East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

I'm more getting at the fact that an old established club (one of the oldest in the East Region) who are playing good football at a good level have lost a lot of support, it doesn't sound like it's a one-off either. Must be a bit of concern for them.

You need to try and get by having to think you have a right of reply to everything where you don't like a response from someone else?

You made a comment about lack of support from a home team and I was tending to agree with you - heaven forbid. Even though Arniston were formed prior to 1900 , if memory serves me right Dunbar were formed in 1925. Pass on Dalkeith, but does 92 years in being not count as an old established team in your eyes? Look forward to your normal class of response. As before, enjoy your game tonight! Sunny in Musselburgh! Take care now.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

You need to try and get by having to think you have a right of reply to everything where you don't like a response from someone else?

You made a comment about lack of support from a home team and I was tending to agree with you - heaven forbid. Even though Arniston were formed prior to 1900 , if memory serves me right Dunbar were formed in 1925. Pass on Dalkeith, but does 92 years in being not count as an old established team in your eyes? Look forward to your normal class of response. As before, enjoy your game tonight! Sunny in Musselburgh! Take care now.

I'm trying to discuss what I saw was a poor crowd which surprised me, to be honest I have no idea what you're on about? :blink:

Blackburn United 1 Whitburn 1

Local derby in front of a healthy crowd of around 150, with a wind blowing down the pitch which at times affected the game.  Whitburn had the better of the first half and went in ahead, Blackburn came out stronger second and equalised early via a penalty for hand ball.  Both sides had chances to win and Gavin King pulled off a great stop to keep Blackburn level.

A fairly scrappy game overall but a draw a fair result, from a Blackburn point of view we have yet to find our rhythm this season, only playing well in spells. Whitburn much improved from the Fauldhouse game. Good to see both sides taking advantage of a later kick-off and playing the second half under lights.

Another win for Musselburgh, so four in a row, with another home game on Saturday. Hopefully this will lead to win number five!  Need to keep on winning as Fauldhouse are also have a great start to the season. Good chance that these two teams could stay there for the remainder of the season!

Mon the Burgh!

9 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

Another win for Musselburgh, so four in a row, with another home game on Saturday. Hopefully this will lead to win number five!  Need to keep on winning as Fauldhouse are also have a great start to the season. Good chance that these two teams could stay there for the remainder of the season!

Mon the Burgh!

Bit early for talk like that is it not?

i went along to foresters last night, yes it was the worst performance for a good while and certainly under kenny and darren. What was more appalling was the reaction on social media from the "so called" supporters. The clue is in the name guys SUPPORT. one defeat at home in months after beating many super league teams, winning two cups and climbing from the bottom 4 to the top 4 under kenny and darren. People like the guy Leishman jumping on the bandwagon slagging the players effort and fitness after one defeat. Get a grip. The club has came a massive way on and off the pitch and dont need people snidey comments, they need everyone pulling together in the same direction.

Special well done to Haddington and Musselburgh on their good start. I fear it may be a long season for Dunbar even at this early stage.

15 minutes ago, lothianstar9 said:

i went along to foresters last night, yes it was the worst performance for a good while and certainly under kenny and darren. What was more appalling was the reaction on social media from the "so called" supporters. The clue is in the name guys SUPPORT. one defeat at home in months after beating many super league teams, winning two cups and climbing from the bottom 4 to the top 4 under kenny and darren. People like the guy Leishman jumping on the bandwagon slagging the players effort and fitness after one defeat. Get a grip. The club has came a massive way on and off the pitch and dont need people snidey comments, they need everyone pulling together in the same direction.

Special well done to Haddington and Musselburgh on their good start. I fear it may be a long season for Dunbar even at this early stage.

Pretty poor given what Daz and Kenny have achieved so far.    These guys need to get a grip of themselves.   4 games in two weeks has certainly taken its toll from what I have seen  I think most teams will be glad to see the back of midweek fixtures.  

3 hours ago, lothianstar9 said:

Think you need to give Dalkeith some credit. They've not had a great start. Played really well last night.

No mention of fauldhouse???

3 hours ago, ian44wood said:

Think you need to give Dalkeith some credit. They've not had a great start. Played really well last night.

Not taking anything away from dalkeith what so ever. Dalkeith were fired up and played well, I dont see dalkeith a lot thats the only problem. All im saying was that it was Tranents worst performance in a while. No team plays well every week in the juniors its a fact. I was just dissapointed in the so called "supporters" reaction, it was shocking.

Can anyone help with the goal times from last night's match

Glenrothes 2 St Andrews 3

James Leslie (    )    Michael Fleming (   )

Jamie Gay (   )                Ben Anthony (    )

Dylan Honeyman (    )

Thanks in advance

Ryan 

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

What's happening at Dunbar? a solid defence last season seems to have gone awol and it appears to be hurting them.

Maybe they were solid, but at same time playing inferior to that of this season. Do you know if they have signed new players in the hope they are better equipped for this year?

Musselburgh easily beat them and it could have been more than 6. They have a guy at centre half called Gibby who looks older than me and I am on my way to retirement age!

Maybe they were solid, but at same time playing inferior to that of this season. Do you know if they have signed new players in the hope they are better equipped for this year?
Musselburgh easily beat them and it could have been more than 6. They have a guy at centre half called Gibby who looks older than me and I am on my way to retirement age!

Musselburgh easily beat them but remember they were down to 10 men after 5 minutes. Not to say that would have had a bearing on the game.

Dunbar have lost their two best centre halves from last season and currently missing a central midfielder, not forgetting the retirement of Chris Grant. I don't think they have been suitably replaced, if at all.
Easier said than done, if the calibre of player is not available at the right time.

Mclaren and Motion will hopefully prove to be good signings however I think all supporters feel the problems lie elsewhere in the side.

Archived