper to pull one back with around 6 minutes remaining. There was still time for a Bluebell goal to be ruled out for offside.

No complaints about the result, first half injuries hampered us somewhat but overall a decent performance against Superleague opposition.

No highlights burni?, , agree with you first half non event.  2nd half we had a lot of the ball but burnie very well organised and didn’t give much away. Got our goal eventually and good to get another few minutes at back of it. We deaserved to win for me against a well organised stuffy side. Big Cal still a legend. Aw the best to burnie rest of season 

12 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

No highlights burni?, , agree with you first half non event.  2nd half we had a lot of the ball but burnie very well organised and didn’t give much away. Got our goal eventually and good to get another few minutes at back of it. We deaserved to win for me against a well organised stuffy side. Big Cal still a legend. Aw the best to burnie rest of season 

I think our video man has had laptop issues, so might be a bit delayed.  Agree, Big Callum has been superb so far this season, a great addition.  All the best.

40 minutes ago, JB2 said:

Hopping mad to have concede such a late goal to a hard fighting Glenrothes  side today but feel better now ive seen results elsewhere . When was the last time Blackburn lost at home against a side 12 pints worse off  languishing in the bottom half of the table ? What are the fans views of their management team? ,shocking result.

A draw was probably a fair result. See Tayport got beaten at home too.  Couple of interesting match reports about poor referees to look forward to tonight then.

Archived