Cinema Code of Conduct and general stories of arsehole behaviour at your screen of choice

DA Baracus

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, I hope that this thread will be used for tales of wanky behaviour in the cinema...

Worked in the local picture house when I was young and we had to throw a bloke out for this. Women in front of him had hung her coat over the back of the seat and was somewhat surprised and understandably upset to find it coated in spunk. 

8 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 at midnight during the week when it came out and I was shocked at how many neds there were there. I know it's a bit different when it's a midnight showing, but I really think it's just your luck.

"During the week it came out"

That's where you went wrong

9 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

DCA is fine in day. Usually quiet enough, only problem is my TV at home is bigger.

My main gripe is folk laughing at adverts. They wouldn't do it in the house.

Yeah, you're right about the dca. The screen is too small and the seats are not steep enough. A far better class of customer though and you can take a pint in with you.

A few years ago I was in the cinema and the film had to be stopped because an old guy had a heart attack. That was very inconsiderate, especially as afterwards they could only restart the film from the beginning and we had to watch the opening half an hour again.

11 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The Grosvenor in Glasgow is the only acceptable cinema in the West of Scotland.
Every single other cinema is hoaching with neds and unsavoury working class types who have the social skills of a serial killer.
The last time I was in the Cineworld at the top of Hope Street, 2 fat lassies starting arguing, then screaming at each other, then throwing punches.

The Grosvenor is the just the other end of the extreme though. I remember waiting on the movie starting in there and was reading a book while the lights were up and couple of hipsterish west end types came into the same row. As they were passing me one of the said, "Oh nice, Neil Gaiman is so cool man". :rolleyes:

I almost threw the book in the bin in protest.

The good thing about having a fancy brand new cinema at Excape, Braehead is the one in Linwood is always dead. Even at peak times on Fridays and Saturdays. I assume all the c***s go to the Braehead one.

Only negative point is the Linwood cinema smells of feet sometimes but i can put up with that if the place is empty.

A few years ago I went to see Jarhead at the UCI in Glasgow and had to walk out due to some boozed up arseholes who kept chanting "HOORRAHHHH" all the time.

Disrespectful c*nts.

I recall being on a family holiday in Florida in 1995. In the second week we went to see Apollo 13 at the cinema. At the end everyone in the screen got up and was applauding wildly and cheering and whooping, and cries of 'USA! USA! USA!' broke out.

It was deeply bemusing and amusing to my 10 year old self.

We also went to see Batman Forever. This was just as bemusing but less amusing.

I'm a regular at the Cineworld in Edinburgh and, on the whole, behaviour seems to be generally reasonable.  That said, I try to avoid blockbusters just as they've been released, and go during the day at the weekend rather than in the evening, so I probably miss the worst of the code violators.

The one time that strategy didn't work recently was for Trainspotting 2.  Our reserved seats had us right by a fat couple who absolutely reeked of stale cigarette smoke and BO.  We had to move further away about three times before we finally couldn't smell it any more.  Fortunately, it wasn't too busy.  I'd have been properly livid if the cinema had been packed and we couldn't move seats.

16 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

DCA is fine in day. Usually quiet enough, only problem is my TV at home is bigger.

Was going to post this, went to see Wonder Woman yesterday and people were laughing out loud at the meerkat adverts etc. Now if this was an advert specifically for the cinema then fair enough, but when its ones that are on the TV all the time surely you must have seen them hundreds of times before. I dont watch much regular telly (i either record things to watch later and forward through adverts, or watch online etc) and I've seen them plenty how could people not have seen them before to find them hysterical in the cinema??  

I went to see star wars when it was rereleased in the 90s, think it was the Odeon on union st in Glasgow. Anyway, the cinema was fairly empty, so we took some random seats. A couple of lassies who had booked said seats came along and asked us to move. Seemed a bit pointless as there were so many free seats, but fair enough, we moved along a couple seats.

Gets to the end of the film and the wee bams up the back of the cinema who had been annoying the whole way through the film launched a jumbo Pepsi down and directly hit the two lassies that had asked us to move. It was brilliant.

When I went to watch Grease when it was first released most of the audience got out their seats and danced in the aisles and down the front during each song. In fact the dancing started before the film even started when there was music being played in the cinema to get everybody in the mood.

When I went to see the Warriors everybody was very aggressive whilst leaving the cinema. A lot of doors were kicked open and some folk were blatantly bumping into each other trying to force a confrontation.:lol:

god, I miss the 70's. Loved life back then.

1 hour ago, supermik said:

When I went to watch Grease when it was first released most of the audience got out their seats and danced in the aisles and down the front during each song. In fact the dancing started before the film even started when there was music being played in the cinema to get everybody in the mood.

When I went to see the Warriors everybody was very aggressive whilst leaving the cinema. A lot of doors were kicked open and some folk were blatantly bumping into each other trying to force a confrontation.:lol:

god, I miss the 70's. Loved life back then.

Did you go and see Emanuelle ? And if so what EXACTLY happened in the aisles?

On 6/14/2017 at 22:55, invergowrie arab said:

Yes.

On 6/15/2017 at 15:38, honestly united said:

Was going to post this, went to see Wonder Woman yesterday and people were laughing out loud at the meerkat adverts etc. Now if this was an advert specifically for the cinema then fair enough, but when its ones that are on the TV all the time surely you must have seen them hundreds of times before. I dont watch much regular telly (i either record things to watch later and forward through adverts, or watch online etc) and I've seen them plenty how could people not have seen them before to find them hysterical in the cinema??  

No.

It's really pretty much never fair enough. I'm willing to concede that once in a blue moon someone might hire an advertising firm that puts together something surprising and leftfield, and that maybe it's amusing, but 99.9% of the time adverts are obvious, trite, and irritating. 
I once saw a woman laugh uproariously at those Vauxhall adverts in which the kids talk as though they're the adults in the situation. She was creaming herself as though this paradigm was the new epitome of wit. I wanted to punch her fat stupid face in.

People should either chat quietly among themselves during adverts or sit in mute, embarrassed, silence; acknowledging that by watching them we're jointly participating in a grim & demeaning experience, only tolerated because they sponsor the feature soon to play.

When the trailers play everyone should be quiet. If a trailer for something particularly lackwitted is shown, people are aloud to mutter contemptuously, but this should be kept to a minimum.

Archived