East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

50 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

Tell Dunbar to put a letter in to the league  to complain about the referee calling it off, and let us know what the reply is. Cheers

Got a message to look on East League results 14th October. I have ,   I only asked a question  about changing the fixture to Dunbar, surely you would think if you wanted a game that was the easiest thing to do, but  on the other thread , others are asking as well. 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Webby said:

Blackburn goalkeeper was at fault big time for one of the goals and had mussy taken there chance could have won by 5 or 6  all about opinions though

It certainly is, although I truly can't recall Musselburgh having five or six shots on target that actually stretched the visiting 'keeper and that would merit the assertion they might have won the game by such an amount. A huge gulf in class there wasn't, but I wouldn't necessarily argue with the contention that the game was won by the better team, although I can understand why those of a Blackburn persuasion might feel they could have been worthy of a point.

Like you, I thought the Blackburn goalkeeper was badly at fault for the second goal. To use a cliché, he went down in instalments in his attempt to save what seemed no better than a half hit shot and his reaction afterwards suggested he knew it. He really should have cut out the ball in from the left that lead to Musselburgh's first goal too. In short, had he done his job properly Blackburn might have won ;)

8 hours ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I was at Olivebank on Saturday too and I've read some of the above contributions with interest. Personally, I thought on the balance of play Musselburgh just about shaded it as they controlled possession for much of the game. However, possession isn't the whole story and Blackburn looked every bit as threatening as their hosts when in and around the eighteen yard box - which they were almost as often as Musselburgh, even given their more limited time in possession. Had they managed to equalise then it would have been a harsh observer indeed to suggest that they weren't worthy of a share of the spoils.  Pointing out that Musselburgh were content to hold the ball in the corners going into the closing moments isn't necessarily a criticism I'd suggest, but merely a means of pointing out that the Olivebank side were a little shaky at this point and feared some increasing pressure in the final quarter of the game might culminate in an equaliser. From the shouts of their goalkeeper, he certainly did! All that said, I'm not sure how Musselburgh managed not to score a third with a gilt edged chance late on, although there might have been a hint of offside about it anyway.

Musselburgh appear a very good side at this level and it's pretty self apparent why they sit at the top of this league, but Blackburn too seem a pretty decent outfit who gave a real good account of themselves which might not be getting recognised by some Musselburgh contributors. However, to be fair, everyone is there to watch and dissect their own teams performance first and foremost!!

If Blackburn were, as it seems, a couple of first choice players down on the afternoon then their ninety minutes, and particularly the second forty five, augurs well for them and for a top half finish - which surely would have been the best they could hope to aim for after being promoted only as runners-up to Dunbar in the South Division last season?

Good posts black and red.

I think on the balance of play Musselburgh deserved to win. I don’t think I’ve said anywhere that that Blackburn are a bad team.

If anyone looks at the fixtures that Musselburgh has played this season, you would see that, apart from last week’s cup match at Haddington, our most convincing performances have been away from home.

Apart from our cup game to Newburgh, and the first league match against Tayport, all our wins at home have been with a one goal margin,   including Saturday’s match. In their last two league matches,  Blackburn beat Fauldhouse 4-0,away, and drew at home to Haddington. As Haddington has been the best team that Musselburgh have played all season, I was under no illusion that Saturday’s match would be hard. Doesn’t mean that I am wrong to say that we deserved the win on Saturday. 

Our performances have slipped in the last 3matches, but the pleasing thing is that we have still won 9 out of our 10 league matches this season. That is not being big headed, just a fact. As my buddy at Fauldhouse has said, we still have to met,  Fauldhouse, Haddington and Tranent home and away, and the return match away to Blackburn. All will be tough, massive matches, but games like these are part and parcel of the league campaign. I have to be pleased we sit at the top the league after 10 matches, all through  playing good football and getting the results that matter; even when our form dips.

I don’t think anyone is saying Blackburn are a bad team merely that mussy deserved the win other than one poster who is clearly biased. At the time of my post I was unaware of league positions but am not surprised to learn that Musselburgh lead the table, they for me on the day were man for man streets ahead of the opposition but what does surprise me is that there opponents are nearer the top than bottom A lot can change though you only need look at Celtic and Dundee huge gulf in class in my opinion but very seldom do they win by more than just the one goal when they meet

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I don’t think anyone is saying Blackburn are a bad team merely that mussy deserved the win other than one poster who is clearly biased. At the time of my post I was unaware of league positions but am not surprised to learn that Musselburgh lead the table, they for me on the day were man for man streets ahead of the opposition but what does surprise me is that there opponents are nearer the top than bottom A lot can change though you only need look at Celtic and Dundee huge gulf in class in my opinion but very seldom do they win by more than just the one goal when they meet

I think you’re now exaggerating your opinion grossly to solicit a response from Burnieman. I’d be astounded if, man for man, Musselburgh were “streets ahead of the opposition”. I’ve seen Blackburn in action a couple of times this season now, once when they beat then league leaders Fauldhouse United 4-0 and again when they drew 1-1 with third placed Haddington Athletic, only an own goal preventing them claiming all three points, although it was probably a draw the Hi-Hi deserved. They have already beaten fourth placed Tayport too, so your “surprise” that they “are nearer the top than the bottom” is.....surprising.

I believe Blackburn were missing captain Craig Young and front man Brian Ross (six goals in his previous seven games), both of whom scored in that win at Fauldhouse, so take that quality out of any team and you’re sure to be diminished. However, if the highlights on Blackburn’s YouTube page are anything to go by (and I know editing can colour things!) then they were very far from outclassed.

The comparison between Musselburgh/Blackburn and Celtic/Dundee Utd is, quite frankly, ridiculous and again seems to be framed - for whatever reason - purely as a dig at an earlier poster.

5 hours ago, superbigal said:

It's raining in Fife today so Blackburn game on November 4th will be off.

Every chance. Surprisingly the pitch is waterlogged in the same area tonight. Superbiggles will be flying down from Leuchars tomorrow to give us an update.

Game of the day is at Tranent, can the Belters turn around a - so far - disappointing season or will the Burgh keep on winning. Also with Whitburn currently managerless, will they put up more of a fight against Hi Hi?

Arniston Rangers v Kirriemuir Thistle
Bathgate Thistle v Tayport
Blackburn United v Glenrothes
Dalkeith Thistle v St Andrews United
Dunbar United v Downfield
Fauldhouse United v Thornton Hibs
Tranent Juniors v Musselburgh Athletic
Whitburn Juniors v Haddington Athletic

Looks like a statement to me!  They just posted on the FB page that the pitch is likely to fail the inspection, and they can't switch as Thornton Hibs unplayable.

Walked over it last night and was swimming. Also rained heavily whilst we trained

40 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

Surely some games could of been switched if the teams havent played each other yet and the other teams pitch is playable ie switch bathgate to tayport as tayport and the surrounding areas dundee and just outside should all be playable as we have had little rain this week

Speak to the weatherman from Leuchars, superbiggles, he can tell you what the rainfall has been.  We are awaiting his pitch inspection reports from all around the grounds, as he is now the self appointed pitch inspector for the east region juniors.

It's raining in Fife today so Blackburn game on November 4th will be off.

Cant believe how many games called off today there was only 3.0mm of rainfall in the last 24 hours, in the Lothian’s surely tayport could of switched from Bathgate since there was only 0.40mm of rainfall in tayport that’s from Leuchars met Office, maybe superbiggles can enlighten us ?

1 hour ago, sniffer said:

Cant believe how many games called off today there was only 3.0mm of rainfall in the last 24 hours, in the Lothian’s surely tayport could of switched from Bathgate since there was only 0.40mm of rainfall in tayport that’s from Leuchars met Office, maybe superbiggles can enlighten us ?

Methinks he has choked on all the shite that comes out of his mouth

3 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Looking for

Dalkeith scorers & goal times x2

St Andrews scorers & goal times x2

Cheers 

Ryan 

Scott Lawrie scored in 7 mins. Dalkeith's number 4 scored in 44 mins and then a penalty in 69 mins with Ross Cunningham equal using a minute later.

Archived