East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It was a point for discussion, doesn't bother me I'll be in St.Andrews tomorrow. 

Do you have a half-and-half shirt by the way? Hoose and Burgh, seems a bit of a love in going on here :lol:

To quote a great guy; You’re struggling for wind ups here. 

I have got a very good friend at Fauldhouse, so I always keep an interest in how they do. I am impressed the way that JC comes onto forums like this and gives an opinion on how things go at the Hoose.

I only support Musselburgh and have two whole scarfs and a football strip in the colours of Musselburgh - no other side. 

Obviously I want Musselburgh to get promoted and if I am honest, I think that we will. My second choice for promotion would Haddington, as I have in the passed and now lived there for a number of years. I also hope if there are three teams promoted, that the other team would by Fauldhouse. The main reason for this is that as both Musselburgh and Fauldhouse were relegated last year, I would like both of us to get straight back returns to the top league, as I am sure that both of us (along with Haddington) would do well in the Super League next year.

Finally, having played against all Premier League sides this year, except Kirriemuir, who we face tomorrow, the best three teams in the league are those currently in the top three positions in the league.

Anything else you want to know Burnie?

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

To quote a great guy; You’re struggling for wind ups here. 

I have got a very good friend at Fauldhouse, so I always keep an interest in how they do. I am impressed the way that JC comes onto forums like this and gives an opinion on how things go at the Hoose.

I only support Musselburgh and have two whole scarfs and a football strip in the colours of Musselburgh - no other side. 

Obviously I want Musselburgh to get promoted and if I am honest, I think that we will. My second choice for promotion would Haddington, as I have in the passed and now lived there for a number of years. I also hope if there are three teams promoted, that the other team would by Fauldhouse. The main reason for this is that as both Musselburgh and Fauldhouse were relegated last year, I would like both of us to get straight back returns to the top league, as I am sure that both of us (along with Haddington) would do well in the Super League next year.

Finally, having played against all Premier League sides this year, except Kirriemuir, who we face tomorrow, the best three teams in the league are those currently in the top three positions in the league.

Anything else you want to know Burnie?

No, that's dandy thanks :lol:

To be fair, it's not upto you to decide to sacrifice something that in turn provides advantage to someone else, that's why the rule is there. 
If Dunbar had beaten you and went on to either escape relegation by a point or scrape into the play-off spot by a point, those that they edged out would rightly complain they played one more home game and one less away game than everyone else. Unfair advantage?

Did I say it was up to me? WE as a club who had zero chance of getting the game on at home so tried to be proactive about getting the game played. We aren't as fortunate as Blackburn with finances ECT so tried a solution that we felt was right to play a game of football without all the political crap. I'm lead to believe east is where this rule applies. Not every club in our league can afford to go 7 weeks without income then pay to repair the pitch then have to shell out stupid money to use somewhere else because clubs know we are desperate to get a game on. I would get the point if Dunbar had beaten us up their earlier then we go their again that would cover the RULE. This is why we are even more so grateful to Tranent for HELPING us out in a time of difficulty for my club who work hard with limited resources available to them. We accept the rule which I honestly didn't know existed.

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

Did I say it was up to me? WE as a club who had zero chance of getting the game on at home so tried to be proactive about getting the game played. We aren't as fortunate as Blackburn with finances ECT so tried a solution that we felt was right to play a game of football without all the political crap. I'm lead to believe east is where this rule applies. Not every club in our league can afford to go 7 weeks without income then pay to repair the pitch then have to shell out stupid money to use somewhere else because clubs know we are desperate to get a game on. I would get the point if Dunbar had beaten us up their earlier then we go their again that would cover the RULE. This is why we are even more so grateful to Tranent for HELPING us out in a time of difficulty for my club who work hard with limited resources available to them. We accept the rule which I honestly didn't know existed.

Fortunate as Blackburn with finances? not sure what that has to do with things and its a bit off you bringing that into it.  I don't speak on behalf of anyone other than myself but I doubt we're any better off than Fauldhouse, probably nowhere near it.

Nothing wrong with being pro-active about getting games on but the bottom line is, the rule is there to protect the integrity of the competition. Every club plays the same amount of home games as away games and rightly so. It's not "political crap" and the rule really should apply to all three Regions, I'm surprised it doesn't.

Good luck tomorrow.

A certain team actually refused the option of a reversed fixture even when offered with 2 days notice.

Hey ho

Musselburgh and Fauldhouse both lose today.  Kirrie were decent last week when I saw them and Dunbar I stated weeks ago were the best premier team I have seen this season. Seem to now actually be getting the scores.

No idea why a burnie quote is coming up in my reply. I cant get shot of it !!!!

On 01/10/2017 at 17:00, Burnie_man said:

Burnie is not having a go at any particular club he is stating that in no other football league would you have teams playing more games at home than any other, it becomes a pub league and could affect the outcome when relegation and promotion come into effect and i agree with him.

Just say Dunbar go up by 1 point or goal difference,then the 2 home games against the same team do in fact come into play.

The Dunbar game was played at a neutral venue ie Foresters Park, Tranent and not at Dunbar. No team played two home games as Dunbar still played away only not travelling so far a distance and it was Fauldhouse's choice to give up their home advantage in an effort to get the game played.

1 hour ago, thesunnydunny said:

The Dunbar game was played at a neutral venue ie Foresters Park, Tranent and not at Dunbar. No team played two home games as Dunbar still played away only not travelling so far a distance and it was Fauldhouse's choice to give up their home advantage in an effort to get the game played.

Nobody is saying the game was played at Dunbar.   Another good game today and although Fauldhouse are a good side, I would say we shaded it. Great performance from Handling again.  Pity we had a poor start to the season but if we can continue our present form, who knows where we could end up. Well done and good luck next week.

23 hours ago, jc1 said:

Your right about finances JC. Fauldhouse haven't had the luxury of having their pitch getting laid twice and paid for by an external party, allowing them to use the money on the playing side.

Your right about finances JC. Fauldhouse haven't had the luxury of having their pitch getting laid twice and paid for by an external party, allowing them to use the money on the playing side.

Shows you how ignorant you are of the circumstances.

St.Andrews Utd 0 Blackburn Utd 2

Burnie started off the stronger and had a free kick well saved and a stonewall penalty turned away. The homesters came more into the game and had their own strong penalty claim also turned down on the stroke of half time.

Second half and St.Andrews managed to miss an open goal from 3 yards and minutes later Michael Browne returned the compliment at the other end. However Andy McQuillan, back after a 2 game suspension, struck on 66 minutes, and 10 mins later Brian Ross cut inside and unleashed an unstoppable 20 yarder to seal the win. It could have been more with the home keeper pulling off 2 good stops in succession, then somehow keeping the ball out after a bit of a stramash.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Arniston Rangers on their first win of the season!  If they find a bit of form a few teams in the bottom half of the table will get just a little more worried about slipping into the relegation zone.

Musselburgh looking secure at the top, but its going to be a tight race for second and the play-off spot with more teams coming into contention.

18 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Congratulations to Arniston Rangers on their first win of the season!  If they find a bit of form a few teams in the bottom half of the table will get just a little more worried about slipping into the relegation zone.

Musselburgh looking secure at the top, but its going to be a tight race for second and the play-off spot with more teams coming into contention.

Agree with comments on Arniston. Good away win yesterday, and although the first win, with drawing so many games, they are not too far behind the teams just above them in league.

Musselburgh still have a lot to do to win the Premier league. We have to meet Haddington twice in the league, and if Fauldhouse win their 2 games in hand, they would only be 5 points behind. However, the pleasing thing is that we have the points in the bag, and teams behind all have catch up to do if Musselburgh are to be toppled.

Archived