East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

59 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I wonder how many of them will actually be playing Junior next season Toffee.

Hopefully all will be made clear after the EofS meeting, which I believe will on 26 April; to consider (approve) those Junior clubs who have elected to join their set up.

Will also be interesting how they allocate leagues for respective new admissions, based on the current EofS set up, and the number of teams who have applied to join from 18-19.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

Hopefully all will be made clear after the EofS meeting, which I believe will on 26 April; to consider (approve) those Junior clubs who have elected to join their set up.

Will also be interesting how they allocate leagues for respective new admissions, based on the current EofS set up, and the number of teams who have applied to join from 18-19.

I was thinking the same and how many teams will benefit by now being promoted or avoiding relegation

If the amount of teams being quoted as leaving is correct then we may well be going back to the super league with two regional leagues beneath which means there will be no relegation from the premier as it will be scrapped.

We need the East Region to make a decision on the next season's set up asap after the 26th so that teams and their supporters don't think they are fighting for promotion or against relegations that may not be happening.

The fact that the applications to the EOS league appear to be coming under the official secrets act isn't helping anyone to plan ahead.

49 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

If the amount of teams being quoted as leaving is correct then we may well be going back to the super league with two regional leagues beneath which means there will be no relegation from the premier as it will be scrapped.

We need the East Region to make a decision on the next season's set up asap after the 26th so that teams and their supporters don't think they are fighting for promotion or against relegations that may not be happening.

The fact that the applications to the EOS league appear to be coming under the official secrets act isn't helping anyone to plan ahead.

I think there are a number of teams who for whatever reason (maybe worried about prize money not being paid) are keeping quiet about their intentions for next season.

That's a real shame as these are the same people who moan when the fixtures aren't published quick enough.

Clubs that claim to have signed players for next season:

Do the contracts simply  role over to EOS or are these players not signed for next season  and clubs issuing incorrect information.

17 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

I think there are a number of teams who for whatever reason (maybe worried about prize money not being paid) are keeping quiet about their intentions for next season.

That's a real shame as these are the same people who moan when the fixtures aren't published quick enough.

Clubs that claim to have signed players for next season:

Do the contracts simply  role over to EOS or are these players not signed for next season  and clubs issuing incorrect information.

You sign to the club not the Grade - if a player is contracted to the end of next season for example - this remains valid if the club moves to EOS.

Well as it stands nobody has resigned and nobody has joined a new league as yet. I'd guess it will become clearer after the 26th but I'm sure there's enough info out there already to come up with a rough plan to deal with around 12 East Region clubs leaving. Most names mentioned so far are fairly accurate imo.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Most names mentioned so far are fairly accurate imo.

Well I sincerely hope so, if not, we've all made a rip roaring c**t of ourselves over the last few weeks. Still think there are clubs who have applied, not went public and will pull out

If 12 clubs end up leaving, 48 would remain, that is three leagues of 16.

Superleague and then North and South Divisions.  If 4 of those clubs leaving are Superleague, I’d be looking to scrap relegation from it and then promote the top 2 from the Premier, and the winners of North and South to take it back upto 16.  The remaining clubs out with the SL would form expanded North and South Divisions.

The only other option is smaller divisions and retain current structure ie 12-12-12-12

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If 12 clubs end up leaving, 48 would remain, that is three leagues of 16.

Superleague and then North and South Divisions.  If 4 of those clubs leaving are Superleague, I’d be looking to scrap relegation from it and then promote the top 2 from the Premier, and the winners of North and South to take it back upto 16.  The remaining clubs out with the SL would form expanded North and South Divisions.

The only other option is smaller divisions and retain current structure ie 12-12-12-12

Will the winners of the regional leagues be promoted above the remaining teams in the Premier straight into the Super league? I would have thought they would cancel promotion from the North and South which means teams are playing for nothing.

Again until the 26th(assuming we are finally told then) we are just speculating.

12 team Divisions are awful, having spent some time in the Central Division 2 over the last few years its far too small a number to have a meaningful league - 22 games isn't enough to get the juices flowing. Carluke finished their league season on Saturday and 2 teams will finish this week in that league.

Minimum of 14 teams in a league for me, if the East is left with 48 then 3x16 is by far the most sensible plan.

18 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

If it is three leagues of 16 and 4 super league clubs leave then surely the top 4 in the premier will be giving automatic promotion

There is no way teams from the north league and south league should be giving promotion over third and fourth in the premier

To find a "Top 4" in the Premier you could go all the way down to 7th or 8th place given the teams allegedly leaving.  Therefore, perhaps it would be better to promote the Champions of the North and South otherwise their season will have been a waste.

On 4/16/2018 at 12:21, Burnie_man said:

To find a "Top 4" in the Premier you could go all the way down to 7th or 8th place given the teams allegedly leaving.  Therefore, perhaps it would be better to promote the Champions of the North and South otherwise their season will have been a waste.

Sorry, but that's mince. Supposing they have to go to the bottom of the Premier, that team should be promoted to the Superleague before any team a division below.

1 minute ago, shuggie123 said:

Sorry, but that's mince. Supposing they have to go to the bottom of the Premier, that team should be promoted to the Superleague before any team a division below.

Well I suppose you'll want to be saved from relegation.  Anyway not my problem, just a suggestion to reward those who have actually won something this season.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Well I suppose you'll want to be saved from relegation.  Anyway not my problem, just a suggestion to reward those who have actually won something this season.

Obviously I don't want my team to be relegated, but doesn't make my point any less valid.

1 minute ago, shuggie123 said:

Obviously I don't want my team to be relegated, but doesn't make my point any less valid.

Nor mine which you describe as "mince", at least my suggestion - which is all that it is - is to reward the Champions of both Districts rather than potentially deny them promotion in favour of clubs from the lower reaches of the Premier who may have finished in the relegation zone, thereby rewarding mediocrity.

I'm sure the inspirational leadership of the East Region will devise a solution.

If there is to be 4 super league teams leave as mentioned and thats a big if as they still need to be accepted by the eosfl then there is only one option open to the east region

That is to promote 1st and 2nd as happens and instead of having the team that finish 3rd in league have a play-off you just promote them and the team that finish 4th as they will have been the best 4 teams in the league this season

If you promote the top 2 from the north and south they will just end up at the bottom of the table getting beat every week which is no fun for any club or fan

Given the number of teams leaving, I can’t see there being a Premier League next season. They’ll keep a diluted Superleague and then have a North and South league feeding in to it. If four teams leave the SL and the reports about the PL teams leaving are correct 7th place in the premier gives you promotion on the current standings. Ha ha

19 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Nor mine which you describe as "mince", at least my suggestion - which is all that it is - is to reward the Champions of both Districts rather than potentially deny them promotion in favour of clubs from the lower reaches of the Premier who may have finished in the relegation zone, thereby rewarding mediocrity.

I'm sure the inspirational leadership of the East Region will devise a solution.

Ok, "mince" was a bit out of order, but their is no league I know of, including the East Region Premier League that would promote a team two divisions and put them above teams in the division above. 

Archived