East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

So from what information has been published by clubs and various outlits all we can make out is what clubs have left or will leave if they formally accept within the next 7 days

That would mean that as things stand and how they should play out over the remaining games that Fauldhouse and Tayport will be in the super league with an other depending on who is next best in the table come the season end

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

So from what information has been published by clubs and various outlits all we can make out is what clubs have left or will leave if they formally accept within the next 7 days

That would mean that as things stand and how they should play out over the remaining games that Fauldhouse and Tayport will be in the super league with an other depending on who is next best in the table come the season end

Any 3 from Fauldhouse, Tayport, Dunbar and Thornton look likely to provide the absolute minimum of 3 teams that would be needed to keep a 16 team SL next season.

However as none of Bonnyrigg, Camelon or Hill of Beath, the 3 leavers were likely to be involved in the bottom 3 SL places, it is possible that more than 3 Prem teams will be required.

Do Forfar WE get saved automatically (Assume they are bottom) ?  Who knows.  Not sure if constitution covers this.

When Lochee Utd, Broughty, Carnoustie & Forfar West End exit the "East" to go "North" as likely end of next season, there will be more questions.

44 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Any 3 from Fauldhouse, Tayport, Dunbar and Thornton look likely to provide the absolute minimum of 3 teams that would be needed to keep a 16 team SL next season.

However as none of Bonnyrigg, Camelon or Hill of Beath, the 3 leavers were likely to be involved in the bottom 3 SL places, it is possible that more than 3 Prem teams will be required.

Do Forfar WE get saved automatically (Assume they are bottom) ?  Who knows.  Not sure if constitution covers this.

When Lochee Utd, Broughty, Carnoustie & Forfar West End exit the "East" to go "North" as likely end of next season, there will be more questions.

In previous years whenever teams have "departed (Kelty, Ballingry, Falkirk etc) relegation has been reduced accordingly. So I would suspect that there will be no relegation from the Super and the top three teams from the Premier that are not defecting will join them.

That is unless they decide to reduce the top two divisions to twelve teams instead of getting rid of the Premier in which case there may be no promotion.

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

16 team super and North n South premier's are no brainers

It's a no brainer if you're the manager of a team that's looking good for promotion to the Super League lol.

As I've said earlier in another thread scrapping the premier moves us from a highly competitive division in which every team can beat each other to a local league in which the bottom teams will concede close to a hundred goals.

For me keeping a 16 team premier and amalgamating the north and south into a 17 strong league is the way to go.

12 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

It's a no brainer if you're the manager of a team that's looking good for promotion to the Super League lol.

As I've said earlier in another thread scrapping the premier moves us from a highly competitive division in which every team can beat each other to a local league in which the bottom teams will concede close to a hundred goals.

For me keeping a 16 team premier and amalgamating the north and south into a 17 strong league is the way to go.

Problem is, there was a move to scrap the Premier for this season which was defeated.  That will be the wish again no doubt.  You wont get the likes of Forfar Albion or Brechin Vics voting for league games at Stoneyburn, West Calder, Harthill etc and vice versa, probably rightly so.

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

You wont get the likes of Forfar Albion or Brechin Vics voting for league games at Stoneyburn, West Calder, Harthill etc and vice versa, probably rightly so.

Spot on.

Amazing how one can suddenly show common sense when they know longer have an agenda.

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

See you tomorrow at Glenrothes?

??? No idea why you’d think I’d be in Glenrothes or why you’d be there either as I thought you were playing Tranent.As it happens I’m going to Easter Road tomorrow. Feel free to pop in to Tamsons bar, I’m sure you know it, before or after the match and I will introduce myself. Even buy you a pint.

7 hours ago, Mr Illustrious said:

??? No idea why you’d think I’d be in Glenrothes or why you’d be there either as I thought you were playing Tranent.As it happens I’m going to Easter Road tomorrow. Feel free to pop in to Tamsons bar, I’m sure you know it, before or after the match and I will introduce myself. Even buy you a pint.

ooops, my uber excitement and our impending visit to Warout got the better of me.

Which one of your ID's are you known by in Tamsons?

53 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

ooops, my uber excitement and our impending visit to Warout got the better of me.

Which one of your ID's are you known by in Tamsons?

Sorry chap but I think you have mistaken me for someone who likes to participate in your childish online games. You couldn’t be further from the truth . You suggested seeing me today and I’ve told you where I will be. The invitation is still open as I’m keen to see if you are as arrogant in person as you are behind a keyboard. Prepared to wait until around 7pm if that helps.

5 minutes ago, Mr Illustrious said:

Sorry chap but I think you have mistaken me for someone who likes to participate in your childish online games. You couldn’t be further from the truth . You suggested seeing me today and I’ve told you where I will be. The invitation is still open as I’m keen to see if you are as arrogant in person as you are behind a keyboard. Prepared to wait until around 7pm if that helps.

Confirmed. Thanks :wacko:

Their is no way a team from the south division could go up and compete at superleague level, the teams from the premier have struggled this season, you really do need a budget to reflect your superleague status.

But then again the superleague will be weaker with the teams leaving.

11 hours ago, pie n beans said:

Their is no way a team from the south division could go up and compete at superleague level, the teams from the premier have struggled this season, you really do need a budget to reflect your superleague status.

But then again the superleague will be weaker with the teams leaving.

Have I missed something here did someone actually suggest that,coz I can't see it anywhere.Plus if that were to happen which it won't I'm sure some of the teams left in premier league would have something to say about that.

7 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

Have I missed something here did someone actually suggest that,coz I can't see it anywhere.Plus if that were to happen which it won't I'm sure some of the teams left in premier league would have something to say about that.

Only one word for someone who would suggest that 

D6159421-6A75-48FD-B53C-056352195C71.jpeg

11 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

Sorry for the confusion, i meant if they did away with the premier division and just had 2 leagues, a south and a superleague. 

I don't think it could carry 3 divisions with the number of teams left.

Archived