East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to see Haddington play Vale of Clyde today, with the home team winning 3-1 to progress to the 4th round of Junior Cup.

Although overall Haddington deserved their victory, I thought it was a tough first half.  Vale of Clyde probably the better of the two sides, in the early stages and were unlucky to go in at half time 1-0 down.

Second half, Haddington started to play better, helped out a lot by scoring the 2nd at around 50 mins., with the 3rd goal coming with about 20 mins to go. Vale of Clyde got their consolation goal with 15 minutes of the match remaining.

Although scoring 3, I thought the two best players for Haddington were the goalkeeper, whose name I forget, and the no. 4 Hamill.

I know it was a cup tie, but if Haddington get promoted, the goalkeeper will be amongst the best in the Super League. He had four great saves and a number of other good saves throughout the match. 

Hamill strolled through the match, nearly winning all tussles with different Vale of Clyde players. His only blemish was a dreadful pass back to the keeper, which allowed V of Clyde to get there goal.

Coldest day so far this season for watching football! Well do Haddington, and all best in the 4th round.

Blackburn United 5  Colony Park 1

A few changes to the starting XI saw Blackburn get off to a ropey start, conceding an OG after quarter of an hour and minutes later almost conceding a second. However after that we started to get into our stride with Fraser Spence equalising on 24 minutes but a few other chances were passed up and HT saw the scores level. Second half Blackburn dominated and missed several good chances before getting a second from John Drummond with 20 mins left. In a rare foray upfield Colony Park almost equalised but for a terrific save from Kyle Marley, but from then on it was one way traffic with James Donaldson claiming a double and Brian Ross another in the last 15 mins to ease us into the fourth round.

14 hours ago, pie n beans said:

What was their reason for resigning ?

They only won 2 cups in the last year 

Only beat 6 super league teams in 7 matches

Only won every penalty shoot out 5 or 6 in a row

Only a point off where they were last season

What you have to remember is Tranent implode at some point roughly every 1 or 2 years. It's in their DNA when things are going right they traditionally panic.

Having been at their game on Saturday and 3 other Tranent games this season + shed loads of their games last season I think they have yet again made a monumental mistake in letting Kevin and Darren go. 

Some of the shouts on Saturday from the supporters were embarrassing and there looks to be off the field issues which I am sure someone from Tranent will explain

Pitty because the place looks good and you can see a lot of good things happening 

If they win 2 cups and gain promotion finishing with more points than last season though then they will have made the right choice.......good luck to whoever takes on the impossible job.

On 11/29/2017 at 05:24, The Faceman said:

They only won 2 cups in the last year 

Only beat 6 super league teams in 7 matches

Only won every penalty shoot out 5 or 6 in a row

Only a point off where they were last season

What you have to remember is Tranent implode at some point roughly every 1 or 2 years. It's in their DNA when things are going right they traditionally panic.

Having been at their game on Saturday and 3 other Tranent games this season + shed loads of their games last season I think they have yet again made a monumental mistake in letting Kevin and Darren go. 

Some of the shouts on Saturday from the supporters were embarrassing and there looks to be off the field issues which I am sure someone from Tranent will explain

Pitty because the place looks good and you can see a lot of good things happening 

If they win 2 cups and gain promotion finishing with more points than last season though then they will have made the right choice.......good luck to whoever takes on the impossible job.

Do they still have the sugar daddy?

On 11/25/2017 at 11:42, Casey Jones said:

Three East Lothian teams playing in Junior cup today.

All best to Haddington, Dunbar and Tranent and hope all three are in the 4th round draw in a couple of week’s time.

Well done to Dunbar in winning their replay. Game was marred  by lots of niggles and 1st half was held up due to injuries for both teams .First 44 minutes was forgettable but game over by the 49th minute with 2 excellent strikes by Dean Ballantyne. 2 players sent off  from Hermes and about a dozen booked plus both managers sent off, and there wasnt a bad tackle in the game, really. .  Lets hope we get a home tie in the next round but back to the real business and a difficult game at St. Andrews, this weekend.  

Well done to Dunbar in winning their replay. Game was marred  by lots of niggles and 1st half was held up due to injuries for both teams .First 44 minutes was forgettable but game over by the 49th minute with 2 excellent strikes by Dean Ballantyne. 2 players sent off  from Hermes and about a dozen booked plus both managers sent off, and there wasnt a bad tackle in the game, really. .  Lets hope we get a home tie in the next round but back to the real business and a difficult game at St. Andrews, this weekend.  

Good result and in the end, Dunbar should have won more than 4-0.

Thought Hermes were poor though someone said a lot of the players on the park don't normally play for the team. Not sure if their number 5 was there to play football or just annoy the hell out of Dunbar's no. 7?

So Dunbar and Haddington through and hope Musselburgh join them whenever the match at Hurlford takes place

• 1 month later...

Blackburn United 1 Bathgate Thistle 2

This was a game of few chances, the only one of note in the first half was the Bathgate keeper pulling off a good stop from a 1-on-1. Bathgate took the lead early second half with a deflected free kick and from then on Blackburn had the bulk of possession without creating much. Then with 6 minutes left Campbell equalised with a header at the back post but as sometimes happens Bathgate created their second chance of the half 3 minutes later for Feeney to score the winner.  Browne hit the bar with a header in injury time to almost rescue a deserved point.

I don't think many in the crowd of around 180 would have said either team deserved all three points, but that's fitba.

what the fecks happened at tranent demolished wae dunbar yesterday all is not well defo

Nothing wrong Brycey. All must be well. According to another thread on here they're one of the top five clubs in the entire region. They also average 300 for home crowds not to mention that the players have plenty of training kit! I'm sure they'll be fine [emoji848]

Guest brycey
6 hours ago, Scuzz said:

Nothing wrong Brycey. All must be well. According to another thread on here they're one of the top five clubs in the entire region. They also average 300 for home crowds not to mention that the players have plenty of training kit! I'm sure they'll be fine emoji848.png

aye a saw there comments scuzz awe pie in the sky tbh the average crowd o 300 is way off the mark n the one o the top 5 in the region is ridiculous there even talkin aboot the superleague lol no bad fae a team thats heedin doon the premier at a rate o knots lol aye n a crackin management teem who won them 2 cups walked oot efter a stooshie weel awe um sayin is let them live the dream efter awe they like 2 b known as the sleeping giants lol

On 1/7/2018 at 20:33, brycey said:

aye a saw there comments scuzz awe pie in the sky tbh the average crowd o 300 is way off the mark n the one o the top 5 in the region is ridiculous there even talkin aboot the superleague lol no bad fae a team thats heedin doon the premier at a rate o knots lol aye n a crackin management teem who won them 2 cups walked oot efter a stooshie weel awe um sayin is let them live the dream efter awe they like 2 b known as the sleeping giants lol

There was a big crowd on Saturday ,obviously not to see either team but some player who was allegedly making his debut, he didnt, but the crowd were treated to an excellent performance from Dunbar. We have been threatening to score  a barrow load for weeks and it came good on Saturday. We got humped , earlier in the season from Mussy at home and not many people, myself included, thought we could hack it in the premier. We have actually improved and credit to the players and management team for turning it around. We had excellent performances from Thomson, Handling, Ballantyne and Motion had his best game for us. There wasnt a bad player for us and we looked like we could score at will,it could have been a lot more and it was well deserved. Easily 450-500 at the game.  

2 hours ago, imho said:

There was a big crowd on Saturday ,obviously not to see either team but some player who was allegedly making his debut, he didnt, but the crowd were treated to an excellent performance from Dunbar. We have been threatening to score  a barrow load for weeks and it came good on Saturday. We got humped , earlier in the season from Mussy at home and not many people, myself included, thought we could hack it in the premier. We have actually improved and credit to the players and management team for turning it around. We had excellent performances from Thomson, Handling, Ballantyne and Motion had his best game for us. There wasnt a bad player for us and we looked like we could score at will,it could have been a lot more and it was well deserved. Easily 450-500 at the game.  

Took a look at the match pics on their Facebook page and I say about 200-250 there. The cover has no more than 120-130 in there and the rest of the ground looked a bit sparse.  Still a very decent crowd though.

Archived